SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jun 22, 09 4:29 AM
That's what you get for $6.99 (or $5.99 on another site). With game prices dropping, don't "expect" developers to put in more time and energy for less payback. Just saying........

The prices for game club members used to be $6.99, $9.99 & $12.99. For non club members it was $19.99. Now it is $6.99 for everyone - no price structures. Developers are talking about putting out "snack games" now. Nevermind, it's a long story but I think 2-3 hour games might be the wave of the future with a few exceptions of course.

I haven't played this game, but that's not really an excuse. I think developers are shorting themselves if they think people will buy crappy "snack games" just because they're $6.99.

"Treasure Seekers II" isn't a long game, but it's done really well. That I don't mind. But what I do mind, paying $6.99 for crap. Crap is crap whether it's $6.99 or $19.99. Some of you are trying to qualify bad based on price as if it's okay for a game to suck just because it's $6.99. Um...No!

Edited on 06/22/2009 at 4:35:50 AM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jun 22, 09 4:31 AM
88blyth wrote:hello, does anyone know, roughly, how long this game takes to play...thanks x x x

The length of the game depends on your ability to find objects quickly and solve the mini-games quickly as well. You can play the hour demo and see how far you can get. Then, you can check your progress against the walkthrough posted on the BFG blog.

Copy and paste the link below to access the walkthrough

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/youda-legend-the-curse-of-the-amsterdam-diamond-walkthrough/

Good Luck!
Margie B

[Post New]by redboots65 on Jun 22, 09 1:13 PM
Lea127 wrote:I have downloaded and purchased the game. I get the message Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error. This application has reuested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. I have uninstalled once disabled my firewall and reinstalled. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by chapsweetiepie2 on Jun 22, 09 1:49 PM
Lea127 wrote:I have downloaded and purchased the game. I get the message Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error. This application has reuested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. I have uninstalled once disabled my firewall and reinstalled. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by gibbo2304 on Jun 24, 09 9:24 AM
I have bought and downloaded this game but all i get is a blank screen, please help, I couldnt even play for the trial period thats why I bought it.

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jun 25, 09 8:57 AM
I love my games and I am reletavly new to this in comparison to some. Big Fish are definetly value for money. I am however having a problem with Youda Legend as I have not finished my game and cannot get it to work. I am constantly getting Runtime Error ending in an unusual way and refer this to the provider. I have on several occassions but to my surprise I have had no response to my requests. Unusual to say the least as they always reply immediately. What is going on?

elaineNM
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by elaineNM on Jun 25, 09 3:38 PM
i need help with the ring box please

elaineNM
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by elaineNM on Jun 25, 09 3:49 PM
margie134 wrote:
88blyth wrote:hello, does anyone know, roughly, how long this game takes to play...thanks x x x

The length of the game depends on your ability to find objects quickly and solve the mini-games quickly as well. You can play the hour demo and see how far you can get. Then, you can check your progress against the walkthrough posted on the BFG blog.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/youda-legend-the-curse-of-the-amsterdam-diamond-walkthrough/

Good Luck!
Margie B

elaineNM
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by elaineNM on Jun 25, 09 3:50 PM
margie134 wrote:

Good Luck!
Margie B

elaineNM
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum

[Post New]by elaineNM on Jun 25, 09 3:52 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

omgno
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by omgno on Jun 25, 09 4:42 PM
I liked the game. I also have to agree with the others, it was too short. It had a medium challenge to it, but a lot of the items were way to big and obvious while others were almost not there. I may think long before another purchase for two reasons. 1. Length of game and difficulty not great. 2. I haven't been able to download games to try first before buying,[ they won't run ] therefore I felt forced to buy to try.

Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum

[Post New]by millieserr on Jun 25, 09 5:02 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Jun 28, 09 2:26 PM

Getting the same thing. Have uninstalled; deleted Internet Explorers cache/temp files, etc; restarted computer; redownloaded, etc
Have a brand new toshiba laptop with all the bells/whistles.
Not sure what's going on.

[Post New]by lulu113 on Jun 29, 09 8:26 AM
rocket1225 wrote:ring box help

[Post New]by Jill3107 on Jun 29, 09 1:36 PM
I'm having a similar problem. Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled again then finally bought the game to see if that would help but every time I only get up to the 'youda games.....time to play' screen and the game wont go any further and I have left for ages - even let one of the trial periods run out waiting for it to move on. Anyone any ideas why this is happening or how to solve it? Thanks for anything you suggest.

[Post New]by annajohn on Jul 1, 09 2:24 PM
Just started the game and I can't seem to get passed the map. I get it all together and nothing happens I am going to uninstall it

[Post New]by doggymaker on Jul 1, 09 8:03 PM
i dont know what to do with the coins for the map i ned help this game is worthless i wil no longer waste my money on this stuff . i will go and buy my own computer games that i know i will enjoy

[Post New]by upfront on Jul 2, 09 9:49 AM
I have read the walkthrough on how to do the maze and I still can't do it? What am I missing? I can't even get it locked into place. Can anyone help me.

Thanks

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 2, 09 10:14 AM
Actually I had no idea what I was doing for the longest time. I suggest you go very slowly, cos as you get each section right it locks into place. Good luck!

tigrasmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tigrasmom on Jul 12, 09 11:57 PM
well since i cant get this game to play wondering when bigfish will finally come out with dream day weddings viva las vegas all the other sites came out with it a month ago or so.

Go to: