Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Many Years Ago comments and reviews

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jul 17, 09 4:55 PM
I love this GAME!

[Post New]by Andriy_Pogribniy on Jul 17, 09 5:13 PM
Ruslaners wrote:Wow!!! Best of the Best! I really enjoyed it and am buying it.

Come on Ruslan, I'm sure you were "enjoying" this piece of boring junk enough during development and testing. You're the last man on Earth who will spend money for this.

Jennypenny wrote:I loved Virtual Villagers and Escape from Paradise, but this game was stupid and boring. The people are ridiculous. This game didn't even score one star.
Please Big Fish, give us another Virtual Villagers.

cr1kt wrote:Tsk Tsk Tsk big fish this game is way too short and predictable. You have wasted our time and money on this.I could have used my game credit for something else. I agree with others that there could have been another island and more stuff to do. Maybe next time.

Eisteepfirsich wrote:I found this game boring in the trial time. It`s not my cup of tea.
I give it only /

Jaboulka wrote:
krispug23 wrote:The game was fun. I liked how it was not real time but it did make the game short. I was able to beat it within a few hours. I was a little disappointed that there were not more challenges or more challenging.

I defintely agree with krispug23. Fun game, some nice ideas like people taking care of themselves, nice mini games and nice graphic too (babies are really cute! ).
However too short and too easy. Finished it in few hours and when I got the end I was disappointed.
That's my personal opinion.

I'm one of those people who did this game. I was responsible for 3D graphics and animation. What can I say, I'm quiet agree with you guys and gals, the game is not challenging, it's too easy and boring, in fact there's no balance at all. People from BFG and ERS who was responsible for gamedesign and game balancing may learn something from your comments.
P.S. this is of course, my own humble opinion, not the official one from development team.

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 9:16:30 PM PST

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jul 17, 09 8:36 PM
It is my kind of game!!!!! Happy gaming for those who like these sort of games!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Grandmother62 on Jul 17, 09 9:11 PM
Hi, I find this game better and more easy then Escape from Paradise 2! And I can't say that it is boring for me. I have fun by playing. So I think I'll buy it )

[Post New]by hoffsmith on Jul 18, 09 2:23 AM
It was fun while it lasted...SHORT!!!!!! It was such a knock off of so many other games but 10 times as short .....no guessing, no secret...anything...I am sorry I bought it..you probably could play the whole game in 60 minutes if you didnt do the tutorial

Edited on 07/18/2009 at 2:25:10 AM PST

jantea331
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Many Years Ago comments and reviews

[Post New]by jantea331 on Jul 18, 09 8:42 AM
Surprisingly I really like this game. I'm not usually into sim games. I tried Virtual Villagers but I kept forgetting to get the people food and water. I like that these people can fend for themselves and I just have to worry about the building and food gathering.

The demo was over before I realized I'd been playing for an hour. I immediately purchased the game.

I've really enjoyed playing this game and would recommend it.

[Post New]by sharonnelson75 on Jul 19, 09 11:50 AM
Completed the games in a couple of hours, found it a little borning, nothing much happens. Not one of the best games i've played

[Post New]by Linnythorn on Jul 19, 09 2:56 PM
I enjoyed this game, was fun and easy, but...... it was so short... i was left thinking....Is that it!!!!!! This was way too short, wish i hadnt spent one of my credits, naughty corner for you all at BFG.

MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Jul 19, 09 4:34 PM
I think this game is way to short and easy. I bought this game to finish it when it only took me an additional hour (after the free one) to finish. I need a refund or something it was just to short and easy!!!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jul 19, 09 6:04 PM
I like this game, To finish it took me 6 hours!

[Post New]by goode2236 on Jul 20, 09 7:19 PM
i really like this game it is fun except when i quit to return later i am not able to save it where i left off so every time i start back playing it i have to start from begining again.. also mid way through the game i also recieved access violation and it cut off. not sure what to do but i'd like to finish it - it was fun

Many Years Ago comments and reviews

[Post New]by zbatz7 on Jul 21, 09 7:18 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Here is what our reviewer thought of Many Years Ago. If you'd like to comment with what you thought of this game, please feel free to post them in this discussion thread.

Comments:
Many Years Ago is a strategy game in which players must take control of island natives in order to help them thrive. Villagers must gather food as well as materials for building shelters, storage units and temples. Villagers are, for the most part, pretty self-sufficient and don’t need a lot of watching beyond ensuring that they have food, so as long as they have what they need they’ll take care of themselves when the need arises. In a lot of cases, villagers can just be set to tasks and left alone, though some will wander off and will need to be put back on task after becoming distracted during a break. The mini-games are cute and are a great way to earn experience points for leveling up, as well as extra materials for your village. Unfortunately, there isn’t much that makes this game stand out from other stranded island strategy games, but the colorful artwork and ease of game play make this a great game for younger gamers and those that like to multitask between work and a fun, lighthearted distraction.

Genre:
This is primarily a strategy game with puzzle mini-games.

Game Modes:
Many Years Ago has a story mode and a mini-game mode. The mini-games are unlocked in story mode and can be played within the story mode or they can be played independently from the main menu.

Depth:
This has a total of 27 tasks and eight mini-games. The tasks are pretty straight-forward and are pretty quick to complete as long as the entire town is set to a task at almost all times. A determined gamer or one who does not take the time to play the mini-games could probably complete this game in one sitting.

Similar to:
Many Years Ago is much like other stranded island strategy games, such as <a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1651/escapefromparadise/index.html>Escape from Paradise</a> and <a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1059/virtualvillagers/index.html>Virtual Villagers</a>.

Difficulty level:
Many Years Ago is easy to understand, especially since every task is easily available and is very clear as to what the task involves.

Reviewed by E.G.

[Post New]by zbatz7 on Jul 21, 09 7:22 AM
I was disappointed with the game when it ended so soon. I thought there would be more to it. Graphics were great. The story had potential to go really far. It has no replay value for me. That is what I look for in a BFG.
Andriy_Pogribniy wrote:
Ruslaners wrote:Wow!!! Best of the Best! I really enjoyed it and am buying it.

Come on Ruslan, I'm sure you were "enjoying" this piece of boring junk enough during development and testing. You're the last man on Earth who will spend money for this.

Jennypenny wrote:I loved Virtual Villagers and Escape from Paradise, but this game was stupid and boring. The people are ridiculous. This game didn't even score one star.
Please Big Fish, give us another Virtual Villagers.

cr1kt wrote:Tsk Tsk Tsk big fish this game is way too short and predictable. You have wasted our time and money on this.I could have used my game credit for something else. I agree with others that there could have been another island and more stuff to do. Maybe next time.

Eisteepfirsich wrote:I found this game boring in the trial time. It`s not my cup of tea.
I give it only /

Jaboulka wrote:
krispug23 wrote:The game was fun. I liked how it was not real time but it did make the game short. I was able to beat it within a few hours. I was a little disappointed that there were not more challenges or more challenging.

I defintely agree with krispug23. Fun game, some nice ideas like people taking care of themselves, nice mini games and nice graphic too (babies are really cute! ).
However too short and too easy. Finished it in few hours and when I got the end I was disappointed.
That's my personal opinion.

I'm one of those people who did this game. I was responsible for 3D graphics and animation. What can I say, I'm quiet agree with you guys and gals, the game is not challenging, it's too easy and boring, in fact there's no balance at all. People from BFG and ERS who was responsible for gamedesign and game balancing may learn something from your comments.
P.S. this is of course, my own humble opinion, not the official one from development team.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jul 21, 09 8:30 AM
This is primarily a GOOD strategy game with puzzle mini-games. I love this game!!!!!!

zoey13
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zoey13 on Jul 21, 09 4:55 PM
I really want to be nice about this game, maybe for a 2 year old it would be age challenging. The graphics were good. That is the only nice thing I can say. It had potential maybe that's another nice thing I can say. I am really angry I wasted a credit on this very short, easy, boring game... oh sorry that's not nice.

Far too Short

[Post New]by kiddiez on Jul 21, 09 10:09 PM
If I knew the game was going to be so short I would never have purchased it. It is way too short and not enough to do. I thought maybe there would be more islands to explore or something. it only took a few hours to finish the entire game. It was almost as short as the demo. Total waste of money I think.

player84
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by player84 on Jul 22, 09 10:08 AM
Way too short, no challenge at all. After I learned how to move around and get people to work it only took about 4 hrs to play through the whole game. You do not have to build up skills to complete tasks, you do not get to choose the order of tasks completed. The game looks really nice, I just found it way too easy. I like the mini games but even those would be better if they got a little more challenging as you go through them. It was just too simple for me, I like a bit of a challenge.

[Post New]by butterflytiger on Jul 22, 09 11:44 AM
Like the game play overall but it was a huge disappointment as it only took a couple of hours to beat completely. I love these kinds of games and am upset that I got this one. I wish I had chosen something else.

[Post New]by Belladreams on Jul 24, 09 2:58 PM
Um this may not be the right place, but to a hard core VV fan and one whom thought my tribe was cute is this a good game? Did you guys find it to be to easy? As in maybe a step back from it or do you believe it holds its own?
Thanks ahead of time bella

[Post New]by Belladreams on Jul 24, 09 3:02 PM
player84 wrote:Way too short, no challenge at all. After I learned how to move around and get people to work it only took about 4 hrs to play through the whole game. You do not have to build up skills to complete tasks, you do not get to choose the order of tasks completed. The game looks really nice, I just found it way too easy. I like the mini games but even those would be better if they got a little more challenging as you go through them. It was just too simple for me, I like a bit of a challenge.

Thank the Gods i read your post before i got this game i figured as much and would have been upset with myself even if its just wasting 6.99 Thanks hun

Go to: