pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2 here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jul 1, 15 11:12 AM
Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc - gane won't even open. Second day in a row unable to play daily game - sigh. Windows XP. Glad I'm not buying these before trying out!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 1, 15 1:14 PM
I know of another site that will carry this game..........I'm going to that site! Who needs BF!

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jul 1, 15 4:49 PM
Using Windows Vista

I downloaded and installed.

When I click "Play," a window quickly opens and then closes, and then Game Manager says "60 minutes left to play."

I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again. Same result.

Bug.

Happy Fourth!

EDIT: here is the crash log:
S3E runtime Crashlog
--------------------

System Information:

SDK Version : 7.8.0 [435436] (S3E ABI v4.40.0)
OS Version : Windows 6.0 (6.0)
Device ID : Windows Desktop (2)
Device Class : (3000)

Crash Information:

Memory exception (11) attempting to access: 00000000 [ip=0F27421E]

Edited on 07/03/2015 at 2:51:11 PM PST

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Jul 1, 15 4:53 PM

I'm having the same issues as steve_san. It's disappointing because I usually like Vacation Adventures' games.

Using Windows Vista

When I click "Play," a window quickly opens and then closes, and then Game Manager says "60 minutes left to play."

Bug.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 1, 15 4:57 PM
~Zacx, hope you don't mind me copying and pasting your post with my version different, but I couldn't of said it any better.

I'm having the same issues as steve_san. It's disappointing because I usually like Vacation Adventures' games.

Using Windows XP

Bug.

[Post New]by danndi on Jul 1, 15 6:23 PM
I too could not start my game... after cancelling it and trying to restart it from History. Just a small blank oblong on the page! Of course my computer is using Vista!!!! and trying to get ahold of someone to help me from your "Help" was a disaster. So complicated to get any thing done!!! and this wasn't so in the past!!

[Post New]by Free0070 on Jul 1, 15 8:47 PM
I have downloaded the game and bought it but it won't play.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 2, 15 1:53 AM
hi everyone, i uninstalled and re-installed 3 times...third time lucky!!, the game now plays
i DO hope everyone else has luck with this game
i played for ten mins, then stopped then played again and it is fine still, off to buy now [ fins crossed]
i also had the little oblong box appear but that disappeared and the game played

Edited on 07/02/2015 at 1:54:47 AM PST

lbpc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by lbpc on Jul 2, 15 5:11 AM
Game downloads with no problem. I am using windows 7 Vista. PC. Cannot play. Says another game running. Just downloaded and playing new Witches Legacy. All okal
Many others having same problem. Will this be fixed so we can play game?

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 2, 15 8:06 AM
I purchased the game without a demo. Working on Windows 8.1 and did not have any problems at all downloading or opening the game.

Perhaps a demo glitch, developers? Hope they get this figured out.

[Post New]by My99truck on Jul 2, 15 9:12 AM
Same problem here. Have uninstalled and then reinstalled. Still can't access game. enjoyed first one. Now what?

[Post New]by hmorg06 on Jul 2, 15 3:59 PM
I am having Tech Issues for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2. It has loaded but, I can't open it to play the game. Deleted out the Game Manager and reinstalled it and reinstalled the game but, still won't play.

vikina43
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by vikina43 on Jul 2, 15 4:27 PM
I bought this game without trying it first because I loved this type of Vacation Adventures. I used a game credit. No problems downloading or installing. I have Windows Vista and the game does not open. S3e error application launcher stopped working. Please, fix this problem
I have uninstalled and installed again this game and still won't play.

Edited on 07/02/2015 at 4:30:20 PM PST

[Post New]by cozumelblue on Jul 2, 15 4:41 PM
Same issue as others. When I click "Play," a window quickly opens and then closes, and then Game Manager says "60 minutes left to play." I am on Windows Vista.

HUCster
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by HUCster on Jul 2, 15 10:35 PM
I have played the other Vacation Adventures and was looking forward to playing this one. I went to download the game and my virus protection said it found a suspicious file. I deleted the file and of course the installation failed. I would love to play the game but I am not willing to take a chance that there may be an imbedded issue in the software.

[Post New]by bigsandyhumble on Jul 3, 15 7:13 AM
i am using windows xp and purchased this game on july 2 and connot get it to play. do i need to get a refund?

prasm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by prasm on Jul 3, 15 7:14 AM
I am having same issues as others. Using Windows Vista. Game downloaded fine, but when I try to open it to play, it trys to open then disappears. With all the people here complaining about this, why isn't something being posted as to how to rectify this issue? Also, when I look at the actual program files, I don't see an .exe extension. Is this the issue?

[Post New]by Babochka on Jul 3, 15 8:04 AM
prasm wrote:I am having same issues as others. Using Windows Vista. Game downloaded fine, but when I try to open it to play, it trys to open then disappears. With all the people here complaining about this, why isn't something being posted as to how to rectify this issue? Also, when I look at the actual program files, I don't see an .exe extension. Is this the issue?

Big Fish adds code to the game executable (.exe) file so that it is hidden. To display the file follow the instructions from 'Help'

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1748/kw/hidden%20files

(Copy and paste the above into your browser to open or search the Help for the subject "Run Game as Administrator')

Once the files are unhidden, double click on the file under program files labeled:

cruiseDirector1 launcher.exe to open the game

Hope this helps....

Cruise Director 2

[Post New]by omega48 on Jul 3, 15 9:38 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. Am using windows 7 pc. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, did not help. The trial period worked fine that is why I decided to purchase the game. Can anyone help.

[Post New]by julz4u on Jul 3, 15 10:26 AM
Downloaded the game using Windows Vista and Google Chrome. It will not play. When I click "play," a small box flashes up for a second and then disappears but not game opens.

Meanwhile, my purchased games in my queue are deactivating one by one. What's up with this?

Go to: