Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jun 2, 15 9:03 AM
Dear Moderator

Do I understand what has been said correctly, that there is not enough people buying games on line through BF that, that is the reason why no updates for AK?
I am with everyone on this that we want the Dev's to finish the game and not leave us hanging in the balance. I for one haven't bought any new games as I have close to 50 and I just figure that once you play them a couple times they aren't fun anymore.. but with AK I LOVE it... it was something to look forward to everyday.... I couldn't believe it when I read this am that there will not be any more updates... I for one am willing to spend money if that is what it takes for update(s)....please reconsider as all of us who are responding are dedicated and loyal gamers... please don't abandon us...
Thank you

west644
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by west644 on Jun 3, 15 12:16 PM
If it helps I will add my voice to the appeal to reconsider abandoning AW. I was one of those who played slowly and taking Free to Play at its face value I did not spend any money, BUT I would be prepared to pay to see this game continued, at least until there is some closure.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 4, 15 11:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and provide a little more clarification. It is inaccurate to assume that no updates for Awakening Kingdoms is the result of lack of purchases. The decision to no longer update Awakening Kingdoms was definitely a difficult one. It was also made outside of Customer Support and the Moderation team, so we don't have any extra information regarding it.

While we understand how players would like to see a type of finish to this game, this feedback has been passed along to the appropriate team within Big Fish Games.

We thank everyone for their support for Awakening Kingdoms and it still continues to offer hours of fun.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

sj1384_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sj1384_ on Jun 4, 15 4:04 PM
My only wish is that they would do one final update to give us closure. Allow us to reach the tower and save Shelsea. Even if we can't catch the bad guys, at least give this game an end. Closure would be fabulous after all of the ups and downs of this fabulous game.

[Post New]by erthgoddss on Jun 4, 15 7:29 PM
I completely agree with the above. Please reconsider!

shimmer66
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by shimmer66 on Jun 5, 15 8:06 PM
Ah ... yeah. I really hate that AK is going to stop continuing progress. It's the one game that I can really get into and never get bored of. I don't memorize it, either, and I was really looking forwards to the continuation of the storyline. It's really cool--enough that I was even prepared to spend months or even a year just doing the HOS waiting for a continuation of the quests.

If it ever becomes possible, I would really like--and I think my opinion would be shared by many other players--to know the reasons why development was stopped. Even if it was going to be slow, or if there was no promised date and only a "sometime, someway" for an update, I would still play the game. If it was because of programming issues, then I understand, but I also believe that humanity is very creative in fixing problems. If it was financial, then I, at least, would be glad to have an option where your so-many-dollars-a-month for a bigfish membership would go towards that game instead of receiving credits to buy games. In the end, wouldn't that be even more of a profit than the credit system works out to be?

I understand that there are a lot of issues to be considered when developing a game, and many of them are not things that can be revealed or explained easily to those not familiar with the process. But I hope that there can be at least more of an explanation as to why the world of AK is going to end its development.

stibitz
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by stibitz on Jun 5, 15 10:53 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that we have passed along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate team. As a moderation team we aren't privy to all the decision making that surrounds updates as well as the decision to no longer have updates in games. We definitely know that the announcement made was difficult news to hear and we thank you for your continued support.

As this game will remain on the site, you are more than welcome to continue playing it as the events surrounding pirate day and other holidays will continue to run.

Please note that this decision was not made casually. While we wish that we had more information for the players, this isn't accessible for the moderation team.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

When did AK get Pirate Day and other holiday events? [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 06/08/2015 at 8:25:27 AM PST

[Post New]by widerkehr on Jun 6, 15 6:39 AM
I too would like to see the game return. I have invested many hours and a significant amount of money in the game. It is one of the most interesting and absorbing games that are available. Please reconsider the decision to end the game or to at least wrap us the loose ends.

madrabbit
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by madrabbit on Jun 6, 15 7:47 AM
shimmer66 wrote:Ah ... yeah. I really hate that AK is going to stop continuing progress. It's the one game that I can really get into and never get bored of. I don't memorize it, either, and I was really looking forwards to the continuation of the storyline. It's really cool--enough that I was even prepared to spend months or even a year just doing the HOS waiting for a continuation of the quests.

If it ever becomes possible, I would really like--and I think my opinion would be shared by many other players--to know the reasons why development was stopped. Even if it was going to be slow, or if there was no promised date and only a "sometime, someway" for an update, I would still play the game. If it was because of programming issues, then I understand, but I also believe that humanity is very creative in fixing problems. If it was financial, then I, at least, would be glad to have an option where your so-many-dollars-a-month for a bigfish membership would go towards that game instead of receiving credits to buy games. In the end, wouldn't that be even more of a profit than the credit system works out to be?

I understand that there are a lot of issues to be considered when developing a game, and many of them are not things that can be revealed or explained easily to those not familiar with the process. But I hope that there can be at least more of an explanation as to why the world of AK is going to end its development.

I agree 100% with shimmer66 with the proposal to use our big fish game monthly donation towards AK or ( create new monthly premium just for AK)

Edited on 06/06/2015 at 7:48:14 AM PST

cabugg
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cabugg on Jun 6, 15 8:38 AM
I've spent many hours and months playing this game. I hate the fact there will be no more updates. Please my vote to reconsider this decision.

[Post New]by michmac on Jun 6, 15 9:25 AM
I agree, please continue this game.

[Post New]by Foolish46 on Jun 6, 15 10:56 AM
I too am sorry to see this game end. I have all the Awakening Kingdom games and was excited to see this FTP offered. I have played it for over a year and had hopes to continue playing. As several people have said, the graphics in this game are wonderful, the story line is great, the end is a big slap in the face. I would definitely like to see the conclusion of the story if that is at all possible. Please reconsider.
Pat

chivers1
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by chivers1 on Jun 6, 15 11:59 AM
Add my voice to all the other posts Have played all games in the Awakening series, loved them all and AK was the icing on the !!!. Looked forward to escaping after a hard day

[Post New]by Jacquelyn11 on Jun 7, 15 6:20 AM
I too would like to see an ending episode. It has been almost 6 months since the last update. If they had stopped working on this 6 months ago they should have fessed up then. Giving us and ending would satisfy most BF customers and restore some faith in BF and BZ.

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ahsten75 on Jun 7, 15 9:22 PM
What a disappointment!

Awakening Kingdoms is a lovely game with a very nice storyline. Even though we are saving the kingdom from the cloaked figure, it has an overall atmosphere of goodness, cooperation and charming innocence, making it a nice game for children too.

The abruptness of the decision (or at least letting us players know about it) and the lack of clear information as to why, has left a very bad impression. We were left hanging for unknown reasons.

This whole situation has left me wondering. Is BFG going to continue the trend of diabolical and/or supernatural beings kidnapping, killing and or possessing family members as seen in the games it has been selling in the past year? AK was a respite from all of that. And I will always wonder what happened to Shelsea the mermaid.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 8, 15 8:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and provide some clarification. As a moderation team we do appreciate everyone's support for the games Awakening Kingdoms and ART. The decision was made outside of the Moderation team and Customer Support. Please note that we have passed along this thread as well as multiple threads in both games to the appropriate team that works closely with the developers and the decisions surrounding it.

I do apologize if I had caused any frustration with regards to events of pirate day being in Awakening Kingdoms instead of ART. These are indeed in ART and not Awakening Kingdoms.

Once the Moderation teams gains any information surrounding Awakening Kingdoms, we will post in the Forums for all users. In the meantime, please keep in mind when posting the Forum Rules specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

You are welcome to PM any of the moderators with any additional questions or concerns.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by sofiamarie1172 on Jun 8, 15 1:27 PM
I have been patiently waiting for the update to learn there will be no update. No ending of the storyline. I am comparing this way CBS has decided to end CSI.. Take a great and beloved game and leave us hanging. I am for one doesn't like cliffhangers will no ending!!! Please Moderators stop recycling the same message over and over. You all have script you are following and I seriously doubt it being passed along to the developers. I would gladly pay for 19.95 to have the a chance to complete the storyline. So are you going to do this to Dark Manor also?

Twinmom007
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Twinmom007 on Jun 9, 15 9:11 AM
This is just very sad, and angering too. These two games have gone a long time without major updates, and now this announcement. I feel left hung out to dry, and ripped off. It was likely known for a while that these two games would not be receiving updates nor endings!

I was considering membership and further purchases, I have already invested a lot, as I enjoy the games. But now I don't think I will. This is like the 4th game I liked that has been axed. It seems a trend and a bad one for customers. I likely will not be getting involved in anymore BFG FTP games, for fear that my fun will just be smashed suddenly when it is no longer a profit making whale.

Overall I have seen poor customer service, slow updates, lack of information, and broken games. They need to wake up and take a look at the numbers, this treatment of customers, IS what is dropping your sales through the floor and it will only get worse. It seems that the developers have some great ideas, but when it gets into the hands of BFG and it comes to agreements and distribution and service, between the two parties, the ball is completely dropped. I don't see a good future for BFG, nor many partnerships with game developers, if this is how the distribution and service of the games goes. I am well aware that these things are the decision of both BFG and the game developers, but there seems a definite trend to us customers out here. With BFG being the final ball dropper.

I just don't see the reason to invest into something for years, only to have it suddenly taken away from me, and my invested time and money with it.

Customers are not blind, nor do we like being burned repeatedly, these games have many like them and are usually published and distributed by more than one source.

Feel free to delete or lock my post but I will be off on my adventure to find a better service provider, and I will be encouraging my friends and family to do so as well.

TLDR: These game partnerships may be difficult at times, and many not have a high profit margin, but you will end up with no profit margin eventually, if this is how you run your business. Consider at least the good will, customer friendly concept of supplying a goodbye farewell, wrap-up game content patch, before you so rudely rip away something we have had fun with for years. Every good thing has to end some time, but it doesn't have to end like a car wreck. Today's customer expects a certain level of information and service and care.

Twinmom007
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Twinmom007 on Jun 9, 15 9:21 AM
Forgive me for sounding so angered, but this is the 4th enjoyed title that has abruptly been discontinued due to blabla reason. This game and ART are well loved by many, and this game is one of the best of it's type. I would like some sort of reassurance that this won't just keep happening to my favorite games. We don't even get an ending. Out here it looks as if BFG isn't doing so well, and like we may lose all our ftp games at some point.

I would like and ending to both games, and even possibly some credits toward another similar title, to replace the fun that I no longer have in AK and ART. I have enjoyed opening up my BFG game manager in the morning and strolling through my FTP game collection, it is a good model, but some customer friendly things will have to happen, or people like me will get discouraged and turn away and go to other game sources.

My Game Manager collection is shrinking.

Edited on 06/09/2015 at 9:25:59 AM PST

DanVa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by DanVa on Jun 9, 15 1:46 PM
Just adding my name to the list. BUT, everyone should know that this game will never be finished. BF doesn't give a FRA about its players. And some moderator saying this wasn't about money must truly be delusional. EVERYTHING these days is about money, otherwise, why is BF in business?

Go to: