Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Apr 16, 15 7:57 PM
ceruleanmoon wrote:
mistypie wrote:As soon as the titles and intro are over I click continue and the game stops working and closes itself. I have uninstalled and re installed twice but no luck. such a shame I was really looking forward to this game.

I am having the same issue. Pretty bad when you can't even begin the game. If several other people have this problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the game shuts down, I'm not even going to attempt to do that. Like Mistypie says, it is a shame, and I was looking forward to playing this CE too. Please, BFG, where's your QA team these days? Three out of the last four CEs I've purchased have had major problems with them. I find myself longing for the good old days...

ETA: Gave it one more shot and *skipped* the opening cinematic and then I got the game to start. But still, we shouldn't have to skip anything for the game to work.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Apr 16, 15 7:58 PM
Same issue and I too have had major issues with my last 4 CE games. Seems they are not testing the way they should be.

BFGMCFFAN
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by BFGMCFFAN on Apr 16, 15 10:15 PM
Same issue with Benjamins office. The screen is shrinking.

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Apr 17, 15 3:21 AM
Having the same issue as Brenda519. I solved the colored filter puzzle and now only approximately 1/4 of the room shows. The rest of the screen is black. At first, I thought it was supposed to be that way. My heart just sinks as I read kathey12's post. So it's either start over or wait for an update. What a shame.

[Post New]by PegasusD on Apr 17, 15 3:52 AM
Same problem as several others with Benjamin's Office shrinking to the top left corner of the screen. Playing on PC

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Apr 17, 15 2:00 PM
Game stopped working after I had finished a hidden object scene towards the end of the main story. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by cookiehoney on Apr 18, 15 10:02 AM
Yet another CE I have bought that has problems. This one worked fine till nearly the end of the game and now on trying to go back into it, it comes up with a stopped working message and closes down! Now another game that I cannot carry on until an update is issued and then I'll probably have to start again. My computer is not old and is all up to date and I resent being told to tweak different settings when these games are being sold to work on the system I have. Not a happy fish and one that will stop buying these games if they keep having problems when first released.

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by SuzyF on Apr 18, 15 6:32 PM
Brenda519 wrote:Suddenly when I enter Benjamin's office the room shrinks and I can't continue the game.

I have the same problem. Game window shrunk to the upper left corner and black screen for the other 3/4 of the screen! This is so frustrating. I hope they have a fix because I really don't want to start the game over with a new profile.

Windows Vista Home Basic

Edited on 04/19/2015 at 6:22:41 AM PST

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Apr 18, 15 7:06 PM
I am also having the same issues with Benjamin's room shrinking...very frustrating. Will restart and see if that helps.

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Apr 19, 15 3:23 AM
Dont know what happend, but i have finish the games witout any problems at all, also the bonus game. I try to set my computer to 1024/768 and apperently that's do it.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Apr 19, 15 5:26 AM
Hi

I can't even get the game to down load it just comes up as error 760. I am a bit disappointed, can any one suggest anything. Thanks

Linda

[Post New]by MsInformation on Apr 19, 15 8:09 AM
mistypie wrote:As soon as the titles and intro are over I click continue and the game stops working and closes itself. I have uninstalled and re installed twice but no luck. such a shame I was really looking forward to this game.

Same problem here. Running Windows 7 Home Premium sp1

Edited on 04/28/2015 at 6:51:26 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Ice_Cat on Apr 19, 15 8:48 AM
SuzyF wrote:
Brenda519 wrote:Suddenly when I enter Benjamin's office the room shrinks and I can't continue the game.

I have the same problem. Game window shrunk to the upper left corner and black screen for the other 3/4 of the screen! This is so frustrating. I hope they have a fix because I really don't want to start the game over with a new profile.

Windows Vista Home Basic

I had the exact same issue : Win 7 , 64-bit OS, latest drivers, all working well. Benjamin's Office just shrunk after I exited the HOP in his office.

I tried changing res, window mode, reinstall of game - no luck. The only way to do it was start a new profile and when entering Ben's office - go for the goggles first and tackle the "Tower" scene . the rest will work ok afterwards.

Replaying the game on the profile took me ~ 30 minutes on "Custom/Nightmare mode " but I skipped the cinematics.

A fix for this problem would be spot on about now ... its not a free game ...

thx.

[Post New]by candlstick on Apr 19, 15 10:25 AM
mamaofkk wrote:
Same for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to fix BF?

its the same for me load the game and it closes I am running Windows 8.1 what is wrong with this game.

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SuzyF on Apr 19, 15 10:47 AM
I have the fix for the glitch in Benjamin's office!!! You have to complete the steps exactly how they are listed in the in game Walkthrough Guide. As soon as you enter his office open the guide and go to the appropriate page. You will begin with using the goggles. Don't do anything differently then the steps laid out in the guide and the game screen will remain normal for the remainder of that portion of the game. I had to restart the game 3 times before I figured it out. Good luck!

aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aussieali on Apr 19, 15 12:58 PM
I've got the same glitch as everyone else with benjamins office shrinking. It's so disappointing cause I was enjoying this game so much!! It's exactly the type of game I love....right graphics, great story, lots to do but having to start over is really frustrating and having to do everything in the exact order it's listed is just bad game development....really not a happy player right now as I spend A LOT of money with big fish on these games so is it really so hard to get it right Please big fish don't release games until they have been tested on every platform you tell us they should work on

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Apr 19, 15 4:45 PM
same issue on entering ben' s office op sys win 7 64 bit. should not have happened demo was no issues then this so please fix it BF

roxop
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by roxop on Apr 19, 15 10:15 PM
For me the problem is on the tower and with the bookshelf and books puzzle. It keeps crashing. Very frustrating. Is there a way to get a refund?

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kindnsruls on Apr 20, 15 9:27 AM
Oh puh-lease I'm not playing this whole not so exciting game again just to change the order I do things entering benjamins office to work around the glitch. I already asked for an exchange...just hope BF puts up another good game before the coupon expires. Liked them better when they just did a straight-up refund.

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Apr 20, 15 1:37 PM
I have been playing through the game w/ no problems at all, until I had to exit the game. Now I cannot get back into the game. Every time I click continue the program closes. These problems w/ new games seems to be a recurring theme lately. It is very disappointing and frustrating. I hope there is a "fix" soon as I was enjoying this game.

Go to: