Jon_C
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:500,000 coral.....HELP! Anyone?!

[Post New]by Jon_C on Jul 2, 09 2:49 PM
Great! I am glad I could help you guys and give tips to make it POSSIBLE to beat this tough level on expert time.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jul 2, 09 3:30 PM
Jon_C wrote:Great! I am glad I could help you guys and give tips to make it POSSIBLE to beat this tough level on expert time.

I used your suggestion. I have gold on every level but 27. I got closer doing it my own way than yours. I wasn't even close to getting expert your way. Nor did I have half the coral needed. I'm sorry, I don't know what I did differently than you did? I followed your directions exactly.

All three times I did it I just passed my expert and got it. I build 4 jewelry stores. Only the school and coral shop. Do the frenzy upgrade purchase about 20 sharks, build the 4 houses inspect them and then delete it and build a garden. The rest of the spaces I put gardens and upgrade to 3 stars. What irks me is it always says when I finally get ready to click on that last coral that I have over 1 minute for expert, but it says at like 1:30 you have lost your chance. So twice I thought I had it and during the coral delivery it said you have lost your chance with 1:30 left on the timer. It was 2:30 on level 35 so I had to move quick to get gold there, once I realized it was doing it then. There same thing except I put my coral shop in the top left corner so it doesn't effect the houses. I build my school and filtration by three fin shops right next to it not to effect houses. Once I have my 100,000 rent, I quit upgrading the homes and just inspect them. Make sure they're all at 10. Once they're all inspected I deleted the school and built a garden. I delete the filtration and build another fin shop. Then ignore all sales, etc and just sit there repeatedly clicking on buy coral. Took 6 times and I just got it to 2:45. 15 seconds to spare. I'll keep trying on 27.

Jon_C
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Jon_C on Jul 2, 09 3:42 PM
The important thing is to multi-task at all times. There should not be a time when you are waiting for something to happen. While buildings are being built, you need to be collecting your Coral from your Gardens and Raising your income through your commercial properties all at the same time. It's also a good idea to do any cleaning while you are purchasing things.

For me, this level is by far the hardest but not impossible. A few people have achieved it and I'm sure if you keep trying you will too.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

rayck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by rayck on Jul 2, 09 6:38 PM
Finally I get the lv27 with golden time , i take a screen shot and keep it as record
What I did is very similar as Jon's suggestion
But I only had one jewelry shop and one hardware shop( and one academy) .
At the end of level I had 9 garden ,4 mansion, I focus on the garden first and just use commercial building provide me income.

I had 20 second left to beat the golden time.

[Post New]by CFlanary on Jul 2, 09 9:00 PM
ARGH!!! I must be an idiot because I just cannot get expert on this level. I have followed all tips and just can't seem to do it. I give up.

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Jul 4, 09 1:31 PM
To Jon C:

I copied your instructions for this level several days ago. I think I have over 20 hours in trying to beat it...I have gold on all levels but this one! ARGH!

Anyway did you buy lots of sharks to help you build along the way? I know you started out buying two sharks...but then did you just use the 'friends' option or keep augmenting. Adding speeds things up but costs money; friends saves money to buy coral but slows down everything else.

I have made the 100K in coral almost every time after using your instructions.
I generally have a minimum of 6 three star gardens.

Another question; did you just wait to buy and convert existing houses to mansions or did you build them on the empty lots you purchased? If so, did you ever bother to buy the other properties (for income?).

I am always about 300K short at the end of each game.

I also noticed it cuts off at one minute. Does it do that to everyone? I know what it is going to do now, so I plan for it; but it does throw me. Seems like an odd way to keep time.

Thanks so much Jon.

rayck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by rayck on Jul 4, 09 6:52 PM
I think 6 garden is not enough

Lv27 has 18 lots, at the end i beat the level I had 9 Gardens ,4 mansion, one Coral depot, one filtration center , one Academy, one Jewelery stop and one hardware shop.

4 Mansion + 2 comercial building with Academy can provide you enough income to keep purchasing Corals.
For me, i had 20 sharks and keep the clam below 150k, I kept the Hardware shop for the time you need buy the small building and replace them as gardens.

Once all your Mansions inspected you can demolish the school to replace as gardens too.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Jul 5, 09 2:47 PM
Oh my Gosh! So...I finally got it after about 40 tries using Jon's advice. Barely made it with NO time to spare. I agree..do the Academy right away, and I had two jewelry stores not just one, plus the hardware store. I didn't focus on the houses immediately, but I did get the four upgraded pretty fast as that also helps coral production.

I do think the timing on this one section however is a glitch - especially when compared to the other levels.

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Jul 5, 09 4:27 PM
Norma and Rayck thanks! You give me hope! I am STILL working on this one.
I will try more gardens, and the other advice you both gave. Really appreciate it!

rayck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by rayck on Jul 5, 09 8:35 PM
I think maybe they will give more time for the patch .
But if think about for the challenge side, it is not a bad thing.
It is beatable and fun level and only for the first round player like us.

Aquapolis already dont have real time limit, If all the level are just too easy to beat the golden time.
It will lost a lots of replay value.
At least so far I feel this game very worth my credit

Hope you guys also enjoy the "special" challenge level and the game

Jacqwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jacqwa on Jul 6, 09 10:09 PM
I'm like many of you - spent hours on level 27 - finally mastered 35 - but assumed glitch in game on 27 - especially since the instructions at the beginning call for 5, 000 coral - which didn't seem right as had to get more than that early on - so, I thought maybe 50,000 - have tried for hours and hours - but reading thru Jon C. will try his strategy - I just can't believe it could be THIS Difficult, considering other levels were challenging but not ridiculous!!!!

Jacqwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jacqwa on Jul 6, 09 10:11 PM
I'm like many of you - spent hours on level 27 - finally mastered 35 - but assumed glitch in game on 27 - especially since the instructions at the beginning call for 5, 000 coral - which didn't seem right as had to get more than that early on - so, I thought maybe 50,000 - have tried for hours and hours - but reading thru Jon C. will try his strategy - I just can't believe it could be THIS Difficult, considering other levels were challenging but not ridiculous!!!!

rayck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by rayck on Jul 8, 09 10:26 AM
I agree , if compare other levels
Lv27 is the MOST Difficultly one.
But at least many of us prove that it is beatable, I think bigfish will release some patch to extend the golden time for this level soon.

[Post New]by casualcraze on Jul 8, 09 2:16 PM
Hi guys
I read that bigfish had released a patch for the game. so i downloaded it and they had fixed the time issue that some people were experiencing with level 27 where the timer would stop at 60 seconds. now the timer gets to 60 seconds and continues to count down to zero. to get the new build just uninstall the current build you have and download the game again from bigfish.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 8, 09 3:47 PM
I just posted an announcement in two other threads, but I thought I would re-post it here as well. Big Fish Games has not published any updates to this game. Currently, there is no new version of Aquapolis available for download. We are very sorry for any confusion. We are working with the developer of the game to get a new version of the game, but this new version isn't quite ready yet. A moderator will post an announcement in this forum as soon as the new version is available for download.

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Jul 8, 09 4:39 PM
I FINALLY beat this level!!!! But hear this.

I bought the game on 6/29. Today I uninstalled and reinstalled it. When I went to play this level I had TEN minutes! And the timer was working.

Previously I had 8 minutes and the game clock stopped at 1 minute (so really only 7).

You KNOW I beat this level with time to spare after ALL the tries previously! It even seemed slow with the extra time.

So whether or not there is a patch or ???? uninstalling and reinstalling the game made a difference.

Whew....I was starting to believe I was hopeless!

Someone mentioned extra levels after getting all GOLD. I now have all GOLD but no extra levels????

Thanks to everyone who coached me thru this!

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Jul 8, 09 4:44 PM
Sorry guys...I see now you go to the screen with the keys and there are the bonus levels. Found em!

Karisima
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Karisima on Jul 8, 09 6:07 PM
Signe28 wrote:I FINALLY beat this level!!!! But hear this.

I bought the game on 6/29. Today I uninstalled and reinstalled it. When I went to play this level I had TEN minutes! And the timer was working.

Previously I had 8 minutes and the game clock stopped at 1 minute (so really only 7).

You KNOW I beat this level with time to spare after ALL the tries previously! It even seemed slow with the extra time.

So whether or not there is a patch or ???? uninstalling and reinstalling the game made a difference.

Whew....I was starting to believe I was hopeless!

Someone mentioned extra levels after getting all GOLD. I now have all GOLD but no extra levels????

Thanks to everyone who coached me thru this!

HEY EVERYBODY

EXACTLY TO ALL THE PEOBLE - IT ONLY DEPEND WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE GAME, I COULD NOT DO IT BEFORE AFTER ABOUT 50 TRIALS SO I JUST UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL IT AND IT GIVE YOU 11 MINUTES SO I DID IT THE FIRST TIME

SO IT EXPLAIN WHY SOME PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO AND SOME WERE NOT

MYSTERY IS SOLVE !!!!!!

[Post New]by casualcraze on Jul 8, 09 6:23 PM
yeah. you're right. just uninstall the game and download it again and install the new one that you just downloaded and you'll see that they've changed it

[Post New]by ninanlch on Jul 8, 09 8:38 PM
This is how I got through with about a minute to spare. I started by building a School and a Prawn Shop at the same time. I then cleared the coral to get coral, and built the hardware store. I then demolished the shacks to get gold, and started building my mansions and gardens, upgrading the mansions to 3 stars and only adding the filter and gate if the cleanliness total was less than needed. I built/bought only 4 mansions, upgraded to 3 stars each. I quickly upgraded the gardens too, and built the Coral Shop and the Filter building after I had built my first mansion and garden. I also built a Fin Shop as you need the money from the shops to keep buying coral. I then bought all the remaining houses, destroyed them to get gold from the hardware store, and rebuilt gardens instead, upgrading them to 3 stars. I bought about 18 sharks total too to make it go faster. And anytime I had nothing to do as something was being built, I bought coral. Hope this helps!

Go to: