lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Right of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on May 2, 15 2:25 PM
sonofstar wrote:
lyssa7712 wrote:playing on WIN7. stuck after placing the wires on the lift and pushing the button, it tells me something is missing but I've checked the strategy guide and there are no further steps - the boat is supposed to come down at that point. closed and re-opened game, still can't progress. too bad, I loved the other releases in this series but I'm not buying something I can't even get through the first chapter on. boo.

If you're talking about the life boat...turn the handle.

I can't - there is no handle. there is a button to push after you fix the wires. when I push the button, nothing happens. when I hover over the wires I just fixed, it tells me something's missing. I've checked the strategy guide and all the steps I can take have been taken. but without that button working, you can't get to the life boat at all.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Right of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by charlene_lane on May 2, 15 2:41 PM
I am about 2 hours into the game and I've had no problems at all so far. I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 2, 15 3:59 PM
I bought this game because I really enjoyed the demo. However, some glitches. Almost everytime you move to a different location, the screen turns black from anywhere from 3-20 seconds (ANNOYING)... and sometimes the arrow freezes up for a few seconds. And, yes, like someone else posted... most of the time when you click your arrow on a spot it states "can't set out without oars."
Wish I would have waited to buy until this stuff was fixed.

[Post New]by littleone_1 on May 2, 15 4:49 PM
nflynn wrote:I'm stuck in the plane looking for coordinates and it wont let me get out or use the map to get out...another glitch w BF.... guess I can't finish the bonus chapter??

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 2, 15 6:40 PM
My first issue is the difficulty setting will not stay. I first set it to a custom setting with no hint and no sparkles on active areas or HOS. Well, all of a sudden I notice the hint button is still lit. I redid my selection and the hint button would not turn off, it just kept resetting all of my choices to selecting all items. Then I decided to go for the hard core setting without hints and skips. At first it worked but then lo and behold the hint button is lit back up. The only reason I have been doing this is this seems to be the only way I DO NOT get glints during HOS to show me where the items I am supposed to be looking for are.
Second, I am finding that the mini games are not accepting the correct answer on the first try. The first time this happened was with the Octopus in the beginning of the game. Even though I had everything set, it would not accept it until I either exited out and came back in or clicked on the head or upper tentacles. Other games, I had to do something similar or hit outside of the working area. Currently, I am stuck on trying to get the gems set on the cane. Even though I have placed them according to the statues necklace, it will not accept it and I cannot proceed without it.
I agree with you all about how annoying the "Oars" statement. Annoying!
I think this is the fourth game in the past two weeks that I cannot continue until a fix is put through plus others that I have sitting waiting for something since the beginning of the year. Even more annoying! I have never had issues like this in the past with BFG. If I had 4 problems in the past 6 years that may have been it and they were always reconciled.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on May 2, 15 6:49 PM
Blitzmiz wrote:I am using Win8. It appears to be impossible to download this game -which is frustrating when you've stumped up money and will have to wait to play it. Have I checked DEP - yes, have I switched off my firewall - yes, have I moved from default to alternative download method - yes have I loaded a "Dr. Felix" file - yes. Will I have to wait days to resolve - yes. I had a similar problem with a game last year - the situation was never resolved. One of the biggest issues I have with Big Fish games is buggy software - it makes buying a game on its day of release very chancy.

Blitz...are you having a problem once the game is trying to install? I had a problem this morning once the game was trying to install and it would either do nothing or just hang or would ask for me to sign back in. I had to shut down my BFG game manager 3 times before it finally loaded the full game. Hope this helps.

agnesnic
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by agnesnic on May 2, 15 8:31 PM
Using Windows 7 - I cannot complete the treasure hunt as 3 items will not be placed - dark hair mermaid head/body; mermaid tail (red hair) and part of sun ray. I cannot remove any that I have placed if there is any order to the placements.

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by doorgirl on May 2, 15 9:43 PM
Another one wondering why the recurring "oars" message in completely inappropriate places....as if the dialog was stuck. I, too, am clicking in the corridor to find the cabin; the response to the click is that I "need oars to leave the ship."

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on May 3, 15 1:08 AM
lyssa7712 wrote:playing on WIN7. stuck after placing the wires on the lift and pushing the button, it tells me something is missing but I've checked the strategy guide and there are no further steps - the boat is supposed to come down at that point. closed and re-opened game, still can't progress. too bad, I loved the other releases in this series but I'm not buying something I can't even get through the first chapter on. boo.

Having the same problem, playing windows 8. Love these developers and have bought their other games but this is a no buy until bugs are solved.

[Post New]by anita1968 on May 3, 15 1:26 AM
i have now started the bonus game and only have a broken camera and cant move on any further ..what is the point of us buying collectors games when we cant get to play the bonus games !!!!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 3, 15 8:28 AM
grammyapples wrote:I started the Bonus Game and am stuck with only a broken camera.
I can not continue on. There is supposed to be a coin that I do not have as well as something else.
I hope someone can help me please.
I went through the whole game without any issues but now can not play Bonus game and a bit disappointed.

I went back into the game and played it all the way through a second time to get to the bonus game. I originally thought this was a glitch. It's not. You have to click the slider on the binoculars over one step at a time until the image clears. Then you get the coin. Hope that helps because it definitely is a frustrating issue. I will say the first time I played through the image never would clear up so that may be more the glitch than the lack of a coin.

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on May 3, 15 9:54 AM
Enjoyed the game until I got to the bonus chapter, now like so many others I am stuck in the plane and can't get out, its getting kind of crowded in this little plane with so many of us stuck in here. Come on Devs, don't do this to us.

[Post New]by Nienna on May 3, 15 10:48 AM
I can't even download this one. I've tried twice on IE and both times it froze my whole system and I had to manually restart which is NOT GOOD for a PC as it can damage the system. I'm using Win7 and I've even tried downloading via different browsers and with Chrome it just cancelled itself before the BF games client loaded. I don't pay for my Game Club to have your games potentially damage my computer. Sort it out or I will stop paying for it.

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on May 3, 15 2:04 PM
I am also stuck in the plane in the bonus chapter. Very frustrating, as I was going along with no problems. Really enjoying and now this!!!!

[Post New]by k2sing4u on May 3, 15 2:14 PM
I am another of the many stuck in the plane in the bonus game. Please fix this glitch. It is frustrating to pay for something that doesn't work. Let me know when this is resolved.

[Post New]by seaman331 on May 3, 15 2:22 PM
Ditto stuck in the plane, came here to see if I was the only one. Guess not! Oh, well, I love BFG and Mad Head games, I will just wait for a patch or replay.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 3, 15 10:25 PM
I hope they'll get a patch for this as several times it won't left you back out of a scene and you're stuck and for me it's in the plane so you can't finish or move on. If it doesn't get fixed, I'll have to ask for a credit

Edited on 05/03/2015 at 10:26:50 PM PST

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on May 4, 15 5:17 AM
I read many of the tech issues, but decided to demo to see if I had a problem. I still use Windows Vista and normally don't have the problems so many others have using Windows 7 & 8.

I did encounter several problems with comments not matching the task at hand and lag times. I didn't write down all the issues I had so can't post them.

I didn't make it through the demo before deciding to just wait and try again after there is a fix to this game. It looks like a good game and I'm eager to play it.

I just wanted to post that Windows Vista also is having problems with this game.

[Post New]by u_nance on May 4, 15 5:31 AM
i'm stuck on the plane in the bonus level too!!- and I got the 'oars' message repeatedly..., a very irritating game. I agree that if a fix isn't put in then I too will want a credit or refund

[Post New]by onecalidoc68 on May 4, 15 6:21 AM
Cannot even download this game..in fact I cant even pull up my purchase history on my game manager anymore. This is ridiculous, I have been a member forever and this is just getting old. I can download the short version, I cannot download the full

Go to: