Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on May 18, 15 11:17 AM
I have the same problem, its all black under here. time to delete and not bother with elephant games again. complete waste of time.

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by charfoust on May 19, 15 6:36 PM
OhioCrazyCatLady wrote:I am having the same problem

I also can get nowhere after I find the keys in the bag. I am running the purchased PC version on Windows 8.1 Pro on a Dell laptop with 16 GB of ram. I get no error message but clicking on anything, including the keys does nothing. I'm going around in circles.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 20, 15 3:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are experiencing trouble in a particular scene with keys as well as a black screen. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

In regards to the black screen, it may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issues still persist, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They will do everything they can to help get things up and running like it should. This also helps keep track of and report the issues players are experiencing to bring to the attention of the appropriate people.

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on May 21, 15 4:08 AM
It's strange. I was looking through the files and it appears that in the front yard scene, at least for me, the game isn't calling the background graphic for that scene. I didn't see it in the code anyway. Perhaps that's why the issue with the blackness in that scene.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on May 22, 15 6:56 AM
Why doesn't Elephant ever fix the tech issues with their games coming out lately?

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on May 22, 15 9:31 AM
I've now gotten the same issue of not being able to do anything after getting the keys. Can't finish the game.

Mona1908
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Mona1908 on May 25, 15 8:45 AM
To say I am disappointed is putting it mildly. I should have stopped playing when the inventory kept freezing. I was just playing the lock pick puzzle in the final chapter and the game crashed to the desktop. When I opened the game again, I got a message that the date file was corrupt and my profile was reset meaning I lost all of my progress and achievements earned. I have Windows 8. This is so frustrating. I don't even want to start over.

Pashta
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Pashta on May 29, 15 12:19 PM
Twice the inventory got stuck closed after a video played and I had to restart the game to access it.

[Post New]by joey67 on May 30, 15 4:42 AM
Operating system: PC. I just downloaded subject game and as has happened to me for the last SEVERAL games I attempted to play I received the 0x0000000 problem. Why oh why does this happen? I know you can fix it, you've done it for the last two games I tried. Thank you for taking care of it for me. It would be better if I never saw that 0x0000000 problem again.

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lordofys on May 30, 15 5:48 PM
Just purchased the full version of this game. Crashes on launch. Mac OS 10.7.5. I tried restarting my Mac. Then tried deleting and re-installing I can e-mail the crash report if this helps.

[Post New]by Lizzilla on May 31, 15 6:01 PM
I'm playing on a PC using windows 8.1. Every time I try to reload a saved game it says "save file corrupted"

[Post New]by Pammie4u on Jun 1, 15 4:48 PM
crashes, uninstalled and re installed still crashes, on a mac apple

0x7fff81bfd000 - 0x7fff82407fe7 libBLAS.dylib 219.0.0 (compatibility 1.0.0) <2F26CDC7-DAE9-9ABE-6806-93BBBDA20DA0> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
0x7fff82408000 - 0x7fff82472fe7 libvMisc.dylib 268.0.1 (compatibility 1.0.0) <7BD7F19B-ACD4-186C-B42D-4DEBA6795628> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
0x7fff82473000 - 0x7fff82474ff7 com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit 1.6.7 (1.6.7) <49B723D1-85F8-F86C-2331-F586C56D68AF> /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
0x7fff82651000 - 0x7fff82712fef com.apple.ColorSync 4.6.8 (4.6.8) <7DF1D175-6451-51A2-DBBF-40FCA78C0D2C> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
0x7fff82757000 - 0x7fff827f1fff com.apple.ApplicationServices.ATS 275.19 (???) <2DE8987F-4563-4D8E-45C3-2F6F786E120D> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
0x7fff827f2000 - 0x7fff828d7fef com.apple.DesktopServices 1.5.11 (1.5.11) <39FAA3D2-6863-B5AB-AED9-92D878EA2438> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
0x7fff828d8000 - 0x7fff828d8ff7 com.apple.Cocoa 6.6 (???) <C69E895A-1C66-3DA9-5F63-8BE85DB9C4E1> /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa
0x7fff828e5000 - 0x7fff828fcfff com.apple.ImageCapture 6.1 (6.1) <

[Post New]by Pammie4u on Jun 1, 15 4:52 PM
i also bought the game, any chance of trading for something else or getting my 2 coins back???

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 2, 15 7:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here since players are experiencing issues with this particular game. I'm so sorry to hear about that.

GamerGirl 31, Monda 1908, Pashta, and lordofys, it may be helpful to look at the following help article for some troubleshooting hints regarding the issues you are experiencing:

joey67, I apologize that I'm unfamiliar with that error code message. It would be best to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

Lizzilla and Pammi4u, in regards to the save file error message and the question to trade this game, please contact our Customer Support Team. They are always willing to offer any troubleshooting steps they have as well as look into your account for you. I apologize that we don't have the tools here in the Forums that the support team does.

I hope this helps get everything up and running for the players. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by ferlachchristl on Jun 2, 15 9:48 AM
Hi,
I also had the problems with the inventory - it was sometimes stuck - going to the main menu and going back to the game solved this problem - but this isn´t ok. The same with the sparkles - I chose NO sparkles in the custom mode - but they appeared after some time. Going back to the custom mode and confirming again solved this problem too - but just for a few scenes. Then the sparkles appeared again...!!!
But the most interesting question is - what is the reward for the secret room. As I read the posts - there are some fishies who would like to know...
PLEASE contact Elefant Games for answers - it´s not our turn to do this. We all would like to know about this reward - as we purchased the CE we have the right to get all the extras including promised rewards (whatever they are - we don´t know...)

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 3, 15 7:03 AM
Hi ferlachchristl,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the inventory as well. The best thing to do would be to contact our Technical Support Team so that they can help keep track of the issues as well as report them to the appropriate team.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 3, 15 11:37 PM
I have finished the game. There were 2 places (the second hospital visit and the scene with the Inquisitor) where the inventory froze. Use the Hint, which opens the inventory (but doesn't activate it), and then go to Menu and back to the game. That will fix it.

Also, were you need to use "pliers" on the sofa - it's "clippers" you need to use. You will get them after you used the pliers on something else.

--- --- ---

I am surprised that these "problems" occurred with games from Elephant Games. Usually EG's games are glitch-free and the right words for objects are used. Perhaps they are working on too many games at the same time, or the team that worked on this game isn't up to par and needs to be replaced. LOL

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jun 8, 15 5:54 AM
Windows 7, count me in on the issue with the keys and inventory.

Mona1908
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Mona1908 on Jun 8, 15 9:07 PM
Thanks Big Fish for responding when I contacted tech support. They were helpful but having a game crash so far in, meaning I would have to start all over wasn't for me. If Elephant Games comes up with a patch, then maybe I will replay. I don't blame Big Fish Games, I think the developer should have addressed these similar issues that have been reported with a patch. I have been a member Club member for a number of years and never had this happen where a game crashed a number times, froze a number of times and then reset the profile. Again Big Fish Games was a class act so I thank you guys for always being responsive.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 9, 15 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here since players are experiencing issues with this particular game. Valdy and Micha1234, I'm sorry to hear that there are freezing issues as well as the issue with the keys and inventory. If you haven't already, it is recommended to check out the following help article:

If you are still seeing issues, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. This will help keep track of and report the issues you are experiencing. Our Support Team is also always willing to help troubleshoot.

Mona1908, thank you for posting your recent experience with the Support Team. I've gone ahead and passed it along and they are glad that they were able to help.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: