reviews for game

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:reviews for game

[Post New]by 9otters on May 30, 15 9:52 PM
abarrett said,

I think that I have even seen someone not like or recommend the game on the main page and still give it a 5 star review.

Yes! What the heck is up with that? I think I understand why some people review, but don't leave a recommendation either way. But, to nay-say a game and then give it five stars? I'm completely flummoxed.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 2, 15 11:45 PM
Yup, none of this really makes sense to me anymore ever since we lost (apparently) our consistent reviewers. Missing you "Just the Facts", "Nilosh", "Valdy" (although I do you see you chime in from time to time ) and a slew of others that I always enjoyed. These forums are not just for us to review but, more importantly to me, a way to help any of us who have lost our way in a game. Then again, with the simpleton-ness (I just invented a word there) of these recent CE's, it's rather hard to get lost. Would some developer please bring back the wonderfulness of Drawn, or Violett, or "City of Fools", or anything else challenging??!!!! Please don't abandon us PC users!!! We EXIST!!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jun 3, 15 1:53 AM
kgustavson said,

Would some developer please bring back the wonderfulness of Drawn, or Violett, or "City of Fools", or anything else challenging??!!!! Please don't abandon us PC users!!! We EXIST!!

GREAT games, one and all!

Yes! We EXIST, and this is where I choose to spend my entertainment dollar! But NOT if I continue to find SO little entertainment. Is it no longer true that acquiring a NEW customer is mondo costly compared to keeping a CURRENT customer?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I read somewhere that there will be a CITY OF FOOLS 2! It would be an INSTANT buy for me!

I would also grab up a game that was totally complex, multi-level puzzles. Two or three here and there just doesn't feed my NEED. LOL.

Edited on 06/03/2015 at 3:12:23 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 3, 15 1:08 PM

I read somewhere that there will be a CITY OF FOOLS 2! It would be an INSTANT buy for me!

I would also grab up a game that was totally complex, multi-level puzzles. Two or three here and there just doesn't feed my NEED. LOL.

That would be awesome!!!

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Jun 4, 15 8:44 AM
I'm not a prolific reviewer but occasionally add my twopenn'orth on the main site. I do wonder if it might be an idea to have a "scoring only" system on the main site which would encourage people to rate the game at least. Any additional more detailed information could be obtained via these forums. I hope to goodness they're not on the way out; there have been quite a few occasions when I would have been lost without the guidance I get on here when the SG proves less than useful.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 4, 15 1:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here since players are concerned with reviews for the games on our Big Fish Games site as well as in the Forums. As a moderation team we try our best to ensure that reviews posted are within the review guidelines. I apologize if there has been some frustration within the reviews threads. We definitely don't want players to not feel comfortable to place a review. If you feel that you are being criticized for your reviews, we do ask that you reach out to any of us on the Moderation team.

While we do recommend for players to PM other users if there is concern with a review post, the Forum Rules also apply to PM's. It is definitely understandable that not everyone will have the same views on our games. This is one of the reasons that the reviews threads within the Forums are a great source of information. We ask that reviews be constructive and help other players who are possibly on the fence to purchase a game.

The acquisition by Church Hill Downs does not change the quantity of games that we bring to Big Fish Games fans. This also doesn't change how we will continue to engage with our customers. They appreciate the games business that we have built to date and wish to see it remain intact and grow in the future.

With the concern in regards to reviews posted within a few hour time frame, we thank you for bringing this to our attention. When the reviews are approved, sometimes it takes a little time for the server to see the updated changes. If you ever have a concern in regards to your review on the site, you are more than welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team.

Please also keep in mind when posting, the Forum Rules specifically,
Post only original material. Posts that contain song lyrics, movie quotes, television quotes, book quotes, or other copyrighted material will be removed to comply with U.S. copyright law.

If you are unsure if a post or review adheres to the Forum Rules, please reach out to any of the moderators. I hope this helps clear up any confusion. As this thread isn't entirely related to this particular game, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any further questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: