Pet Tells

suzy1985
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Pet Tells

[Post New]by suzy1985 on Jun 26, 15 1:22 PM
What is the tell for the "Little White Bear"?

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Jun 26, 15 2:29 PM
Hi Suzy, I watch my little bear's face real closely and when he sticks his tongue out, I send him off. Usually get gold or at least silver from him. Good luck

Beckster

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jun 26, 15 4:10 PM
robB1 wrote:It may be going against the grain somewhat but I find it hard to believe that the pets have either preferred locations or "tells" which indicate when they are more likely to return gold chests.
The whole ethos of the castle seems to be to make things hard and difficult for the players so why the game developers would build in this sort of increased probability, that could be learned and exploited, just seems unlikely to me.

What I suspect is happening is what is called "confirmation bias" in which we all want to believe that we can influence pet behaviour by clicking at a certain time in a certain place, and so we unconsciously look for or remember bits of evidence that back up our "pet theories" (pun intended).

I only use the 4 Christmas pets - because they are light on the pet food they eat - and despite the fact that I don't believe in the tells, I still want to click when the reindeer moves his ear or when the snowman bangs his stick or whatever it is etc.

What it needs is someone to do a proper analysis of it but life's too short I guess.
BUZZZZ kill.....not cool....I dig fantasy and superstitions will believe in the chi....long live the Castle intrigue......lol **D**

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jun 26, 15 4:15 PM
General_hobojoe wrote:
Xiphias_Gladius wrote:robB1 is correct, in my experience. People who claim otherwise tend to forget or ignore the times the "tells" fail. But, you can't stop people from being superstitious. And a vote on whether "tells" work or not is meaningless.

The few Elephant Games devs who can read English must laugh themselves silly at the fishies. (Play the trial of "Grim Tales: The Stone Queen" if you want to see some grim English translations.)

Oh, and most recently I got 8 consecutive gold chests (from 4 different pets) by activating them at different spots, and at different times in their animations. Before that I got 3 iron chests using the pet tells. Clearly that proves something. Or not.

Miramon

Too much computer analysis and 0's and 1's jargin is a linear ray straight into nothin'........i want and do believe the game warps and morphs into your/my brain and lives in the middle of insanity.....US **D** lol

Go to: