"Dressing the dolls" HOS

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:"Dressing the dolls" HOS

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 26, 15 11:02 PM
I tried what everyone seems to be having a problem with. I put the Yellow Dress on the Angel. After cutting out the 2 other dresses & sewing them, I dyed 1 dress Green. The other dress seemed to disappear. I continued solving the puzzle. When I opened the Cabinet Door at the top that needs the Cross Part, the other dress was inside.

How the dress got inside a Locked Cabinet doesn't make any sense but it did.

I created a back-up save before starting the puzzle. I'll replay the HOP & post the solution.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 26, 15 11:54 PM
I just figured it out. A dress never disappears. When you cut out the pattern on the white cloth, you get the pieces to 1 dress. You have the front & back of 1 dress then you use the needle & thread to sew the pieces together making 1 dress. The 3rd dress is in the compartment with the cross on the front.

HTH

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 27, 15 3:50 AM
Not applicable for me. I had already retrieved the cross from the wine when my third dress disappeared.

Tia7550
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Tia7550 on Jun 27, 15 6:46 AM
It won't let me go back in under another name. uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and still couldn't go under another name, and still couldn't get the dress. I'm so frustrated, I contacted technical support. waiting to hear back from them.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 27, 15 5:15 PM
Tia7550 wrote:It won't let me go back in under another name. uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and still couldn't go under another name, and still couldn't get the dress. I'm so frustrated, I contacted technical support. waiting to hear back from them.

On the MAIN MENU, put your cursor on the Sign just above your name. The word PLAYER should light up in red. Click on PLAYER, when the window pops up click on ADD then type in a name.

HTH

[Post New]by MarthaB1333 on Jun 27, 15 6:04 PM
I am having the same problem! Was enjoying the game but this is frustrating!

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on Jun 28, 15 12:26 AM
HEY: BIG FISH! It's been three days since you've been aware that there is a problem with a dress in a game that a whole bunch of people paid $13.99 for. I think you should probably name your next glitch filled CE game "Mutiny on the.... oh, wait, where are you all going? But we're not going to be able to pay the guy who cleans our bathroom if all of you stop giving us $14 two times a month."

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 28, 15 8:32 AM
Success at last! Following the steps ganonsbane outlined here http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/428498.page , I was able to complete the HOS and finish the game (haven't played the bonus chapter, yet). Granted, I had to start from the beginning with a new profile, but it really didn't take that long to get back to that particular HOS after already playing the HOS and puzzles beforehand.

Thanks a million to ganonsbane and others who weighed in on how to tackle this puzzle.

FritzBear
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FritzBear on Jun 28, 15 8:52 AM
It's very strange, but unlike so many other people, as it appears from all these posts, I didn't have the slightest problem with the dolls and their dresses. I could cut their dress in the fabric and paint them with the moss first and then the third dress was in a side cupboard waiting for me, I painted it red with the wine and I put it on the last doll. Not the slightest problem indeed...But...Oh my I'm stuck because I have not the saw blade, Francis fainted by a door and I cannot make the potion for him...Sigh!
I have really the impression this game is full of bugs and imperfection. The hint button, once Francis fainted doesn't work any more and the strategy guide is not a real great help either...

[Post New]by cynthiaogden on Jun 28, 15 10:13 AM
Having the same trouble. I can't get the 3rd dress. I got two cut outs then one disappeared. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. Will have to start from the beginning with new name. Loved this story but I think I will ask for a refund.

[Post New]by cynthiaogden on Jun 28, 15 10:13 AM
Having the same trouble. I can't get the 3rd dress. I got two cut outs then one disappeared. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. Will have to start from the beginning with new name. Loved this story but I think I will ask for a refund.

gailyannie
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gailyannie on Jun 28, 15 10:14 AM
yep, me too to all of the above...3 dresses, 2nd one went green, 3rd one disappears. stuck...big bummer!

[Post New]by bluewillow4 on Jun 28, 15 11:31 AM
I'm having the same problem. Lost the third dress in the wine. Is there an update available? I LOVE this game other than this problem.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jun 29, 15 8:22 AM
I can't find the third dress either, and to start the game again, Oh no, why can't we have games that play properly, especially C/E they cost enough!!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 29, 15 8:45 AM
If you have found the 3rd Dress then it hasn't disappeared. When the Dress disappears, you'll see the 3rd Dress fall on top of the 2nd Dress. Then when you pick up the 3rd dress the 2nd one isn't underneath.

I wrote a step by step solution to this puzzle. look for a thread in this forum titled:

SPOILER ALERT: Solution to the Doll Puzzle & Disappearing Dress

or go to: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/428498.page

HTH

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Jun 29, 15 11:40 AM
Same problem. Dyed the second dress green so have 'lost' the third dress. Apparently the only solution at present is to start the whole game again under a new profile and then read the spoiler instructions very carefully before playing this HOP. I think I want my money back.

[Post New]by jobarny on Jun 29, 15 6:18 PM
Same problem as everyone else. disappearing dress. Hint is useless here. I am not going to start the game over again. Hopefully Big Fish will make sure something is done about it. Obviously not all these people have faulty computers. The quality of the games has really gone down hill since i first became a member a few years ago. Just about every game has a glitch now. Any how that's my whinge. Hope it get fixed.

[Post New]by ashcat7 on Jun 29, 15 9:17 PM
Same issue.

One thing I've noticed that nobody else seems to have pointed out is that there are 2 jewels in the upper-left part of the game right below the brown string doll, and those jewels happen to be red and green, with red first. I don't know if that was supposed to be some kind of hint about the dress order, but it shouldn't matter. There should never be a glitch in a game that punishes the player in to restarting the whole thing.

I, too, refuse to start over after hours of gameplay. Has anyone heard anything of a refund as of yet?

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 30, 15 4:21 AM
You have to use the "Customer Support" link at the bottom of any page and contact BFG for a credit. They rarely issue monetary refunds, rather a coupon code that can be used for any CE or SE.

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Jun 30, 15 11:26 AM
There's a person on YT that has completed them game I don't know how thought cause I'm having the same problems as everyone else is. Here's his YT page [Removed by Moderator] maybe it will help some of you. I left a comment on one of his videos asking how he was able to finish the game with no problems. Elizabeth P(PirateVampGirl) is Me.

Edited on 07/01/2015 at 10:17:19 AM PST

Go to: