lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:nancy drew ransom of the seven ships

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 18, 09 3:09 PM
monkeyface881 wrote:Well I managed to find nancy drew: ransom of the seven ships on BFG today, it was hidden on the site and only the strategy guide shows up in the search results, so i clicked the strategy guide and then there was a link to re-direct me to buying the game. So, of course i bought it! but its not downloading for me ive tried everything but its just not letting me download! what to do??!

Same thing happened to me! I had one game credit left and I was waiting to get it on big fish instead of buying it for full price on her interactive. So today when the strategy guide showed up and the option to buy the game of course I did. Except... it wont download! Grrr. I keep getting the message "We are sorry, we are unable to find the requested file. We may be experiencing technical difficulties. (762-509)". Is that what your getting too?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 18, 09 3:19 PM
Unfortunately I don't think the game is officially released on Big Fish yet and thus you are not able to get the download going. This happened last week with Mystery Masterpiece The Moonstone, where people were able to find the game and buy it via a link from the page with the strategy guide--in their case they were able to download the game but it has since been pulled as a download as it was buggy (and it also had not been released yet---and Picman said it being there at all was a mistake).

*Sometimes* the strategy guide goes up and within a day or two the game is officially released; hopefully in your case it will be the TGT in the next couple of days and you will not have to wait too long to download the full game. If not, you will have to write to Customer Support and ask them what to do. Even if the strategy guide has gone up, there should not be a link to download the game yet because the game has not been officially released.

Occasionally there is something that gets released on Big Fish called a "soft release," where it never is officially a TGT/new game on Big Fish but rather just quietly shows up on the list of Big Fish downloadable games, but I feel quite confident in saying that the new Nancy Drew would not fall into this category.

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 3:23:46 PM PST

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 18, 09 3:30 PM
Thanks, ahh i hope its only a few days! I have waited forever for this game.. okay well maybe not forever but a good couple of months. I fired off an email to customer service, but their response can take up to 48 hours, hopefully the game will be up and running before they have time to respond.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 18, 09 3:39 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. I know how you feel, because I wait impatiently for each Nancy Drew game and this has been the first full-length adventure one released since last October. Hopefully the game will be released on Big Fish very soon, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 18, 09 3:42 PM
Thank you

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 18, 09 4:08 PM
Okay, I wrote customer service and Shane wrote me back and not even Customer Service knows! Oh and they are in the same building.... Okay we just need a customer service rep to sneak into the Game Developers realm, and find the information.... Or actually we need somebody to pretend they are the service maintenance crew

Anyone in Seattle able to do that?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 18, 09 4:16 PM
Unfortunately I'm two states away from Seattle.

I kind of thought that the new ND game would show up either this week or next week, but there shouldn't be a way for people to order the game like this through the back door (via the strategy guide), so to speak. I feel badly for the x number of folks who went ahead and purchased it.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 18, 09 4:18 PM
Well I went ahead to purchase it just so it's ready when they finally release it All you have to do is google search it... But you do get the error message, no worries it's purchased... So BFG hand it over!

And that's probably a good thing you are two states away

I am in Florida so it's impossible for me, haha.

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 4:20:04 PM PST

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 18, 09 4:53 PM
I felt so sneeky getting it from the strategy guide page only to be faced with dissapointment when I was unable to download it. Oh well, I guess all we can do is wait.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 18, 09 5:02 PM
Yep... This is a super slow timer, is this thing working? *taps hourglass*

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Jul 18, 09 5:02 PM
I am so glad I found this forum. I saw this game at Best Buy this afternoon for $19.99. I was hoping to find it here at BF but I guess I will just wait for it. I found the White Wolfe of Icicle Creek the most difficult out of all the ND games. I hope BF will offer the earlier ND games for download (I can't find them in stores) the first 5 and The Secret of Shadow Ranch.

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 18, 09 5:17 PM
I've played every single Nancy Drew game there is... except Ransom of Seven Ships. I started playing them when I was 10 years old and now 8 years later I'm still playing them! I don't know if I can pick my favourite game.. but I find that the older games tend to be better than the newer ones. Sometimes you can find the games in packs of 2 called "Double Dare" in stores and they usually include the older games. I havn't had to actually buy one of the packaged games in a long time ever since I discovered BFG,

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Jul 18, 09 5:44 PM
I must be a "late bloomer". I started playing ND games around March of this year. I bought every single ND game on BF. It is my favorite game series now. I really like the voice actress that plays Nancy Drew. I'm glad that her voice has been consistent for every game thus far (well, I'm not sure about the first 5 games though since I have not played those yet).

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 18, 09 5:51 PM
meatbun66 wrote:I must be a "late bloomer". I started playing ND games around March of this year. I bought every single ND game on BF. It is my favorite game series now. I really like the voice actress that plays Nancy Drew. I'm glad that her voice has been consistent for every game thus far (well, I'm not sure about the first 5 games though since I have not played those yet).

The same person has done Nancy's voice for all of the games. The voice actress has done a lot of voice work for other computer games, too. Go to Wikipedia and type in Lani Minella and you will see a list of games she has done voiceovers for---it's a very long list.

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 5:55:49 PM PST

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 18, 09 5:52 PM
Yes, it's good that she isn't super annoying either, although some of her lines can be cheesy. Out of the first five games I would say that The Final Scene is my favorite.. and it was the first game I played. The worst is Secrets Can Kill because the graphics are horrible and it has 2 discs that you have to keep switching out when you travel to different locations and it's rather annoying. The Secret of Shadow Ranch is really good so you definatly have that to look forward to! Since BFG just got Secret of Scarlet Hand it would be logical that they get the other older games too.

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 6:00:54 PM PST

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 18, 09 6:25 PM
Lani Minella has been the voice for every Nancy Drew game and even a few birds in the game .... I need to revisit the first game, I never played to the end of course, the disc version was two discs and you had to switch back and forth

I think the only thing that has changed has been the interface or menu.

Sorry Howatch and lindseyy, saw your post afterwards

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 6:26:56 PM PST

lindseyy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lindseyy on Jul 18, 09 6:29 PM
Not a problem. The only thing that has really changed in the games throughout the years is the interface like you said Rose427.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

nancy drew ransom of the seven ships

[Post New]by picman050967 on Jul 19, 09 12:08 AM
ranjen wrote:Any ideas when BFG will get this game?

Monday it is the TGT release. The strategy guide is out but the game cannot be downloaded until it is officially released.

Picman

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 19, 09 7:42 AM
Bumpity-bump....there's important info here for those of you who were sneaky and have already purchased this game. See Picman's message above.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jul 19, 09 8:06 AM
Ah nuts. Just bought it at Walmart. Paid $20. Maybe I can take it back and get it here. Probably a huge download game though.

Go to: