Re:Welcome to Margrave Manor 2: Lost Ship forum

[Post New]by ladytrucker55 on Jun 27, 09 11:59 AM
smillard wrote:I am also having issues, can't get pass the ship in the water. I am going to email tech support.

Please let us know what they tell you as I too am having the same problem and running vist and ie8.

Edited on 06/27/2009 at 12:03:30 PM PST

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jun 27, 09 12:47 PM
over in gamezebo there are people using vista and IE8 and playing the game. I would like 2 know why it won't work on my computer I have vista and IE8

[Post New]by ladybolt on Jun 27, 09 1:00 PM
I have Vista and am getting a DLL error and can not open the game. I also had issues with the Enlightenus, when it opened it changed the resolution of my computer but when the game opened it did so in the bottom right of my screen and I could not get to the options to try to get it fixed... anyone else having issues lately with trial downloads?

[Post New]by ladytrucker55 on Jun 27, 09 1:54 PM
ladybolt wrote:I have Vista and am getting a DLL error and can not open the game. I also had issues with the Enlightenus, when it opened it changed the resolution of my computer but when the game opened it did so in the bottom right of my screen and I could not get to the options to try to get it fixed... anyone else having issues lately with trial downloads?

yeppers I could not play the trial of Enlightenus either.

[Post New]by ladybolt on Jun 27, 09 2:13 PM
I have emailed technical support, will let you all know what I get back. Please post any fixes for either issue if you get them? I am interested in playing both games

As I stated, I emailed tech support, they sent me Dr Felix ( a diagnostic tool) and I was told to update my driver and update the Microsoft .NET framework 3.5. I did as requested and am having no issues at all with Margrave, as well, this corrected the issue I was having with Enlightenus as well.

Edited on 06/29/2009 at 7:59:37 PM PST

[Post New]by purpleladyljr on Jun 27, 09 2:43 PM
I've had no problems with the game. I love it! The graphics are much better than the first game, if I remember correctly.

[Post New]by ladynammy on Jun 27, 09 3:07 PM
Is it me - or the game.....It is the slowest moving thing ever. Looong pauses between scenes & had to hit escape to get screens to move.....

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Jun 27, 09 3:14 PM
ladynammy, it's not just you...at first all I got was a black screen so I uninstalled/deleted and then re-downloaded and installed again. Once if finished...I got the black screen and then just when I figured it still wasn't working the BF screen came up.

But while playing the game it seemed to take forever for the next screen to pop up and also for the two characters to speak and reply. I got so tired of the slowness I stopped playing after 15 mins. Don't know yet if I'm going to try again or just trash it.

From what I've seen of the game though...I think it may be just a tad too easy for my tastes but I really haven't played enough to be sure yet.

Also just to be clear, I'm not having lagging mouse issues...or slow moving objects once they are found. Just a black screen after each room while the next one loads...slowly. And once the two characters are on screen it takes a bit for them to talk.
I don't think is a tech. problem though...think it's just the way the game is.
Shame too, I couldn't play the first Margrave because of a laggin mouse.

[Post New]by BigskyDawn on Jun 27, 09 5:21 PM
Hi bfgFlounder and everyone, I am also having terrible problems with the trial download of MM2, and I have XP and my video card and DirectX are current. It gives me the music but no pictures...some white blocks on a black background with some little sparklies here and there. I'm glad it happened on the trial rather than the purchase. It sounds like almost everyone is having problems with it. Maybe tech support can help when they come in on Monday...I sure hope so.

kahlil101
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
27,240 Posts

[Post New]by kahlil101 on Jun 27, 09 6:41 PM
Running Vista with no problems.
Nice storyline and graphics.

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Jun 27, 09 7:17 PM
Margrave and Enlightenus running fine with Vista and IE7.I downloaded IE8 and had trouble with my BG games so I went back to IE7.

Dibur46
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Dibur46 on Jun 27, 09 10:47 PM
hi everybody... I just finished playing the one hr demo for this game and I really DID enjoy it, however, I ran into some glitches like other members have... I have XP and normally I don't have any problem playing games on it.. but this time the cursor kept shaking and flashing during the WHOLE time I played!! I don't change my resolution for any of the games.. it is always the same.. but that flashing nearly drove me nuts!! (Well, I MIGHT already BE nuts!!) I also had the screen just black out on me and because it lasted up to about 45 seconds to a minute each time, I began to wonder if that was the way the game was designed, or there was a problem with it.. of course I read the comments in the forum AFTER the hr was up and found others have had the blackouts too.
I don't want to buy it if it's going to be doing that thru the game... does anyone know if there is an updated model coming out soon? Or do I just have to have an "oh well" moment?
Thanks!!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jun 28, 09 1:34 AM
Everybody, if you are having technical issues with the game, please, please, please contact Tech Support so they see how many of us are having issues and can start gathering info about our systems so that maybe a patch can happen. The more they hear the better chance that has.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 28, 09 4:59 AM
I just played the 1 hour demo and had no problems with anything.

I have Vista, 32 bit, IE 7.

I recently took my PC to the geek squad and had a tune up + I bought a new & upgraded $65 video card. Ever since I upgraded my video card (bought it - no download updates), most of my games are running much better. I went from a NVIDIA 7100 to a NVIDIA GeForce 8400.

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Jun 28, 09 6:14 AM
The game loaded ok for me, but I found the timing between the shots very slow. I also got a black screen in between (going from room to room).

I would like to buy the game, but I think I will wait a bit. Maybe it will be sorted.

Another good game BFG

For the Techies, I have windows XP service pack 3

Edited on 06/28/2009 at 6:17:27 AM PST

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Jun 28, 09 6:59 AM
I had no problems whatsoever running the trial. I have XP multimedia edition with service pack 3.

HOWEVER: I uninstalled the game after the trial period. The reason? I can honestly say that this is the most boring HOG game I ever trialed. I literally was yawning after 1/2 an hour and it was all I could do to finish the other 1/2 hour to give it a fair shot.

There is no challenge at all all in this game. The objects in this game are way too large and easy to find with an exception of one or two here and there. The problem is that they are the same two and all you have to do is look at the characteristics of those objects. Then you have no problem finding them. The puzzles also are extremely **** hum.

Maybe I was spoiled by the first HOG I ever played (Magicians Handbook), I think, and by the Mystery case files. The fact is that I have well over 30 hidden object games on my computer, and have purchased more than that, only to be disappointed by the brevity of them or something else that could not be determined within an hour.

I'm not even willing to give this game a 6.99 shot. It is that bad. I now find myself doing a lot of beta testing for games for a couple of companies before they even get here.

Right now, I think Dream Sleuth and even more so Enlightenus are the only two games I've seen offered here that are worth much at all in the past couple of months.

For those that like a challenge comparable to the MCF games by big fish. Look for Magician's Handbook II :BlackLore when it comes here!!

JMOHO.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 28, 09 7:40 AM
I'm pretty picky and I didn't think this game was that bad and it ran perfect on my PC. Certainly not even close to best I've played, but far better then a lot of others. I didn't buy Magicians Handbook because the graphic quality was so bad. Dream Sleuth was crossed off 1st on my list of 12 possible games to buy for the promo. It was too boring & silly for me. A huge let down from Mushroom Age.

I beta test games all the time from several different developers and the last one I played is a winner..... Ghost Chronicals.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

These are my opinions as given to me by my cats.

Edited on 06/28/2009 at 7:46:50 AM PST

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jun 28, 09 8:20 AM
I have updated video card and can play all new games except this 1 screen looks split in half, anyone else with this problem.

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Jun 28, 09 8:41 AM
Yes, There are different strokes for different folks. I must say though that this is the first I've ever seen a complaint about the "graphic quality" of BlackLore. Yes, there are games that are better, but it is on par with MCF games and better than Margrave. I happen to like harder MOGs the best. There are a couple of easier ones I like because they are a bit more unique and cleverer than the the average easy MOG. I put The Mushroom Age, Dream Sleuth, and even Big Brain Wolf in that category, as well as the Azada series "adventure games." I view all of them as nice diversions. I'll be sure to check out Ghost Chronicals when I can.

JMOHO.

( & agreed upon with my husband, dogs, cats, chickens, sheep, and llama.)

Edited on 06/28/2009 at 8:45:22 AM PST

[Post New]by cindyebrennecke on Jun 28, 09 12:06 PM
Hi Everyone!
Since it's 101*F. here in Texas, I thought I'd try the demo for this game. I too had the long wait between scenes, especially in the very beginning, but the biggest problem I had, was once I got to the point where I picked the different rooms, the screen seemed distorted. It was if someone took slices out of the scenes all over the place and just slid them over, just enough that it distorted the object. This probably only makes sense to me because I don't know how else to describe it! I really liked the 1st. edition and think I might enjoy this one, but I couldn't get used to the distortions so I just uninstalled it. I'll keep checking the forums and see what tech says before I even think of buying it!
Stay cool fishies!!

Go to: