The Traveler Book

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:The Traveler Book

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 08 8:52 PM
ballsyd, welcome to the Fish Pond. The goal is to have all the numbers that surround the number grid all turn green. You toggle a number on or off. If it is on, it is used in adding up to the total for that column and for that row. If it is off, it is not used.
The number showing at the bottom and at the right is the target number. Normally, I work down the columns first and get all of them green. Then I start on the right and work my way down. You may have to readjust number in the down columns as you toggle on and off to achieve the right total.
...Hope this helps. Good luck.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 6, 08 4:23 AM
cesse47 wrote:I'm wondering if you might be having trouble because of the 3D quality of the puzzle...maybe that's what is throwing you off. If so, I have a suggestion. Use a dark pen and draw the puzzle on paper so that it is flat. Each side should be a square. Then use a ruler to divide each square into the number of squares on the puzzle. With a Hi-Liter, color in the squares as they appear in the puzzle. So, you should have to pink squares, 2 green, and 2 yellow ... if I remember the colors correctly. Now, use a pencil to draw a line between the pink and the pink. between the green and the green. and, between the yellow and the yellow. Where you find yourself crossing another color, erase the pencil mark and chart a different path. Once you have the 3 paths marked on the paper, use the color hi-liter to mark along your pencil mark. Then, go back to the online puzzle and input your solution.
...Hope this helps someone. Good Luck

excellent post!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 6, 08 9:56 PM
chiefy, if all of the letters in the cryptogram are green, that means they are all correct. Look for the tiny x in the upper right corner and close the puzzle. Can then continue game play.

[Post New]by kristyks on Sep 18, 08 8:11 PM
No need to answer my query about the numbered grid - I figured it out myself

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 18, 08 8:15 PM
kristyks wrote:No need to answer my query about the numbered grid - I figured it out myself

I'm sorry nobody answered you earlier.. It was not on purpose. I'm glad you were able to solve the puzzle.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Apr 12, 13 11:55 AM
prpldva wrote:
cesse47 wrote:I'm wondering if you might be having trouble because of the 3D quality of the puzzle...maybe that's what is throwing you off. If so, I have a suggestion. Use a dark pen and draw the puzzle on paper so that it is flat. Each side should be a square. Then use a ruler to divide each square into the number of squares on the puzzle. With a Hi-Liter, color in the squares as they appear in the puzzle. So, you should have to pink squares, 2 green, and 2 yellow ... if I remember the colors correctly. Now, use a pencil to draw a line between the pink and the pink. between the green and the green. and, between the yellow and the yellow. Where you find yourself crossing another color, erase the pencil mark and chart a different path. Once you have the 3 paths marked on the paper, use the color hi-liter to mark along your pencil mark. Then, go back to the online puzzle and input your solution.
...Hope this helps someone. Good Luck

excellent post!!

May be excellent but still not a resolution. I didn't need a ruler to draw a cube but still can't get it. One can't see the other two sides of the cube so I can't see a way to have the green make a path without crossing the pink and vice versa. VERY frustrating not to be able to skip a puzzle in this game.

Go to: