bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 24, 15 12:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here since players are having issues with this particular game. I'm so sorry to hear about this and I know how frustrating this can be. I'm going to do my best to address the posts in this thread.

LarkBea, thank you for letting other players know what troubleshooting steps have worked for you. If any other players are experiencing the access violation error message, it may be helpful to look at the following help article:

Access Violation

In regards to this game shutting down, I'm going to include a help article that has hints that may be helpful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

handyfr, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report in regard to error message 1404. They can help look into this for you.

For other players that are experiencing error messages, please refer to the following help article:

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App

I hope this helps! If you are still having issues, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can!

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Hidden Sins Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Raven296566 on Jun 28, 15 3:50 PM
I played the main game but a link for the bonus game never came up. I can't figure out how to access it. I went back to play but all it did was start the game over.

[Post New]by sophiaq on Jul 3, 15 9:59 AM
"Extras" does not show bonus game

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Jul 19, 15 7:34 AM
Extinguished fireplace fire, retrieved the eel, game totally froze. No error messages, no ability to use ALT + Tab to exit...had to hold down my power button and shut whole laptop down to get out of the game.

Returned to game (fire was burning again). Extinguished fire, took eel, went to another location, game totally froze again. Rinse, repeat.

I always play in Administrator mode. Nothing else was running. Using Windows 7. None of the 'try these first' suggestions helped.

Very unhappy that this is the second game in a month or so that hasn't worked (but I will say the other game was more than 3 or 4 years old and probably couldn't work with all the newer platform revisions). With all the complaints about this issue, I would have thought there would be an announcement of a fix in the works...

[Post New]by daddiesgirl1 on Jul 22, 15 9:49 PM
I am too quite frustrated with this game, have been with these people for years, no problems, got a new laptop computer and had so many games go hairwire I decided to stop buying games, there is also the windows 8 which I hate, my hidden sins as be quite a problem, I did write and was lucky enough to get a free new game, this was the one I decided to play, every time I try to play, the game freezes up on me, I can get out of the game and after downloading again it will play for a little while then the freeze up comes once more, it is getting a real toil of a pleasure trying to play the game. Please do try to help.

[Post New]by Booreen on Jul 25, 15 3:14 AM
I was playing the Trial, a few minutes in when I started using that detector gizmo (round thing to detect secrets)....and the whole game froze. I thought the trial ended but not so. I had to restart my computer. Some error message. I wasn't running anything in the background, nothing that ever stopped me from playing many Big Fish game trials in the past week. Seems I'm not alone.

4red3s
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by 4red3s on Sep 2, 15 12:37 PM
I have installed and uninstalled this game 6 times. I have rebooted my computer after each action. It timed out with the activation and said I have to purchase a game that I already purchased. When the activation is successful, and I click play, the game simply stops at the first continue.

I had actually been playing for a while with the first installation than it just hung about chapter 2 or 3. I had to make it go away by using windows task manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I actually almost had a successful re-install at number 4 but it only let me play for about 5 minutes.

I am tired of dealing with this and want my two credits back. I purchased this game on 25 August 2015.

[Post New]by daddiesgirl1 on Sep 2, 15 7:28 PM
daddiesgirl1 wrote:I am too quite frustrated with this game, have been with these people for years, no problems, got a new laptop computer and had so many games go hairwire I decided to stop buying games, there is also the windows 8 which I hate, my hidden sins as be quite a problem, I did write and was lucky enough to get a free new game, this was the one I decided to play, every time I try to play, the game freezes up on me, I can get out of the game and after downloading again it will play for a little while then the freeze up comes once more, it is getting a real toil of a pleasure trying to play the game. Please do try to help.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 3, 15 3:02 PM
Hi 4red3s and daddiesgirl1,

I'm sorry to see that there's been some trouble with this game. If the game is freezing, we recommend the steps from the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If there's trouble with activating purchased games, then, this help article may be useful:

Purchased Game is Still in Trial Mode

If that doesn't help, do contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are also able to help with a replacement game if needed.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: