bfgWaimea
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jun 25, 15 6:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Jun 25, 15 6:56 AM
I have windows 7 as well. Never had a problem before playing a game. But like a lot of others I am unable to even start to play. It keeps returning to game manager. I don't understand why this is happening anymore. It might be time to stop buying games since more problems continue to happen

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Jun 25, 15 7:00 AM
I have no hint button and I cannot skip pussles. Sorry for my bad english

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 25, 15 7:05 AM
I have a PC and running on Windows 8.1,
So far, so good, I have purchased the game and past the demo time.

I guess what I want to say, is I JUST updated my drivers yesterday...does anyone think that could be the issue?

I was thinking about you all, and I know it can be a disappointment when we have these issues.

Ci

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
505 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Jun 25, 15 7:16 AM
The hint and skip buttons don't work after a while? Am I to "earn" them? Help please!!

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,706 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Jun 25, 15 8:08 AM
Game freezes

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,200 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jun 25, 15 8:17 AM
Hiya,

I just wanted to stop in and let you know that we're in the process of looking into the difficulties reported here in the forum.

If you haven't done so already, please reach out to Customer Support with a Dr Felix from your system. These diagnostics will help us isolate the types of systems having this issue and get our team and the developers on the path to a solution for everyone impacted.

For more information and a link to the program, please see the following help article:

Dr Felix Diagnostics report

Thanks,

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by FreedomII on Jun 25, 15 8:26 AM
Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win...

minnielou
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by minnielou on Jun 25, 15 8:33 AM
I us a PC with windows 7 and finally made it to the first HOS and it froze. I actually had to control, alt. delete to get to task manager to get out of this game which I hate doing. I was very excited to play this and hopefully they will get this sorted out. I think it's the spirit letting me know I should be mowing the grass and not playing games.....lol.

Edited on 06/25/2015 at 8:36:17 AM PST

[Post New]by delonep on Jun 25, 15 8:45 AM
I got to queen's room and couldn't pick up items to place them.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Jun 25, 15 9:04 AM
I am with everyone else. Only get my name and when go to options screen freezes. You would think these problems could be worked out. I had to unplug entire computer to unfreeze.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jun 25, 15 10:58 AM
Another game with a glitch! The demo played fine so I bought it. Now the coin in the well is recovered and I put it on the scroll and that's it. it wont open, it wont do anything and I can't proceed in the game.

BFG really appreciate if updated soonest!
MacBook Air 10.10.3
thanks

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jun 25, 15 11:00 AM
FreedomII wrote:Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win...

Just saw this and yup - same problem!!!!

beckykay
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Jun 25, 15 11:11 AM
I have Windows 7 64-bit. The game downloaded alright, but it won't open. It just makes the "plop" sound and that's it. I'm looking forward to the fix!

angelfish106
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,244 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 25, 15 11:15 AM
Just wanted to say that I had no issues at all with this demo; no freezing, crashing or any other problems. Desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

[Post New]by CaroJ11 on Jun 25, 15 11:27 AM
I have a gaming computer HP Envy 8.1 with everything up-to-date. Smart Friend tech reps spent 1 1/2 hours on this game, and still can't get it to run properly. In fact, the only way out of the Strategy Guide is Ctrl/Alt/Delete. The game looks fabulous, but we can't play it! Grrrrr.....

Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jun 25, 15 11:39 AM
Using windows 8.1 windows Acer laptop.
Problems with the system curser did not bode well changed to the game curser, that did not pick up. The hint button stopped working and I stopped playing and am going to request my money back.
Had enough of games being released without being properly tested.
Like a few others on here I remember better days with Big Fish, it's a laughing stock now, place your bets folks and hope for the best is the attitude towards us these days.

Cursor freezes

[Post New]by GingerNutGirl on Jun 25, 15 11:57 AM
I first encountered issues after if finished downloading, put in my name successfully, then had a look at the extras screen, that's where the cursor stopped responding. I could see the red X in the top right hand corner but could not get it to respond. I too, had to control, Alt delete to get it to exit. Went to task manager, got it to stop. Reloaded it and went to play it but again, the cursor would not respond. Tried changing it to the custom cursor (I normally switch that off because I find them jerky) but although it slightly improved, I still couldn't play. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. No issues with any other games at all, I have games that use much more CPU and Ram with no issue.

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Jun 25, 15 12:36 PM
Terrible. I thought I was one of the lucky few, but no, my computer crashed in the Queen's chambers.

Unapologetically running XP.

I'll be expecting a refund if a patch isn't made available pronto.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Jun 25, 15 12:42 PM
I've downloaded 3 times, it won't start..... Help

Go to: