Re:Youda Sushi Chef comments and reviews

[Post New]by loudpaw on Jul 15, 09 2:01 AM
Well I just finished up my hour and here's what I have to say about Youda Sushi Chef:

The people were kinda creepy, but passable. I couldn't get past day 3, even though my rep was full, and each customer left happy, I guess I didn't make enough money. There wasn't really a plot to the game, you're just sushi chef who gets more famous as you play (well, if you're not me you do x3). There's creepy brown blobs that screw up your ref and eat your sushi, I thought they were piles of crap at first, and then someone said (can't remember who sorry ) they were mashed up sushi, they were really annoying (for me anyway). Making combos were fun for me, they fulled up my rep bar pretty quick.It was fun for a while, but then got boring, I wouldn't recommend buying this game, unless your someone who likes getting frustrated (who would wanna get frustrated??? ) My overall rating for Youda Sushi Chef is...

7/10

~Loudpaw

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 15, 09 7:32 AM
I played Youda Sushi Chef for almost 30 Minutes, than I must finished it. It`s so hard and difficult. I think the other Youda Games are much better. I like TM-Games so much, but this ... I don`t like it at all.

So I give it only /

Edited on 07/15/2009 at 12:30:45 PM PST

[Post New]by engies1 on Jul 15, 09 4:35 PM
I'm enjoying the game but can't for the life of me figure out how to do the combo's...Any clues from those that have "mastered" it? I can remember the recipes and like time management games but I can't get the required numbers without building the combos.....Thanks!

[Post New]by SimpleAbundance on Jul 15, 09 5:50 PM
engies1: There is a recipe for the combo platter at the back of the Recipe Book. Hope that helps.

cry5tal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cry5tal on Jul 15, 09 8:06 PM
I really really enjoyed this game, but there is something I wouldn't mind changing about it: the lack of a restart button. With TM games, I have a (bad) habit of restarting if I make a mistake early on in the level. So if I make a mistake in this game, I have to go back to the main menu and start again, and the game was a little laggy in loading the map and stuff for me. Definitely a thumbs up though!

kemvball
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kemvball on Jul 15, 09 11:03 PM
I bought the game and it's okay (usually a fan of TM games), but once you get past the first two restaurants you end up with too much money and end up buying all the upgrades after the third day on all the remaining levels. Not much to strive for on days 4-7 at each restaurant. eh...

[Post New]by TBosmom on Jul 16, 09 5:55 AM
I actually like this game a lot. If you don't like to memorize or can't think fast on your feet, you won't like it....or you will be making a lot of "poo-poo platters". I found it challenging, fun and frustrating at times, but in the end, I was hooked and bought the game.....pretty fun

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Jul 16, 09 4:20 PM
I'm so relieved others had trouble keeping track of the recipes. I had to refer to the book almost every time time in the beginning. Because of mistakes I had to buy ingredients often which broke up what little rhythm I had going. LOL By three recipes I was like Lucy and Ethel wrapping candy! It was getting on my nerves so I stopped.

[Post New]by SimpleAbundance on Jul 16, 09 8:23 PM
lol Lauralei: I love your name and the thought of Lucy and Ethel cracked me up.

afigluiz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Youda Sushi Chef comments and reviews (suggestions for developers)

[Post New]by afigluiz on Jul 19, 09 9:55 AM
(sorry, I did not see this discussion, I created a new one)

This game was fun. You def need to extend the 60 min trial to get past anything substantial.

I would suggest a couple of things for the developers:

I was finding myself with each new resturant that I could purchase ALL of the upgrades right away, yet the game play for each day did not get much harder.

Maybe if instead of using your "balance" you can only purchase from the current day's earnings. (to make more challenging)

The graphics are nice, and I like how the dishes change during each resturant, but like I said, I could purchase all of the upgrades at one time and you actually do not notice, other than asthetics what each upgrade does.

The last level is the easiest. Should it be the other way around?

What was the point of saving the money towards the resturant if at the end, there is not another resturant (#7) hidden that you have to get through? (same complaint with diner tycoon!!)

Overall, it could be more challenging, towards the end, once the item is memorized, it was child's play.

afigluiz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by afigluiz on Jul 19, 09 9:58 AM
engies1 wrote:I'm enjoying the game but can't for the life of me figure out how to do the combo's...Any clues from those that have "mastered" it? I can remember the recipes and like time management games but I can't get the required numbers without building the combos.....Thanks!

There are three kinds of combos

1. get rid of 3+ dishes quickly
2. make the same dish in a row, without clicking anything else (other than ingredients and the roller)
3. have customers eat dishes (any) in a row.

[Post New]by Scatha on Jul 25, 09 1:53 PM
afigluiz wrote:
engies1 wrote:I'm enjoying the game but can't for the life of me figure out how to do the combo's...Any clues from those that have "mastered" it? I can remember the recipes and like time management games but I can't get the required numbers without building the combos.....Thanks!

There are three kinds of combos

1. get rid of 3+ dishes quickly
2. make the same dish in a row, without clicking anything else (other than ingredients and the roller)
3. have customers eat dishes (any) in a row.

As for number 2 above, you can make any combination of dishes as long as you click on only the ingredients and the roller. They don't necessarily have to be the same dish.

Has anyone else had the problem of the chairs randomly giving away money?

[Post New]by MauiSunrise on Jul 27, 09 1:47 PM
I love sushi and cooking, but I would have to agree with some posters, this game is a bit too hard for me. Its a stress maker. Heh.

~MS

barbieh11
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by barbieh11 on Jul 30, 09 2:30 PM
I really like this game and I agree with some of the posters here.. it takes a decent memory to really play well. It is a good for the "brain" game

joloee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by joloee on Jul 31, 09 11:34 PM
I liked this game a lot, I notice when you first start, it allows you to choose easy or normal. I thought If I passed the game, it would allow me to play some "hard" level, or "expert", but that wasn't the case. I hope they come out with a part 2, with this option. Overall, pretty fun. And yes, lots of memorization of different sushi types. After playing for a while, makes me hungry for some sushi.

[Post New]by Lavenderstrawbry on Aug 2, 09 1:46 AM
I really wanted to like this game, I mean it had sushi in it, but I just didn't. I found it very boring and tedious, and not the tedious TM fans crave.

What killed it for me was that stupid conveyor belt. Even after I purchased all the upgrades it still went sooooooooo verrrrrrrry slow. Making the sushi was soooo easy then I just had to sit there and watch the sushi travel and wait for them to finish eating It. I honestly don't think there was much to this game in comparison to most TM games. Especially if you've ever played Cooking Dash, which is a fantastic example of what all TM's should try to be like. I loved the sushi idea of the game, but after that everything else fell short.

I suppose this may be good for someone who just wants a really slow TM. Unless of course you have trouble memorizing things, but with only 9 ingredients or so eventually you should get it.

Overall I was very dissappointed. Which is sad because I really wanted a cool sushi making TM game to play. I did however purchase the new Burger Shop, which rocked by the way. Hmmm...if only those game makers could make a sushi type game....

[Post New]by lostara_yil on Aug 5, 09 8:14 PM
I have played a slightly different version of this game on another games site for about a year (or more now). I really enjoyed it but the game ended just as it got interesting. I was so pleased to find the Youda version. It is slightly different but not much and will be much longer. Sounds like you can upgrade too fast which, if true, will be disappointing but I will download the trial version at some point to test that.

There is a bit of trick to this game which is you really have to memorise the recipes in order to make the sushi fast enough and that in order for everyone to get the correct meal you shouldn't remove plates until people at the end have their order. This helps make combos when you remove 3+ plates in a row as well (in the Youda version). Also making up the more basic combos ahead of time means people get their meals faster and you can concentrate on ordering.

Dude_E
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Dude_E on Aug 17, 09 5:21 AM
I like the game, but it quickly gets repetitive and has after all nothing really original: i've tested a few "restaurant" time management games, i dont see a great difference

In itself the game is good, but it's not very original compared to other games of the same genre...

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 12, 09 11:42 PM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
9 Bamboo sticks out of 10
This is one of the best Time Management games to come along in a LONG time. The graphics are nice and the people have a three dimensional feel. The music is appropriate and it has a nice feel. I am all about the feel and ambience of a game to take me away to another place. This game does that. And I HATE Sushi - any raw fish for that matter - ick! Have fun!
Unlike others, I found this very original in both style and graphics.

Edited on 10/12/2009 at 11:43:40 PM PST

[Post New]by heathermomo on Nov 14, 09 6:58 AM
At last! A time management game I can play! I'm useless at all these getting the girl to walk round the tables and clear up games. but creating recipes on demand - I can do that
Is there any more like this one?

Go to: