ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

Re:Lost Fortunes - What do you think?

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Jul 5, 09 7:21 PM
Liked the first of the game but my cursor got stuck and almost crashes the game? Wonder if they will have a fix for us Vista users?

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 5, 09 7:22 PM
it was different but i got bored with it did not even finish the demo but did free 1 spirit to see what would happen may try it again at another time as my tastes change often

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Jul 6, 09 1:30 AM
As I said earlier in this thread, it runs ok for me and I bought it, I am also on Vista 32 bit. Very strange

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Jul 6, 09 2:25 AM
Tried this; but had problem with cursor; slowed down and wandered. The games were OK but the bing each time I clicked would have driven me mad unless the sound was turned off.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jul 6, 09 12:15 PM
Hi all,

Now that this game has a forum of its own, I'm just popping in to move this thread.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Imdamamma
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Imdamamma on Jul 7, 09 6:28 PM
As mention by some this is a good brain training game. I like it. Got to keep the old brain working LOL.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Jul 9, 09 9:15 PM
I enjoyed this one, and surprisingly it worked fine on my antiquated and graphics-handicapped laptop.

A few quibbles:

I'd like to be able to click through the confetti without waiting 30 seconds for it to disappear on its own.

Having to click through two screens (stats and start of next puzzle) after each short game broke up the game too much. I like a game that flows a bit more seamlessly.

Sparkles. What is it with sparkles? These are beginning to show up in nearly every game recently, and they really tax graphics cards, all for no good reason. Lose the sparkles and more people will have less trouble playing these games!

Other than these things, I like the different puzzles and varied gameplay here. A bit of a different take on the genre without being a total departure.

rainroosty
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rainroosty on Jul 10, 09 9:10 AM
A fun game, nice and very different, sometimes very easy, sometimes not so easy - colorful graphics (love the sparkles, too!), good sounds....runs perfectly on our XP. We'll buy it!

[Post New]by pars27 on Jul 12, 09 1:22 AM
Not good. Got to the "click here" for the pirate and the game hung up. Happened each time.

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Jul 12, 09 5:08 AM
princesschaos1st wrote:not for me, I liked some of the games, but overall not holding my interest

Yes i felt the same although I did play the demo all the way

[Post New]by ishouldntexist on Jul 20, 09 12:14 PM
i cant even play it!!! i downloaded it but every single time i launch the game it crashes and gives me a not responding error message. too bad too cuz it sounds fun. this is the first game ive had problems with-- my mom has an older computer running windows xp and shes always getting error problems.

oh well ... i dont blame the problem on big fish but perhaps the developers? perhaps i need a better graphics card? maybe i should be saving up for a nicer gaming card than spending my $$$ on games i cant play!!!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jul 29, 09 3:41 PM
This is one of the few games that has had really cheesy graphics and audio but surprisingly enjoyable game play. The story was pretty weak too, but somehow it didn't affect the quality of the game play.

The puzzles get harder the longer you play, so if you only played one level, you only got the ridiculously easy games and missed out on the greater part of the challenge of this game.

I really enjoyed the coin slot extras even though they were kind of silly sometimes, with sparkles and animal noises for a single level. I probably spent as much time opening fortune cookies and buying the extras as I did in actual game play.

The game is surprisingly long, and extremely challenging at the end. If you don't like brain teasers, you won't like this game.

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on May 26, 11 8:05 PM
I've already posted twice in this forum about the game but I am compelled to do so again because...I'm just having so much fun with it! I love the little extra's, like the slot option where you can earn extra time or hints by playing mini-games; the cute part is sometimes you get a fortune cookie or a music bonus that offers a different track to play by till the next game is completed. I was really getting bored with IHOG's and the like, and needed something different; this was IT! Get it for 2.99 while you can

Go to: