prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Amazing Finds - New HO Game

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 7:43 AM
shadowdiana wrote:It is brand new, prpldva; just came out, though the hype about it has been out a couple of months.

I have been checking for it....finally !!!
ok then- going to check it out...

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Oct 15, 08 7:45 AM
I just played the demo. It is only a half hour not an hour, I enjoyed the game. It downloaded fast for me. The mini games were a little easy but that's alright. Some things you have to use at another location. I hope gets it. The only complaint I have is there is too much "talking" and you can't just skip it but have to click the OK button each time.

I don't think it will last very long. It has 8 locations and I finished 3 in the half hour.

Edited on 10/15/2008 at 7:47:00 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 8:17 AM
dtouchton wrote:I just played the demo. It is only a half hour not an hour, I enjoyed the game. It downloaded fast for me. The mini games were a little easy but that's alright. Some things you have to use at another location. I hope gets it. The only complaint I have is there is too much "talking" and you can't just skip it but have to click the OK button each time.

I don't think it will last very long. It has 8 locations and I finished 3 in the half hour.
ths link does say an hour- going to play now. Now that i open it = it says 30 mins

Edited on 10/15/2008 at 8:18:24 AM PST

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Oct 15, 08 8:20 AM
dtouchton wrote:I just played the demo. It is only a half hour not an hour, I enjoyed the game. It downloaded fast for me. The mini games were a little easy but that's alright. Some things you have to use at another location. I hope gets it. The only complaint I have is there is too much "talking" and you can't just skip it but have to click the OK button each time.

Yes I agree with you Dtouchton, only 30 mn trial and I almost finished the 5th location and the mini-games way to easy. I don't think I would buy it, too short

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 8:32 AM
I just play part of it- I could like this one, but the old man is VERY annoying!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Oct 15, 08 8:33 AM
It'd be nice if had it to play in their game community.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 10:16 AM
tix48 wrote:i read fr someone that has the game that the reason its only a half hour demo is because game is real short and is over an one hour. Not a game I will buy.
I know some games are short but an hour is to me ridiculous! Just my thoughts.
If that's os, then will not even consider getting unless it's here for $6.99

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Oct 15, 08 10:19 AM
Can`t wait for this one to be released.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 15, 08 10:21 AM
Ghost ... the game has been released on Shockwave. see above for reviews

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Oct 15, 08 10:22 AM
Thanks cesse. will go have a look.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 15, 08 2:12 PM
Uh Oh. The game is getting some very bad reviews. I heard you can finish it in 1 hour. Seriously.
What is up with all these short games lately?

Lorifish
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Lorifish on Oct 15, 08 2:23 PM
I to finished the 5th level in the 1/2 hour free trial. I think I will pass on this one as well. Although some of the items are really hard to find.. mainly because I did not know what they were. Hints charge pretty fast in this one. LOL. The little sparkles are easy to see.

Ngen
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Ngen on Oct 24, 08 3:39 PM
I just played this game and took just over an hour. Very short game not that impressed

csurles
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by csurles on Oct 25, 08 11:33 AM
cesse47 wrote:Ngen, welcome to the forums. If it's that short, guess I'll have to wait until a $0.99 sale. Thanks for the update.

If the game is only about an hour long, I agree with Cesse, I'll wait until it's only $0.99. Still plan on playing the trial version.
When are you getting this one?

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 26, 08 10:51 PM
Sounds like a good one - I'll be waiting in line to take a look at this one.

Gee

Merikel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merikel on Nov 19, 08 5:49 PM
I played the whole game for free It's not worth it. Too easy and finished it in an hour. Puzzles were way too easy. I wouldn't spend money on it. Happy gaming

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Nov 19, 08 6:02 PM
Merikel wrote:I played the whole game for free It's not worth it. Too easy and finished it in an hour. Puzzles were way too easy. I wouldn't spend money on it. Happy gaming

I beta tested this game and have to agree, i was almost done after an hour.not worth the money because its just too easy to get through in maybe 2 hours

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 7, 08 2:24 AM
I tried the demo on another site and remember it annoyed me in some way but can't remember why. Think I'll go ahead with the demo and give it another shot. Heck, mighta just been hormones.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Dec 7, 08 2:33 AM
Poodle.........you made me laugh. Can't tell you how many times that's happened to me.

I enjoyed the game and probably would have purchased it until I was reading here about the length. Won't buy short games UNLESS they as good as the original Mortimer. Now I gladly paid for that one!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 7, 08 5:26 AM
I tried the demo for just a few minutes before deleting it. There's no way to turn the annoying music off without also turning off the feedback sounds. And the music was extremely annoying IMO.

Go to: