Hi All from the developer

diannb
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Hi All from the developer

[Post New]by diannb on Jun 30, 09 6:50 PM
Hi Bryce,

All I can say is WOW! I bought the game before I finished the demo. The puzzles are beyond challenging and Ive opted to skp more than one (I'll figure them out next time!). I really love how challenging everything is and the creativity involved. Major kudos!\\

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Jun 30, 09 6:57 PM
You're very welcome scotcat..I'm glad you can play now..I know I'm relieved...LOL..

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jun 30, 09 7:09 PM
I hate to be the first person with negitive feedback, but here it goes. The items are so small, and the graphics are very blurry. Sorry but I will not be buying this one. I do however have the first one and still enjoy playing it.

johndaytrader
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by johndaytrader on Jun 30, 09 7:13 PM
I love the game. Demo'ed it elsewhere and am waiting for it to be offered to non club members on BFG's site. I found the first game excellent but very hard cause the objects were small. I did not find that with the demo for this one. I have an old Radeon 1600 video card and have had absolutely no problems.

Thank you very much for popping in.

Joie

[Post New]by santiquebabe on Jun 30, 09 7:14 PM
I posted a question in the topic on the bells but no one has been there for a while ... so here goes: I have found the bells, hung them, played the tune, blew the bells with the wind to see what note they are but they won't solve the puzz because they ring the bell three times & the tip says it needs to ring one note. I tried to play it really fast to see if I could beat the rings but NO! So any help on how to ring only once???
I tried to only nick the bell with the wind but that didn't work either :

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Jun 30, 09 7:15 PM
Hi Bryce,
I bought your game today. It is fun to play, but I do have one thing that makes it harder for me and others who may be "sight challenged": If at all possible....for your next games....can you please make the objects larger. It would make is so much easier for me and others to play. Thanks,

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 30, 09 7:24 PM
Thank you Bryce for posting! I am always happy to see the Devs get involved in the game forums, I really do appreciate that.

I am sorry to say that this game is not for me. I am a big HOG fan and own many of these games. I am 59 and do have some visual limitations. I also have a 17" flat screen monitor. I am sorry to say that I just cannot see the objects in this game very well. Most of them are just way too small for me (I do wear bifocals). Of course, I could use a magnifying glass but there is no fun in that, it is mostly an annoyance. Yes, I do have one by my Monitor. Maybe next time you could include a magnifying glass in the game. Other Devs have done this. I don't think it takes anything away from the game and it gives people like me a chance to enjoy an otherwise possibly fun and beautiful game.

Thank you and I wish you the best!

tasha47
Flounder
Flounder
2,256 Posts

[Post New]by tasha47 on Jun 30, 09 8:22 PM
Hi Bryce, I must say I bought this game after about 5 minutes of play. I'm really impressed you are a 1 man team. LOL.

m_j619
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by m_j619 on Jun 30, 09 10:22 PM
Hi Bryce,

Thanks for stopping by to chat with us! Congratulations on a VERY challenging game. You are quite talented and I am looking forward to your next creation, although this one will certainly keep me busy for awhile!
Thanks for bringing it to BF. Hope it sells like hotcakes so we can see more from you!

Best Regards,

MJ

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 30, 09 10:44 PM
Bryce, congrats on a great game. And thanks for taking the time to ask us for our input!! Kudos!!

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Jul 1, 09 12:26 AM
I like the game - it's the first one that i've bought in a long time.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 1, 09 1:26 AM
Thank you Bryce for a great game. Some of the items are really small and hard to find but I think it makes the game more challenging and lasts longer. Love the graphics

Edited on 07/01/2009 at 1:34:51 AM PST

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jul 1, 09 1:33 AM
I'm one of the few one person dev studios still out there ).

Hi Bryce,
I am impressed SO the question is, how fast can you work? As you see from all the comments, we would like a new game from you ASAP.
Thanks for visiting

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Jul 1, 09 1:45 AM
I really like this game! I have the first one too but I think this is even better . It´s rather hard and I just have to find all the keys (of course I play with no timer ) I´m impressed that you did this all by yourself! Kudos to you

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jul 1, 09 3:46 AM
Might of bought this game if the graphics were clearer ... Shame cos it's a good game ..

Do the developers cheat by using this blurry method of hiding objects, or do you think the graphics should be clearer and the developers must work harder to hide the objects !!!

Lou

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jul 1, 09 6:46 AM
I'm in the middle of your game and am throughly enjoying it. I just finished Handbook I, and find Handbook II a big leap forward.
Thank You. I'm looking forward to Magician's Handbok III.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 1, 09 9:45 AM
I too bought both games.......the first one I haven't finished because of the timer, but the second one is good, but not when I am tired, lol. Some of the items are so tiny, those keys, ie, but I know that I love the challenge when I am feeling good and relaxed, lol.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jul 1, 09 10:35 AM
keltica wrote:Might of bought this game if the graphics were clearer ... Shame cos it's a good game ..

Do the developers cheat by using this blurry method of hiding objects, or do you think the graphics should be clearer and the developers must work harder to hide the objects !!!

Lou

Sorry yours aren't clear. They are very clear on my screen, although some things are small and appear far away. Also, the objects are extremely well hidden.

No, I don't believe the majority of developers and probably not any of them "cheat" by using blurry graphics to hide objects. I've seen comments on here about very clear graphics in this game and also comments about fuzzy graphics. Because there are many reports of both, I think the graphics themselves as originally developed are very clear, but depending on users graphics cards/display drivers, they may appear blurry to some users. It is very clear to me that this developer has put hours upon hours into producing both of these games, and also a LOT of care to make to sure it will be a great game...which it is! I will definitely be getting it as soon as I can manage to do so!

GREAT job Bryce!!! And thanks for coming by the forums to check things out with us. That means a LOT!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jul 1, 09 10:59 AM
I am enjoying Magician Handbook II just as much, if not more, than Magician's Handbook I. Thank you for two great games!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jul 1, 09 11:35 AM
venusshines2000 wrote:Hi All..Just a little update..I went ahead and switched my screen resolution to 1024x768 which fixed the pixel problem..and I forgot that I had to do this with Enlightenus as well. Even though my screen calls for 1440x900, I switched it and after I finished playing I switched it back. Dont know if this will help, but it did help me.

Thank you, I can't believe I didn't even think of resizing my screen doh. Only way I got it to fix was playing in a minimize window which was still sort of blurry and that was making it impossible to find those tiny objects. I kept thinking I loved the first game why is this one so pixelated...then I thought must be my new PC. More like user error.

Go to: