Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderland here!

[Post New]by cashlady2080 on Oct 16, 15 9:54 PM
too expensive, not enough reward don't start-addictive

JhnJcb
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by JhnJcb on Oct 19, 15 3:32 PM
This is a follow-up to my initial review.

I have to admit that I really want to give this game a good review because it is the sort of game I would love to spend hours and hours in. If it was a standard pay-up-front game, I'd definitely buy it. I enjoy quest games and hidden object games and this is both.

The main problems with this game are all related to the fact that it is a pay-for-play game. It is literally impossible to get anywhere past level 13 or so without shelling out at least a little money because EVERYTHING has to be paid for one way or another and you run out of energy long before you can collect everything needed.

In addition:

1) Each HOS levels up and requires more energy (and in a few case more of other items), plus you have to shell out gold to unlock each new scene (some require a quest there too)

2) The 3-4 places you can get bonus energy/gold/etc all REQUIRE you to upgrade to keep using them.

3) The sheer randomness of the reward drops means you end up basically either depending upon friends to keep you from repeating the same HOS's umpty-billion times to MAYBE get the few random drops you need or else you get fed up and...use your gold/rubies to buy what's needed (at exorbitant prices, which encourages you to pay real money to buy gold & rubies)

This, plus the only multi-player aspect of it is gifting people you've friended...but there is no interaction there other than you putting up a 2-4 item list of what you'd like and them responding...and even that is limited to 10 given gifts per day. You'd think they'd have a chat or PM functionality to encourage players to stay in the game longer while waiting for energy to build up, thereby playing more.

In short, IMO they really need to 1) add chat functionality, 2) remove the forced upgrade on bonus drops, 3) drop the prices on purchasing items in the store, 4) remove or raise the 10 gift limit, 5) speed up the regen time on energy by at least 50%, and 6) reduce the randomness of the drops. All of these really minor changes would go a long way to making this game more playable, keep people playing longer (and thereby addicting them to the point they'll pay more money to advance the play.

Remember, devs - in the longterm it's better to get a little money from a lot of people than a lot from a few because more people will stay and play the game. Too much money in one go and more people will balk and leave, as these reviews can attest.

Edited on 10/19/2015 at 3:35:43 PM PST

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Nov 4, 15 12:45 AM
Waste of my time-can only play 6 minutes or so at a time-items to find beyond level 18 are to small-drop rate for items to banish mobs very limited-not wasting any more real cash on this game

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Nov 4, 15 10:28 PM

Fed Up

[Post New]by difi1 on Nov 4, 15 10:07 PM
I wish I could help friends, but what they ask for I can't supply because I'm in the same search. Ask for simple items that can at least can be applied to a gift quest.
Rubies are impossible to collect anymore because the quest have become impossible and so redundant to find 1 item let alone 6 more in another category. Plus I have lost rubies and.. lol ..I don't even know how.?? Even if I had rubies they are wasted because if you purchase a curse/weapon/ etc. to solve the puzzle it might (will not) work the 1st time.
I have 3 activators that I have fulfilled the requirements and I activate one and loose the rest. Why?
I've lost the shelter, idol and now the energy refresher stand (whatever the stupid thing is) with half the coins to restore it and way not enough rubies to restore anything else.
I'm now left with begging and selling nails and hoping to collect enough coins to refresh my energy to go on with my moronic searches.
If the game producers are thinking that they will make any money off of me, they are sol. It would be wasted away just like the coins, rubies, activators, curses, etc. that I have already lost in this game. What makes them think that I'm actually going to pay money into a losing redundant, bang your head on the wall game.

Phayta
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by Phayta on Nov 11, 15 2:44 PM
I give Wanderland a 1 out of 5. There's a lot of potential here to be a fun to play game, but most of the time it's frustrating. Like other's have already mentioned: item drop rate is not consistent (I have 87 nails and I don't need them for most things), there are technical problems (I have three quest items I need to use and can't because they're stuck in the quest list), rewards for completing hidden-object-scenes are minimal (so are the rewards for quest completion and defeating enemies), response time to technical problems is very slow, gold and rubies may be used to purchase the items you need and you may spend real currency to get more gold and rubies, however you are not guaranteed that you may keep the gold or rubies you just purchased (i.e. more technical problems).

Furthermore, I'm a completionist and it sucks that I won't be able to complete this game (even if I did purchase more gold and rubies).

December 25, 2015:
This game is very item dependent and there are too many items to collect up front. If the developers did fix the item drop rate, there are too many items to really take notice. My quest items list problem wasn't fixed with the most recent update. So for three months now, I haven't been able to participate in the main objective of the game: fix fairy tale stories. I also picked up another glitch having to do with friend requests; I have 58 friends, but the achievement page has me listed at 96. I would really appreciate an option to start over, but that is disappointingly missing.

March 30, 2016 (Last revision):
After continued, but minimal play of this game after the December update and the March update, I must apologize for my previous and harsh reviews of this game. I didn't realize that this game is more akin to a slot machine or keno rather than a stand alone pc game. I hold this opinion because when I do spend money on this game, it doesn't go very far, as the majority of the items that are needed are over-priced and rare. As of this revision I have officially quit this never-ending gamble.

Edited on 03/30/2016 at 8:34:04 PM PST

[Post New]by ladyred37379 on Nov 16, 15 2:53 PM
I agree with almost every post. I'm stuck at level 19. I can't get anywhere the battles & searches don't drop what I need and I have played each one so many times I'm bored with the scenes.

Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Nov 17, 15 10:21 AM
Game costs to much to play and the devs can't keep up with players progress and we end up getting stuck far too long to hold my interest.

bunbury5
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bunbury5 on Nov 24, 15 9:45 AM
i am seeing a lot of complaints on here and it's really getting obnoxious! Please people! Every time you complain about something they fix it. you complained about the time it took and the travelling horseman was taken out. you complained because it took "real money" too many times to advance, so they fixed that. Keep this up and the game is going to end up going the route of Singing Monsters and Awakening Kingdoms when the developers can no longer keep up with your demands. Just take your time with it! Really it's not a race to see who can get furthest in the least amount of time! This is one of the more interesting games i've done on here and actually I'm only at level 32 in a year and a half. If you'd like to see this game progress you're going to have to back off on the demands or it's going to become no longer available.

[Post New]by PurpleThyme on Nov 25, 15 4:16 PM
I came to forum to say exactly what others are stating. Wanderland has great potential but the creators have become money hungry to the point that there is no moving in the story line. I too do not mind buying items to support a game but I can see already there is not satisfying this game. Too bad, the graphics are great and it had potential.

sweetssue
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by sweetssue on Nov 25, 15 5:26 PM
I agree with bunbury5. Quit complaining and enjoy playing the game. If it was too easy who would want to play, what would be the point?

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Nov 25, 15 9:33 PM
Perhaps more puzzles to solve between searches and quest to pacify the redundancy. Just a suggestion.

48tex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 48tex on Dec 6, 15 3:47 PM
Am having to re-write my problem as a review so maybe it can be read. When I updated to Windows 10, I had to re-download the Game Manager using my user ID of course. But then, I had no games. I visited the website and got the down load for the game. It started me from the beginning and I lost 26 levels, all my collections, all my potions, all my weapons, and ALL my friends.

HELP.

[Post New]by slimgin on Dec 9, 15 4:29 AM
I "WAS" totally addicted to this game (too much so) but since the last update, I find it too difficult. I simply cannot beat any of the timed modes. I like the idea of change as well as additional items but this is too much. Also I couldn't find a way to exit the game after I expunged all my energy, twice, to only beat one level (not in timed mode). I previously spent several hours a day on this game but will not be playing anymore until this is fixed.

[Post New]by slimgin on Dec 9, 15 4:31 AM
difi1 wrote:Perhaps more puzzles to solve between searches and quest to pacify the redundancy. Just a suggestion.

shepo1
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by shepo1 on Dec 9, 15 12:15 PM
what a waste of the update spoilt a good game no more money from me now think im done here till some changes are made use to play for a couple of hrs a day only been twice today but not played much because of waiting for mobs and hp that's gone very slow to fill now RUBBISH UPDATE

piemomnj
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by piemomnj on Dec 13, 15 6:05 AM
There are some good things in the new update, but why is the energy refill rate so slow now? I thought the devs idea was to keep you playing so you would spend money, now in a 12 hr period my energy refills to about 400? Can't play for more than 5-1o minutes now. Really?

jrnedraw
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jrnedraw on Dec 23, 15 11:20 AM
Need a relaxed game play and an easier exit button to find.

Too many things going on at same time. Why should I have to hunt for weapon more then once to kill skeleton's? I much like Awakening better, too bad they stopped this game.

I play games to relax not get stressed out.

Also, be warned if they don't make money on this game, they will stop supporting it like they did Awakening. So buy those gems and coins.

Edited on 12/23/2015 at 11:22:45 AM PST

J_T_2
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by J_T_2 on Dec 24, 15 5:45 PM
What I like: lovely graphics, fun (sometimes rather challenging) puzzles, sending and receiving friend gifts, nice twists on well-known fairy tales, "treasure hunts" for chests (a tip is to time your hunt to start when you're about to level up so you get more energy for the HOS and battles). Since last update, some battles no longer cost energy which is nice.

What I don't like: slower energy refill rate and most items are more expensive since last update, collections page also no longer shows what the awards are for activating any of the collections, low drop rates.

What I really don't like: having multiples of needed items but still having to search for them to meet the quest or exchange requirement. For example, I just opened up the mermaid rock and have 19 pearl seashells in my inventory--but not a single one registers for use when I click on her. Maddening!

Edited on 12/24/2015 at 5:51:35 PM PST

Mazz_BigM
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Mazz_BigM on Dec 25, 15 4:50 AM
many battles and HOS completed but rarely get what I Need when it says that I will get it. Uses all my energy and gives me nothing. Have upgraded the well etc but it gives me less now. Also game freezes when scenes completed.

Mazz_BigM
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Mazz_BigM on Dec 25, 15 4:54 AM
many battles and HOS completed but rarely get what I Need when it says that I will get it. Uses all my energy and gives me nothing. Have upgraded the well etc but it gives me less now. Also game freezes when scenes completed.

Go to: