Kuros

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Kuros

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Jul 13, 09 5:57 AM
So for anyone with a better description of the game ... is it truly hidden object or a puzzle game? When they had the wrong descriptions on yesterday's game, it called it a hidden object game. Now, it says puzzle game. I am confused.

I am trying to download but am hoping for an answer sooner than the download lol. (Fingers crossed it's not Hidden Object).

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jul 13, 09 6:00 AM
It's half and half ... good game I got it to work now .... was pressing the play button, and you have to press play then the playgame button ... silly me

Lou

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 13, 09 6:54 AM
Well... I have really mixed feelings about Kuros. Clearly it has exceptional graphics and an interesting story, nice music. I kind of expected from all that being so well crafted there would just be... more... to the game.

The mini-game type puzzles are, for the most part, really easy for me and absolutely nothing new for the majority of them. The 2 pipe flow and 1 gear puzzle were ridiculously easy. The roll the ball into the hole was a little more challenging, but not much. I only got stuck on one of the bounce the laser off mirrors puzzles (there are 6, groan). There are also a few "quick click" games, but they were as easy as the rest so I was able to complete them since they were pretty forgiving, as were the draw the glyph moments. That has taken serious dexterity in other games but not in this.

The one thing I *did* like in the mini-games was the puzzle for repairing the glyph stones which is a logic sequence puzzle utilizing a series of glyphs in a grid that you must complete. This is a style of game I have only seen utilized a couple times and wish I saw it more often.

The inventory puzzles I enjoyed more. I like hunting between multiple scenes and with little explanation there was a pretty good level of challenge. Felt nicely reminiscent if a true Adventure Game without all the walking around.

Relatively short duration, but I expected this given the style of the game. I probably got about 3.5 hours out of it. There are hints that you find in the environment, but they are very few so use wisely. There is also a skip puzzle. Not sure if this is one you find multiples of as I just used one (on the laser). The sound synced up beautifully with text dialog *but* I really disliked the main characters voice and some of the dialog was a bit inane. Why did the robot guy have a Scottish accent...?

So my bottom line is sure, it was worth $7. Production levels were super high (I had absolutely no technical issues tho I see some folks have) and this was just shy of being amazing, but shy it was. In the end I felt it was a pretty run of the mill, tho completely sound, IHOG, dressed up in a fabulous costume. IMO Department 42 was a far superior game and I probably would have liked this more had I not just played that. Can't give it full approval but can give it:

codcares
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by codcares on Jul 13, 09 7:29 AM
Thank you so much for your review Poodlebear. I really appreciated it. Very informative. Thanks again

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 13, 09 7:32 AM
I am downloading now ,hope i like the .Will let you all know.Happy gaming.

teesheets
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by teesheets on Jul 13, 09 8:02 AM
How do you open the coffin?

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jul 13, 09 8:07 AM
Thanks for the review, Poodlebear. Off to play the game now.

[Post New]by diamondgirl125 on Jul 13, 09 9:21 AM
can anyone help me with the lightstone symbol combo....cannot get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jul 13, 09 9:25 AM
Hey all,

We got the Kuros forum up and running so I'm moving this thread.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Jul 13, 09 9:43 AM
I played my hour's worth and was in the midst of the cryptogram puzzle. Was really enjoying that. And I also enjoyed the sequence puzzle with the lightstone.

The thing that was like "fingernails on a chalkboard" was the voice of the main character!

If I buy, it will have to wait for next month's token. This month (tomorrow!) my token is going for Dept. 42.

jazz2451
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jazz2451 on Jul 13, 09 10:23 AM
SolarEclipse wrote:
besstan wrote:just bought this game no problems but will there be a walkthrough do you think as i cant find the feathers for the wand besstan

Gamezebo has a walkthrough. You can access it by going to their "Tips & Tricks" section.

Where is the wood glyphstone? The walkthrough just says to go there??

[Post New]by diamondgirl125 on Jul 13, 09 10:34 AM
thanks but I got it!!! Now just looking for the last stone....lol...cannot find that either!!!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jul 13, 09 11:21 AM
What a great game, so sad when my hour was up. but my credit should go in today, so thats gone before i get it

[Post New]by purpleladyljr on Jul 13, 09 11:48 AM
I'm enjoying the game, but the sound is terribly garbled. Sometimes I can't even hear what is said. Anybody else have this problem? What can I do about it?

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 13, 09 11:56 AM
i downloaded game it was almost finished.it said download failed.should i try download .again.

[Post New]by bigplaya1 on Jul 13, 09 12:36 PM
I am unable to get the trial to download, anyone else with the same problem? Help please.

lewislynda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lewislynda on Jul 13, 09 3:56 PM
Hi, I am having problems lighting the crystals. Got all but 1. Its the 3rd one on the right. I can light 3 of the crystals, but I can't get the 4th one. Help please

jazz2451
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jazz2451 on Jul 13, 09 3:58 PM
I did okay until I got to the Oracle with the parts from the tree thingy. Then I got two different access violations. One before and one after I updated DirectX and my video drivers??

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 13, 09 6:12 PM
lewislynda wrote:Hi, I am having problems lighting the crystals. Got all but 1. Its the 3rd one on the right. I can light 3 of the crystals, but I can't get the 4th one. Help please

This is the only puzzle in the game I couldn't figure out and I eventually skipped it. I found all the other puzzles easy to mildly challenging but this specific one *shrug* I've not looked at the walk-thru for it.

Arlene31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Lighting the crystals

[Post New]by Arlene31 on Jul 13, 09 8:21 PM
if you watch the color sequence of the board before clicking on it to get to the puzzles you can see what color crystal goes where.

Go to: