graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by graytori on Apr 30, 15 6:36 PM
SquirrelGirrrl, Yes mine is in the demo.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by guesswho1968 on Apr 30, 15 8:52 PM
it won't let you play at all

tsre0001
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tsre0001 on Apr 30, 15 10:35 PM
Unable to download - Windows 8

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on May 1, 15 12:12 AM
The demo was ok, then I bought the full version. Nearly at the end of the installation I got the virus allert. So I could not play the game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 1, 15 1:05 AM
I use Avast Internet Security and had no warnings about a virus when downloading or playing the demo.

Also I have just run a 'smart scan' and Avast reports no viruses or malware.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on May 1, 15 1:51 AM
I am using windows 8. Avast has blocked be from playing this game saying it contains a suspect file. What can I do about that? I clicked on "add to exceptions" but nothing happens. Perhaps because I have the free version of Avast. Not sure but would like to buy this game. I have installed and uninstalled and installed again but the same thing happens.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on May 1, 15 1:57 AM
I also run Avast! (Internet Security) and got no virus alerts when trying to download the demo. As I said earlier, I seemed to have solved the problem with the game not downloading by pausing the download and then unpausing it - but although it put the game on my computer, it just would not play the game at all!

I tend to think this is not a virus but some kind of incompatibility problem with the Download Manager.

Here's hoping someone from the BFG team gets back to us soon.

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on May 1, 15 5:35 AM
THE VIRUS IS NOT IN THE DEMO, BUT IN THE FULL VERSION ¨!!!

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on May 1, 15 6:28 AM
Okay, I turned off my silent game mode on my free Avast (Windows 8.1), and redownloaded the game. During the time, Avast blocked it. After I turned off Avast for a short time, I tried again (having uninstalled the previous attempt). It downloaded fine and played fine. Since it seems to be free Avast that is complaining about it, I'm assuming it is a false warning.

However, very annoying to say the least.

willie213
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by willie213 on May 1, 15 7:38 AM
Downloaded demo. Once installation was complete, Game Manager froze. I ended task and reopened Game Manager, to be told that my free trial was over. I am playing on an HP Pavilion Notebook PC, Windows 7, 64 bit and rarely have tech trouble with Big Fish. What is going on with this game?

[Post New]by ocean8ways on May 1, 15 8:05 AM
Mac OS 10.10.2

I think Eipix (and others) are cranking out games too fast and skipping over some pre-release troubleshooting (including proofreading--a "stump" is not the same thing as a "log").

In this "scene," (No. 11, barely 1/4 of the whole game) the red color button doesn't work. I will grudgingly press the "skip" button because the game has no "achievement" for not skipping any puzzles.

Interesting, and annoying, that I always seem to be able to complete the demo and purchase the game before some stink-bug shows up to spoil the fun.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on May 1, 15 9:11 AM
Cannot get game to download at all. I am on windows 8 on a desk top computer.Didn't know this game had a virus! [Removed by Moderator] Thank you!

Edited on 05/04/2015 at 8:12:52 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: The Obsidian Book Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on May 2, 15 7:40 AM
Anyone else having a problem downloading or installing this game????Please help me!

[Post New]by ocean8ways on May 3, 15 6:54 AM
Mac OS 10.10.2

Am forced to punch another skip button--the green jewel will not move.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 4, 15 8:16 AM
Hi everyone,

I see that a lot of players are having trouble downloading this particular game. It also looks like players are experiencing a virus message as well freezing issues. I'm so sorry to hear about that and apologize for the frustration this has caused.

In regards to downloading and freezing, it may be helpful to check out the following help pages:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

With the virus message that players are experiencing, we take these messages very seriously. We work directly with the antivirus providers to ensure that our products are virus-free. Please contact our Technical Support Team with the following information:

1. What did the virus message alert you received say specifically?

2. What is the full name of the file was detected as being infected? (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

3. What antivirus program do you use?

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by hllewo65 on May 19, 15 9:19 AM
Help please.
Chapter 6 the Sewers. After releasing Basil from the cage, He should give me a second coin? Unfortunately he does not, so I am unable to progress any further and
finish the game! My system is windows 7 on desktop PC. Also after reading about
Loading and virus reports, I had no problem loading and running the full programme
Regards
Nestowl.

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Water in jail cell won't fill the drain

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on May 29, 15 8:13 AM
I have read through all of these tech issues and had nothing like this happen to me. Demo was great, I am over halfway through the game on Win 7 and have had no issues till now. I am hoping this is not a glitch, though the way the last 5 games I've bought turned out that is highly expected now.

I used the metal scaler and removed the debris from the faucet in the cell. Water keeps flowing and I'm like, why isn't it filling up and giving me that last little soldier sword (2 of 2 parts)? I go elsewhere and get the bucket and think, "Really? You want me to fill the bucket and pour it down the drain when the water's already running into it?" LOL. Nope, looked at guide and used bucket to retrieve item from column. But guide says once I remove debris, to take the 2nd soldier part. Can't. Each click, says, "It's too far down. Maybe if I float this it will surface."

Water's been running for about 30 minutes now and nothing.

Please help and tell me if I have to submit ANOTHER ticket on another game from another developer that used to be a sure thing.

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Water in jail cell won't fill the drain

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on May 29, 15 8:20 AM
sgrwlf27 wrote:I have read through all of these tech issues and had nothing like this happen to me. Demo was great, I am over halfway through the game on Win 7 and have had no issues till now. I am hoping this is not a glitch, though the way the last 5 games I've bought turned out that is highly expected now.

I used the metal scaler and removed the debris from the faucet in the cell. Water keeps flowing and I'm like, why isn't it filling up and giving me that last little soldier sword (2 of 2 parts)? I go elsewhere and get the bucket and think, "Really? You want me to fill the bucket and pour it down the drain when the water's already running into it?" LOL. Nope, looked at guide and used bucket to retrieve item from column. But guide says once I remove debris, to take the 2nd soldier part. Can't. Each click, says, "It's too far down. Maybe if I float this it will surface."

Water's been running for about 30 minutes now and nothing.

Please help and tell me if I have to submit ANOTHER ticket on another game from another developer that used to be a sure thing.

OOPS..not a glitch. Missed the part about putting the cloth to plug the drain.
Hope this helps any others who may go brain dead upon occasion.

mountain71
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by mountain71 on Jun 10, 15 10:12 AM
need the right puzzle sequence for undercroft access in bonus play I must have tried at least 30 plus or more what I'm I doing wrong? used game instructions,triangle, circle, square,etc. is there a glitch ? any assistance will be appreciated thks

Go to: