schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 13, 09 6:35 AM
Margie...............I love this game.......I am at the beginning but it is working ok for me, I am getting it without hlep .....so far. Working also on Enlightus and Kuros plus 2 beta games from BF. So I am spreading it around. Just finished ME2 and GHOST, also great.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 13, 09 11:43 AM
Margie, I am at the rune scrolls. Hard to figure out but it said I could skip it. Only it won't let me. Is there a photo bucket of the solution I can get or am I done with this demo?

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 13, 09 11:56 AM
Margie, Just got to your photobucket and was able to get help, thx

[Post New]by cleo1945 on Jul 13, 09 3:37 PM
Can someone help me to put the necklace on the bear totem, I have tried the hint button but the necklace will not go on the totem

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 13, 09 3:41 PM
cleo1945 wrote:Can someone help me to put the necklace on the bear totem, I have tried the hint button but the necklace will not go on the totem

You have to go to the Reservation to get the Bear Necklace, what you have is the Bear Amulet.

Good Luck!

Margie B

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 13, 09 5:52 PM
schuldi wrote:Margie, Just got to your photobucket and was able to get help, thx
'

Hey Schuldiner,

Sorry I wasn't around to help you earlier but I am glad that the pics were helpful to you!

I am happy to hear in your previous post that you are enjoying the game!

Good Luck with the rest of it.

Margie B

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the N

[Post New]by alafiayemaya on Jul 13, 09 6:23 PM
I am stuck at the totem poles....for some reason the necklace will not go on the bear totem, any solution to that...been having the same problems as some other folks, draggy curser at times, is it me or the game, cannot move past this point, have the necklace it just will not stick on the bear totem thanks

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 13, 09 6:27 PM
alafiayemaya wrote:I am stuck at the totem poles....for some reason the necklace will not go on the bear totem, any solution to that...been having the same problems as some other folks, draggy curser at times, is it me or the game, cannot move past this point, have the necklace it just will not stick on the bear totem thanks

You're trying to place the wrong thing on the bear totem.

Go to the Reservation location and look for the bear necklace in the sparkly area.

Thanks,
Margie B

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the N

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 13, 09 7:50 PM
Margie, I am by the cars in the snow. I think Michigan. And I am stuck. Got your photobucket of the wheel game from the engine but dont know how to start it. The battery won't charge and I am fully stuck. Love the game and bought it. When is the walk-thru coming. I need energy on this one and can't get it. All other site are done on this one. Help

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Mini-Walkthrough: Video Solutions and Screenshots for Department 42: The Mystery of the

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 14, 09 3:48 AM
schuldi wrote:Margie, I am by the cars in the snow. I think Michigan. And I am stuck. Got your photobucket of the wheel game from the engine but dont know how to start it. The battery won't charge and I am fully stuck. Love the game and bought it. When is the walk-thru coming. I need energy on this one and can't get it. All other site are done on this one. Help

Hi Schuldiner the walkthrough has been submitted, it will be posted today, in the meantime, here is the solution for you

POLLOCK’S CAR DUMP – FIND WRENCH/ OPEN RUSTY CAR
• Click on the sparkly area in the back of the scene.
• You will find the Wrench on the metal door in the center of the scene.
• Back at Pollock’s Car Dump, pick up the red Gas can that is on top of the stack of tires.
• Pick up the Discharged Battery that is on top of the stacked tires.
• Place the Wrench on the Rusty Car that is on the left side of the scene.
• A Secret Locker will appear after you open the car, click on it. You will be asked to open it.

OPEN SECRET LOCKER – PART 1
• Click on the sparkly area in the back of the scene and look for the hidden objects.
• The Cutting Pliers will be in the top right side of the scene.
• Go to the Tool Shed.

TOOL SHED – START GENERATOR/ RECHARGE BATTERY
• Place the Discharged Battery on the Charger Slot.
• Place the Gas can on the Gasoline Generator.
• Place the Cutting Pliers on the wires that are in the lower left side of the scene.
• Place the Wire from inventory on the Gasoline Generator and the Battery will start recharging.
• Grab the Battery from the slot once you see the green light on the Battery.
• Go back to Pollock’s Car Dump.

OPEN SECRET LOCKER
• Click on the Secret Locker that is in the Rusty Car and you will get a closer view.
• Place the Recharged Battery from inventory on the close-up view of the Secret Compartment. Click on the Secret Compartment again to activate it.

You can look at the screenshot for the solution for starting the lock.

Margie B

Edited on 07/14/2009 at 3:49:10 AM PST

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 14, 09 6:12 AM
Thx, you are a doll as usual

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 14, 09 8:22 AM
schuldi wrote:Thx, you are a doll as usual

You're welcome

Margie B

[Post New]by ladyhay on Jul 14, 09 8:22 AM
Hi, I can't figure out the werewolf potion. It os probably so easy it is hard. Any Help?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 14, 09 8:28 AM
ladyhay wrote:Hi, I can't figure out the werewolf potion. It os probably so easy it is hard. Any Help?

Could you be a bit more specific? If you need to know what amount of liquid to put in each potion, you can click on the link that is in my original post for the screenshots.

It will show you the exact amount that you need for each.

If it's something different that you need, then just post your question here and I will answer it for you.

Thanks,
Margie B

[Post New]by crzymamaof2 on Jul 14, 09 11:18 AM
Margi B,

I think that's great they way you have put a mini-walk thru..So thanks!

However I seem to be stuck in a part not yet mentioned in other discussion threads on the forum.

I am in the Dreamworld Study. I have found 1 rune (and placed it on the rune chest) yet I don't know how to unlock the desk. I have returned to the Parlor (?) and back to the Study. There are no "sparklies" just the microscope without a lens, the board above the fire place...
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, I have been trying this for hours!!
Thanks so much!

[Post New]by crzymamaof2 on Jul 14, 09 11:25 AM
update.. after more reading I did figure out how to open the drawer and catch one of the runes.. so I need one more rune, and all 4 sigils.. I only have the stopwatch and dream-catcher left in my inventory... Can anyone point me in the right direction??

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 14, 09 12:20 PM
Hi crzymamaof2

I didn't know which ones you have so I just posted the solutions for all of them. Let me know if you need anything else.

FIND 3 RUNES - RUNE OF THE GODS
• Click on the photograph that is on the table in the Mansion and you will get a closer view.
• Place the Stopwatch on the Photograph and a younger picture of the woman will appear.
• Pick up the Rune of the Gods that appears at the bottom of her portrait.
• Go through the door to enter the next scene.

FIND 3 RUNES – RUNE OF SPIRITS

• Click on the sparkly area that is located in the lower right side of the Dreamsworld Study and find the Hammer.
• The Hammer is on the lower left side of the scene, next to the funnel.
• In the Study, place the Hammer on the Big Retort that is in the lower left side of the scene.
• Once the Retort is broken, click on the Rune of Spirits that appears on the floor.

FIND 3 RUNES – RUNE OF GIANTS

• In the Study, place the Fang of the Pack Leader on the Locked Drawer.
• Once the drawer opens, you have to click on the correct Rune in order for it to go into inventory.
• Grab the Rabbit’s Paw from inventory and place it on the drawer. The right Rune will isolate itself from the rest and appear on top of the drawer.

Margie B

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 14, 09 12:22 PM
FIND 4 SIGILS OF THE ELEMENTS – SIGIL OF AIR
• Once the Runic Chest has been opened, pick up the Sigil of Water symbol that appears on the inside lid of the chest.

FIND 4 SIGILS OF THE ELEMENTS – SIGIL OF FIRE
• Place the Dreamcatcher on the Book of Nightmares that is on the back wall of the Study and a book will appear.
• Click on the book again and pick up the Tongs that appear inside the book.
• Go back to the Mansion and place the Tongs on the Flaming Rose. The Tongs will go back into inventory with a Flaming Petal.
• Click on the Picture of “Temple of Flames” and you will get a closer view.
• Place the Flaming Petal in the lower left side of the pop-up window and the Sigil of Fire will appear in the flames.
• Pick up the Sigil of Fire. Click on the sparkly area that is in the lower right side of the Mansion.

FIND 4 SIGILS OF THE ELEMENTS – SIGIL OF EARTH
• Click on the sparkly area that is by the fireplace in the Mansion and look for all the objects on the list.
• Click on the Sigil of Earth that blends into the lower left side of the carpet.
• Go back to the Study.

FIND 4 SIGILS OF THE ELEMENTS – SIGIL OF WATER
• Go back to the Study and click on the sparkly area that is on the right side of the scene.
• Pick up the Microscope Lens that is in the lower center of the scene.
• Go back to the Study and place the Microscope Lens on the Microscope. Click on the Lens and you will see the Sigil of Water, click on it to pick it up.

Margie B

tamikami
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tamikami on Jul 14, 09 12:54 PM
I am having trouble with the secret cache in the werewolf's lair. I found the lair and the four buttons, but nothing I do opens the lair. I see the four moon phases on the wall, but am unable to match them. The hint button hasn't helped. What do I do?

[Post New]by wakko1 on Jul 14, 09 1:00 PM
I am stuck in MS - can't figure out how to find the mushrooms or open the garage -

never mind - 1st time I tried to pick up the key in the book - it would not come with.

Thanks anyway

Edited on 07/14/2009 at 1:05:51 PM PST

Go to: