could have been so much better

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 8, 15 2:06 AM
kandinsky wrote:Boris,
thanks for being here...
and here's what I liked with the game, that kept me going to the end, a quest beyond the edge of the world. To the Shangrila of the old novel and movie Lost Horizon, which draws from the Tibetan idea of a hidden and sacred center of the world...
so a quest...
things that seem to me to need more work
1.something like consistency in the historical period starting with an old frigate coming into port, on to air planes and the reset symbol on computers...
maybe secondary in fantasy but...
2. the strangeness to say the least of an aging english noblewoman flying and later parachuting and being a complete Indiana Jones. granted she is a surrogate figure for players fantasy... even in fantasy a degree of realism is better if requiring more work.
3. The settings to me looked like chinatown souvenir shops with plastic Buddhas alternating with European type settings and of all things Nordic runic writing.
would it be so hard to study a little and use Tibetan characters...
4.The story through the journal entries devolves into the story of a very european type king and family feud bringing the dark etc from so many other games.
5.when we get to shangrila-shambhala it is by cable car and the place itself has no special mystery or character
it is not beyond the edge of the world it is again
a shop in china town.
all of this could have been so much more deeply and better worked in my opinion but anyway that is my opinion, maybe it is what you wanted to make but...
anyway thank you for making games
it is a good profession and we need fantasy

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">[Removed by Moderator]</a> =Kandinsky in bigfish



Hi kandinsky,
Thank you very much on such detailed review, much appreciated. We all here talk about it and we learn our lessons. So in our next game we will give our best to make thing right.
Best regards
Boris

 

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 8, 15 2:13 AM
girlwonder wrote:I really enjoyed playing this game with one exception....if you see you have forgotten a collectible in one of the scenes, you can't go back and get it once you pass a certain point. With gold coins, apples, swords and stars, it is hard to keep up with them. Is there any reward at end of game if you find all the above?

Thanks
Marilyn


Hi girlwonder,
I am very happy that you like the game .
Concerning forgotten collectible, if you find them all you will fix an old zen garden and return him his former glory .
Plus you get Achievement Game winner.

Hope that this help.

Best regards
Boris

 

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BraveGiant on Jul 8, 15 2:15 AM
st97et wrote:Would like to buy the music Spirit Whisper.


Hi st97et,
I am not sure for what purpose do you like to buy it. Is it for comercial use on another project or something else?
Could you be more specific?

Best regards
Boris

 
bobbiejo2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by bobbiejo2 on Jul 8, 15 12:45 PM
Hi Boris,

I love this game.
Please do not reduce the number of hidden objects as they are just right.

Thank you so much for asking for feedback.

 
Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by Anged on Jul 10, 15 4:17 AM
I am enjoying the game. Like the previous post I play HOPs for the HOP. Please don't reduce them.
My problem is the HOPs with the shadow clues. To have shadows on a burgundy background is difficult to see if you don't have perfect eyesight. It would be great if I could scroll over the shadow and it would show what the clue was.
It is a game and not an eye exam.

 

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by st97et on Jul 10, 15 2:53 PM
Not to resell but only for personal use. If you can give me the classical music it was excerpted from, I'd appreciate it.

 

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by st97et on Jul 10, 15 3:00 PM
"it is not beyond the edge of the world it is again a shop in china town." Maybe you can tell the story of why the game was titled "Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End."

 
Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 10, 15 4:47 PM
I never listen to the music because I always have "cat" distractions. So whatever game it is, I turn off the music. But I love how crisp and clear it is and I love the morphing objects in the hidden games. I perhaps will buy it when I can get a deal

 
whisper482
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by whisper482 on Jul 15, 15 2:17 AM
I would like to have a reset button on the puzzles. I like the setting of this game.
Thank you.

 

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by ferlachchristl on Jul 19, 15 5:29 AM
Hi Boris,
first of all thanks for your appearance in this forum. I really liked your previous games "Queen´s Quest" and "Demon Hunter" - I gave them 5 stars in the reviews on the German BF site. However, I didn´t like this game that much - it was a little boring. Reasons were the minigames, that were mostly too easy for me (were better in the previous games) and the storyline: I was following my niece and her boyfriend to Tibet to search for them - and all of a sudden he has glowing eyes and wants to keep me from finding Lisbeth - and there are dragons roaming around everywhere??? Sorry, the storyline is no masterpiece.
The HOS were ok - I like the included morphing objects - but there was no challenge in solving them, because you can take all time of the world to finish them as there are no time based achievements for HOS (for example: solve 5 HOS under 2 minutes).
Minigames could be more interesting for ALL players if you would give the choice between easy and hard - so the gamers could choose by themselves (in this case the hard level should be really harder).
Another complaint is, that it isn´t possible (in NO way) to earn all of the achievements: The first achievement is "Play and finish the tutorial". The problem is, that in the tutorial you are forced to use the hint button in the first HOS. If you "Skip tutorial" you don´t get the achievement for finishing the tutorial. If you push the hint button, you don´t get "All HOS without hint" and you can´t go on without doing either this or that - see what I mean? I tried it several times - but it didn´t work.
The last thing is, that there isn´t much of extras for a collectors edition. The "reward" for collecting the items doesn´t impress me and replayable MG and HOS don´t justify the CE-price. You have done much better with the previous games - Standard editions with some CE-Extras - that was one of the reasons I rated your games 5 stars.
Maybe my post gives you some suggestions for further games - I´m looking forward to "Demon hunter 2" - I´ve played the demo allready and it seems great.
Greetings from Austria,
Christa

 
ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Jul 19, 15 1:40 PM
I must admit I'm enjoying this game a lot! I also admit that I mainly bought this one, as with most CEs that I buy because of the morphing items, but I was a little disappointed that they were required items in the HOS scenes, rather than collectables... that is, unless they don't appear at all in the SE? Regardless, it's still a fun game.
However, I was quite dismayed by the tutorial for the game. Even though I play tons of hidden object games, I still always play in casual mode and use the tutorial. I've never seen another CE that required you to use the hint button to continue with the tutorial and then dock your achievements for the forced use of the tutorial hint button. I always try to get as many achievements as I possibly can, so I had to start the game all over again and not use the tutorial in order to get the achievement for solving all HOS scenes without using a hint. Especially since there's an optional mahjong game!
I would suggest in the future to either have a "continue" button for the tutorial or just don't force a hint to be used.

 
seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by seaside2 on Aug 7, 15 7:19 AM
Brave Giant, thank you for giving us this opportunity. You are indeed brave. I am working on the demo and it is certainly a buy for me. The graphics are really beautiful requiring a lot of work, I'm sure. Your team obviously researched what is authentically Tibetan or Chinese.
Anyway, I disagree with most of the criticism. Iove HOGS so am happy with the frequency of these challenges. I also really like the music. So I have no constructive criticism because I have no criticism at the point.! I'll let you know if that changes.

 
BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 27, 15 12:01 AM
seaside2 wrote:Brave Giant, thank you for giving us this opportunity. You are indeed brave. I am working on the demo and it is certainly a buy for me. The graphics are really beautiful requiring a lot of work, I'm sure. Your team obviously researched what is authentically Tibetan or Chinese.
Anyway, I disagree with most of the criticism. Iove HOGS so am happy with the frequency of these challenges. I also really like the music. So I have no constructive criticism because I have no criticism at the point.! I'll let you know if that changes.


Hi seaside2,
Thank you very much for your time to give us feedback and compliments as well, it is always nice to hear it .
We will give our best to improve our games in the future and give you even more fun.
Also check it out our newest games because we will mention you in the Credits as a special way to thank you for feedback.

Have a nice day.
Boris

 
BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 27, 15 12:33 AM
ppasolvr wrote:I must admit I'm enjoying this game a lot! I also admit that I mainly bought this one, as with most CEs that I buy because of the morphing items, but I was a little disappointed that they were required items in the HOS scenes, rather than collectables... that is, unless they don't appear at all in the SE? Regardless, it's still a fun game.
However, I was quite dismayed by the tutorial for the game. Even though I play tons of hidden object games, I still always play in casual mode and use the tutorial. I've never seen another CE that required you to use the hint button to continue with the tutorial and then dock your achievements for the forced use of the tutorial hint button. I always try to get as many achievements as I possibly can, so I had to start the game all over again and not use the tutorial in order to get the achievement for solving all HOS scenes without using a hint. Especially since there's an optional mahjong game!
I would suggest in the future to either have a "continue" button for the tutorial or just don't force a hint to be used.


Hello ppasolvr,
First of all sorry because late response, it is hard to be on Forum all the time.
And second thank you very much for such a wonderful advice it never occurred so far to us this kind of situation. Much appreciated .
Please check our future game because we will mention all players who answer us on forum as our important contributors.

Best regards
Boris

 
BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 27, 15 1:25 AM
ferlachchristl wrote:Hi Boris,
first of all thanks for your appearance in this forum. I really liked your previous games "Queen´s Quest" and "Demon Hunter" - I gave them 5 stars in the reviews on the German BF site. However, I didn´t like this game that much - it was a little boring. Reasons were the minigames, that were mostly too easy for me (were better in the previous games) and the storyline: I was following my niece and her boyfriend to Tibet to search for them - and all of a sudden he has glowing eyes and wants to keep me from finding Lisbeth - and there are dragons roaming around everywhere??? Sorry, the storyline is no masterpiece.
The HOS were ok - I like the included morphing objects - but there was no challenge in solving them, because you can take all time of the world to finish them as there are no time based achievements for HOS (for example: solve 5 HOS under 2 minutes).
Minigames could be more interesting for ALL players if you would give the choice between easy and hard - so the gamers could choose by themselves (in this case the hard level should be really harder).
hing is, that there isn´t much of extras for a collectors edition. The "reward" for collecting the items doesn´t impress me and replayable MG and HOS don´t justify the CE-price. You have done much better with the previous games - Standard editions with some CE-Extras - that was one of the reasons I rated your games 5 stars.
Maybe my post gives you some suggestions for further games - I´m looking forward to "Demon hunter 2" - I´ve played the demo allready and it seems great.
Greetings from Austria,
Christa


Dear Christa,

Thank you very much on such an honest and very good review of our games, much appreciated. Yes I agree that games could be much better but this is a process of learning, and we are giving our best . Tibetan Quest get so far the best score on Survey, but I understand your concern and we will try to combine better and more challenging puzzles and HOGs in future games and definitely include more content in CE games.
Concerning achievements we will make it right, great advice by the way.
And I am really happy that you like Demon Hunter 2 .
Also as a special thanks to you we will include your nick name in Credits of our future games, so stay tuned .

Have a beautiful day
Boris

 
BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 27, 15 1:51 AM
whisper482 wrote:I would like to have a reset button on the puzzles. I like the setting of this game.
Thank you.


Hello whisper482,

Thank you very much for your replay. I am bi aconfused because I think that we have a reset button, but I will double check it.
Also as a special thanks to you we will include your nick name in Credits of our future games, so stay tuned.

Have a nice day

Boris

 
BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 27, 15 1:54 AM
bobbiejo2 wrote:Hi Boris,

I love this game.
Please do not reduce the number of hidden objects as they are just right.

Thank you so much for asking for feedback.


Hello bobbiejo2,

It is nice to hear your feedback, much appreciated.
And as a way to show you our appreciation we will include your nick name in Credits of our future games, so stay tuned .

Best regards
Boris

 
BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 27, 15 1:58 AM
Anged wrote:I am enjoying the game. Like the previous post I play HOPs for the HOP. Please don't reduce them.
My problem is the HOPs with the shadow clues. To have shadows on a burgundy background is difficult to see if you don't have perfect eyesight. It would be great if I could scroll over the shadow and it would show what the clue was.
It is a game and not an eye exam.


Hello Anged,

Nice to hear from you. It is an very interesting idea you propose about scroll over the shadow and it would show what the clue was. I will see is it possible to make.
Please search for your nick name in Credits of our future games, as a sign of gratitude, so stay tuned.

Best regards
Boris

 
BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by BorisDr on Aug 27, 15 2:04 AM
Cromaxgal wrote:I never listen to the music because I always have "cat" distractions. So whatever game it is, I turn off the music. But I love how crisp and clear it is and I love the morphing objects in the hidden games. I perhaps will buy it when I can get a deal


Hello Cromaxgal,

Sorry becuase late response, it is hard to be on forum all the time
Nice to hear from you and I really hope that you like the game.

Best regards
Boris

 
dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 22, 15 9:20 PM
Hi Boris, I'm just now playing the game and I really like it. I like the music and I don't think there are too many HOS. The colors and artwork are beautiful! I like the oriental setting as a change from castles and gloom (both of which I love). Thanks for a beautiful game!

 
 
 
 
Go to: