Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Train: Frozen in Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on May 10, 15 7:13 AM
I`m using Windows 7 64-bit.

I have sounds and music but no voices.
I would like to play this games with voices too!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Train: Frozen in Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by charliehenry on May 10, 15 7:34 AM
I am in bonus game playing HO where I am to collect map half-tried everything-used hint to show where-nada-click click etc-no map half so I am now stuck. Windows 7 pro. Any idea of what I might be doing wrong if anything

[Post New]by robbiet4u on May 10, 15 9:21 AM
I have jerky movement of cursor also. I beta tested this game a while back and had same issue. Looks like they didn't fix it. Whats up with that?

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 10, 15 10:35 AM
Custom cursor far too jerky to play and while system curser is somewhat
better. still not as good as it should be.

So no buy until it's fixed. Otherwise, will see if the SE plays any better.

Windows 7, Home Edition.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on May 10, 15 1:55 PM
DANG IT! I NEVER PURCHASE A GAME BEFORE TRYING THE DEMO UNTIL NOW! REVIEWS OF GAME WERE GOOD ENOUGH TO CONVINCE ME TO BUY WITHOUT TESTING. SOUND QUIT DURING THE OPENING SCENES. EXITED AND TRIED AN OLD GAME TO SEE IF SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER. NOPE....GREAT SOUND. UNINSTALLED HAUNTED TRAIN AND RE-INSTALLED. STILL NO SOUND. HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on May 10, 15 8:32 PM
0161 wrote:
Daxadillion wrote:@0161 - after fixing the note, did you move things around in the 3 photos?

Tried to move things as it states in the strat guide but could not get anything to move.

I cant even find the note to repair the note in the diary. The diary opens and the note is missing!!!! BFG - do resolve the glitch-es. Too many games now released without proper testing.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 11, 15 12:09 AM
27" iMac running Yosemite -- no wide screen. Full screen presents a squished (technical term) version of the game screen.

fpours
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by fpours on May 11, 15 10:50 AM
I tried an earlier version of FROZEN train. This thread convinces me to stay far away for this new version. I guess the team who wrote this is keeping with the theme FROZEN, as the game constantly freezes.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on May 11, 15 1:54 PM
Bonus Game

Page 45 of Strategy Guide
Use Duct Take to fix Plug/Cord.

Cannot access "PLUG"; it is OFF SCREEN

Vendor needs to fix this.

Edited to add: I am playing on a regular PC using Windows 8.1
I didn't have any problems until I hit the Bonus Game and am to fix the Plug to the Cord.

Edited to add:
The Plug is there, just not where I expected it to be,. I totally missed it, even looking for it for 3 minutes.

Edited on 05/11/2015 at 7:58:58 PM PST

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on May 11, 15 4:07 PM
shorenuf wrote:27" iMac running Yosemite -- no wide screen. Full screen presents a squished (technical term) version of the game screen.

Same problem here.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 12, 15 2:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are experiencing freezing issues as well display and cursor issues. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

It may be helpful to look at the following help page in regards to the freezing issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still seeing issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to look into things for you and offer any troubleshooting steps they have.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Having the *no wide screen* issue on MBP

[Post New]by nitenurse2001 on May 12, 15 4:19 PM
I played it fine in real size when it was a demo. I bought it and
now the game is in the bottom left of my screen in small size.

I've now rebooted the computer and it's the same.

Geez, people.

[Post New]by Tlmeyn on May 13, 15 3:19 AM
Micha1234 wrote:windows 7, game froze with access violation.

same here in the mill scene trying to use the chronometer..

neakybird
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by neakybird on May 13, 15 11:26 AM
I am operating a laptop with windows vista 64 bit and rarely have problems with anything so I am surprised with this game. Mostly minor stuff that doesn't require reboot or computer freezes however, I am currently in the hall trying to pick up a note from under the wheel of the rolling ladder with tweezers. I had done it once but the game never gave the tweezers or the note to me so I tried again and now the tweezers are gone and no way to get the note. I am totally stuck which is too bad because I really like the game. The graphics are great, I am enjoying the story and the interaction with the chronometer is fun too,
I think I will wait in the candy shop while you work on it so come and get me when you are done, okay?

Edited on 05/13/2015 at 11:27:09 AM PST

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on May 14, 15 7:53 AM
This has been happening more and more, where I'll demo the game, decide I like it, buy it, install, and start to play. I got to the part after Adam took off in the firetruck, and the SG says to go left. Got to the beach and started following what I was supposed to do, when all of a sudden the game froze and a message came on about the game has stopped working I(duh!), and I could either see about the computer fixing the problem or closing the program. First I started to look through the forums to see if anyone else had this happen, then i went onto this Tech Issue area. No, it does not help because I don't think this is covered by any of the topics (and I've checked). I've been trying to list all the games that I own (especially the series games) and it seem as if for every twenty to thirty games, there's been a technical problem of some sort. I'm not computer savvy (when I was working, I had a boss who could do all sorts of technical stuff on the computer, but, every day he'd come to me and ask me how to start the computer. THAT I could do). When will this sort of thing stop? I pay good money for these games, and I'm starting to wonder if the people who are supposed to screen these games for any potential problems is actually doing the job. Call me "PO'd and Frustrated.

[Post New]by grandma_3times on May 14, 15 7:51 PM
Playing on a MAC, Game is crashing and shutting suddenly down. I would like to get a credit for another game. This one will not let me continue, I tried 3 times.

[Post New]by Evelynk2000 on May 15, 15 1:06 PM
neakybird wrote:I am operating a laptop with windows vista 64 bit and rarely have problems with anything so I am surprised with this game. Mostly minor stuff that doesn't require reboot or computer freezes however, I am currently in the hall trying to pick up a note from under the wheel of the rolling ladder with tweezers. I had done it once but the game never gave the tweezers or the note to me so I tried again and now the tweezers are gone and no way to get the note. I am totally stuck which is too bad because I really like the game. The graphics are great, I am enjoying the story and the interaction with the chronometer is fun too,
I think I will wait in the candy shop while you work on it so come and get me when you are done, okay?

Hope you're not still in the candy shop! I'm operating a laptop with Windows 8.1 and having exactly the same issue. It would be REALLY nice to see a response to this question. I'm 85% done with the game. Too late to turn back now.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 16, 15 4:25 PM
Nice game BUT every time I pause it the options default to off and I have to change them back. Needs some sort of patch. Sure getting tired of buying games that don't work correctly. Also, freezes up and I have to reboot.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 17, 15 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing freezing issues, access violation error messages, and trouble progressing. Talk about frustrating. Doesn't make things fun.It may be helpful to look at the following help pages:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

If you are still seeing issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help look into this for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on May 17, 15 2:58 PM
rmelone wrote:I have Windows 7.

Having a problem in the "Candy Shop" trying the second movement of bride and groom.

I'm unable to get the characters on the cake to move - I was able to do the first part where there were 3 characters but now I can't get the 2 characters to move.

Thanks for any help.

Am having the same problem. Played it for a while. Didn't get through. Exited out. Now I am back in and none of the characters will move.

Go to: