Re:Burning Eyes and Lantern Placement

[Post New]by margiejo on Jul 21, 09 6:30 AM
I have the same problem after placing lantern in left eye I havent got another to place in right eye...now what????

[Post New]by DisneyKaren on Jul 21, 09 7:52 AM
I have contacted Tech Support about this problem and am awaiting a reply, will post their reply on here as soon as I get it.

[Post New]by ValGo1 on Jul 21, 09 3:05 PM
I've tried many many times to get the lanterns in the eyes and re-started the game at least five times with NO results -- very frustrating and I think it must be a glitch in the game. Valgo1

KandyF
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KandyF on Jul 21, 09 4:50 PM
Same here. Right eye lit first. Geez. Does someone actually play these games before? Rhetorical question. But how can this happen to so many of us and it not happen in beta test?

[Post New]by didyuc on Jul 21, 09 5:12 PM
i am also having the same problem with the missing lantern. this is the second game i have problems with. any one knows what is goin on please let us know.

[Post New]by goldenpixie1 on Jul 22, 09 7:47 AM
Bumping this up in hopes that we'll get a patch to fix this game since we all seem to be running into a glitch at the same place.

[Post New]by DisneyKaren on Jul 22, 09 2:50 PM
Ok, I had this reply from Tech Support and thought I would share it with you :-

I had recently played through this game myself and this confused me as well. While there is only one inventory slot that shows the lantern, as soon as you place one, the other lantern should show up in the exact same spot.

The two lanterns should be stacked on top of each other in the inventory. If you don't see another lantern come up under the first lantern that you place in the eye, there may be some sort of strange game compatibility issues that certain computers are having.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't see this other lantern showing up and I have gone through the game to this stage twice now so I am going to ask for a game credit, I am not going through it a third time.

[Post New]by peggy1961 on Jul 22, 09 3:50 PM
I can't get the eyes to burn with the torch. I held the torch over the spots and moved slowly over them but the hand did not turn blue after holding and moving for several minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by summer2006 on Jul 23, 09 6:12 PM
I am having the same problem. Found both laterns but only had one to use on lighting up the eyes. I am not going to start this game over. I do not like to play the same game over and over. If a fix is not found soon I am going to ask for a credit, although I would like to finish this game.

JAhroni
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by JAhroni on Jul 24, 09 3:27 PM
I have the same problem: I only have one lantern.

It's a shame to have to quit here and playing the whole game over is not really a good solution.

Aksel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Aksel on Jul 25, 09 12:59 PM
Linde36 wrote:I have the exact same problem! The first lantern went into the LEFT eye socket fine....then the second lantern simply vanished! It isn't in the tool box. It is nowhere to be found!

*** Is there a fix for this that doesn't require the ENTIRE game to be replayed up to this point? *** That would be maddening. I think that I'll just put this game on "hold" until a solution can be worked out.

I'm sorry that we are all having this problem. Perhaps the techno folks at Big Fish can look into this???

Thanks

[Post New]by GrammyJody1 on Jul 26, 09 11:42 AM
I just got thru the eyes problem. Tried like I read here and it worked for me. I moved the burning torch SLOWLY over the left eye socket. When the bony hand turned blue both eyes burned out. Then I placed 1 lantern in the left eye then the right eye. Everything worked. I figure I got VERY lucky. Only thing I can say is keep trying. I did find out throwing both my cats at the screen DID NOT help. Wish everyone good luck.

[Post New]by MaryT4 on Jul 27, 09 12:23 PM
After placing the lantern in the right eye socket, I went back for the other one just to find that it was gone. Obviously a problem with the game. Seems to me that tech support should help with this, since so many of us are having the same problem.

[Post New]by puterdunce on Jul 27, 09 8:17 PM
Having same problem with lantern not being there, find tech support response very lame since so many having same problem, there are too many different people having the same problem to blame it on certain computers.l

[Post New]by gma1960 on Jul 28, 09 7:29 PM
I am so glad that I am not the only one having this problem. I only have one lantern which I placed in the right eye now what?

chessiegirl
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by chessiegirl on Jul 30, 09 7:52 PM
Okay I had found both my lanterns burned out the eyes and put one lantern in and went to put the other in and it wasn't in my tools.now I don't have any lanterns left. There is not one in the scene I found them both and put them in my tools but when I went to put the lantern in the other eye it was gone. . What happened? Crowhint flys to the eye not to a leftover lantern It was found HELP!

[Post New]by MarilynKelley on Jul 30, 09 10:09 PM
I had the lantern and burning eyes problem. My 2nd lantern disappeared and I started over. The next time I played the whole scene, got the lanterns lit the eyes and played the entire scenario successfully to the end and into the next storyline. The next day I got a message re: a corrupted file being deleted the game returned to the skull and burning eyes "the lantern again was gone.......? Under same name too. Help

Edited on 07/30/2009 at 10:17:06 PM PST

chessiegirl
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by chessiegirl on Jul 31, 09 6:29 PM
Thanks MISSDOLLY 1521 I went back and played it slow in that section and placed the left eye lantern first and all went well. All and all loved this game!

[Post New]by Rebeckydahun on Aug 2, 09 10:18 AM
Strangely enough I did not have even a minimal problem with setting up the burning eyes and lantern, but I have worked and worked at trying to figure out what in the world I'm supposed to do with the big cog and the spool!!!

Does anyone have a hint on this one?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rebeckydahun

[Post New]by MarilynKelley on Aug 2, 09 8:18 PM
MarilynKelley wrote:I had the lantern and burning eyes problem. My 2nd lantern disappeared and I started over. The next time I played the whole scene, got the lanterns lit the eyes and played the entire scenario successfully to the end and into the next storyline. The next day I got a message re: a corrupted file being deleted the game returned to the skull and burning eyes "the lantern again was gone.......? Under same name too. Help

Go to: