FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Pure hidden - new **** game

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jul 19, 09 10:16 AM
Played for over 30 minutes. Deleted it. Typical hidden object game, nothing that's special about it. I'd rather play Mae Q' West and I deleted that game because of it's bugs. Some objects huge other objects so tiny you need a magifying glass just to see them. Some objects hidden not even on the screen, but in the dark corners where all you see is a tiny piece of it and can't tell what it is. The hint system is worthless, the most worthless one I've ever seen. I'm with those above hated it.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 19, 09 10:20 AM
The name Pure Hidden suggests it is a straight HOG?

Not particularly interested in those as I own enough to sink a ship already so probably pass on this game.

frummy
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by frummy on Jul 19, 09 11:33 AM
Played two levels and hated it. Have already deleted it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 19, 09 2:12 PM
Well, duh. Now that I have had sleep and my coffee, I get it, lol. Downloading trial now. I am surely in hog heaven this week.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 19, 09 2:21 PM
It's not a straight HOG because there are other types of games, but they aren't very difficult.

I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. I got kind of tired of finding objects, but I could tell that they really tried to be innovative and bring in a mixture of types of games. I didn't have a problem with objects being on the edge. The black & white scene and the grafitti wall scene were interesting, with objects that were difficult for me to find.

I got as far as the "find the star" game in one hour, so I don't think the game would last 8 hours. You do have to use your intuition to figure things out sometimes, as with the find the star game. There was a targeting site as part of the game, and so I decided to click on something to see what happened because I couldn't find the hidden star. It starting destroying the objects I aimed at, and I finally got down to the lowest level and found the star.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jul 19, 09 2:25 PM
I played the entire demo so it interested me enough to do that. However, this is one of those games that I can't decide if I really like it enough to buy it. I didn't get too far in it. I tried not to use hints and only got a little ways past Super Hidden...the one with the comic like pictures and the super hero. So I didn't get get very far at all.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 19, 09 2:33 PM
i also beta'd this one and i didn't like it at all

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Jul 19, 09 3:30 PM
some of the segments have very bizarre backdrops which make finding the objects a challenge, while others are very mundane. If you just like to find things this game might be just the thing you want. I have become much more interested in the games that force you to think or demand that you complete a certain puzzle before being allowed to continue.

BFG doesn't want us naming other websites so I will be a bit cryptic. If you log onto a site ( 2 words ) the first is a place where in the old days you could play games for a penny and the second is a word for a small city. If you get there you can play the entire game if you don't die of boredom since there is no hour time limit.

As to a purchase, I'll pass on this one but surely other fish will find it delightful

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 19, 09 4:32 PM
TeresaRollen wrote:I can't figure out the hint system. I clicked on something and a circle come up. Anyone know how this works? Also, is this untimed. I notice it counting how much time I take but I don't know if you only have a certain amount of time.

Hints:
There is a pink star in the lower left corner that is the hint button. Click on that star and then click on an object in the list. Then a big pink circle will appear where the object on the list is located. The item will be in the center of the pink circle. The hint star button recharges in about 10 seconds, so it is very fast and the hints are unlimited.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 07/19/2009 at 4:34:12 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 19, 09 4:56 PM
I love it. It is a very pleasant game that you can relax and enjoy and also be surprised by the variety of the different game styles and the different styles of the scenes. It also has games and puzzles, some find the differences, and well hidden items in the HOG scenes.

I doesn't seem to have any scary, bloody or offensive scenes. I think it would be a great game to play with your children. I find it a very entertaining way to spend a rainy day.

If you are looking for something different and not boring, I think this game fits the bill. I think it's cool.

Happy gaming!

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Jul 19, 09 5:15 PM
NO! llstjohn I had no idea so kept on reading

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 19, 09 7:21 PM
I think I will just keep this one in mind for a rainy day.........didn't really grab me, but I will play it another time.......finished Poe and now I am at the zoo.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 19, 09 11:12 PM
Beta'd this one, plus Marooned and Lost Inca Prophecy over at RA.

It is a very interesting take on the HOG genre, with a few little minigames of no real difficulty. BUT. And for me it's a big one. If your eyes are bad, fergidaboutit. The items were very well hidden, and some of the scenes were downright garish, which was very hard on my eyes. At least you don't have to find every item to move to the next level, but I tried to find them all. I did use hints, too. Some are pretty standard type scenes, but others are very busy and distracting.

I played for about 45 minutes, and had to quit, as my eyes were burning, LOL. Then I tried Marooned, which is a HOG/adventure. I really like that one, and will probably buy when it comes out. Inca Prophecy reminded me of relic hunt. It was an IHOG that basically showed you all the answers. Why bother to put in puzzles at all???

At least there are some developers out there, though, that are trying to do different things with the HOG genre.

OH! and if you like puzzles, there is a cute little game over at S-wave that is to play online. It is short, but sweet. It's called "Little Wheel", and it will take about a half hour to play through at most. It is a logic/puzzle game, where you have to guide the robot to restore power to his city. Little circles appear where you are to do actions, but it isn't always as simple as it seems. The last scene actually took me a while to figure out, but you can get there by trial and error.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Jul 19, 09 11:19 PM
Loved this one. Thanks for the heads up.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 19, 09 11:53 PM
Thanks for your opinion on "Marooned" Phatkat. I have seen that as Coming Soon for a while and thought it looked interesting so will give that a go for sure- I see it advertised now as a trilogy.. and win $10,000 Being overseas probably not something I can enter though but was curious what it was about.

Sounds like Pure Hidden is a game you have to try to see if it suits you from the mixed reports here... I had not heard of the Inca Prophecy but if it is like Relic Hunt then probably will give it a miss.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 23, 09 12:12 AM
Finished the demos this evening.

Inca Prophecy actually is more like Jewel Quest Mysteries. Lots of match 3 action, but interestingly, they give you a "game mechanics" interface where you can change how the game plays, which gives a lot of replay value. You can do the swap stones, or group stones, or pathway stones, and you can tweak how they work as well. You can make it hard or easy, LOL. I played through level 10, and looked like I had barely scratched the surface. I doubt I buy it, as M3's are not high on my list, but if it goes on sale...

Pure Hidden. Well. The last level I got to was a scene in black and white, but it was like a high-contrast negative. OMG! Instead of calling this game Pure Hidden they should have called it Pure Eyestrain!

Ah, but Marooned... GREAT game! Yes, RA says it is #1 in a trilogy, and it has a very interesting storyline. The play is not overly difficult, but you have to find things in one scene to use in another, and some things are a bit challenging to figure out. It's sort of RTR meets Mysterious Island, LOL. I suppose BFG will not be getting it, as GH is the developer, and RA is no doubt going to have an exclusive on it. Since I have credits at GH I hope it comes out there first!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 23, 09 1:26 AM
Just saw the release date for Marooned: July 29

The next Little Shop will be Sept 9, and Mortimer is just listed as "Fall" 2009.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 23, 09 1:38 AM
I have the 29th circled for Marooned- my game credit comes today I think for GH so that fits in nicely LOL

Mortimer. Mortimer- Come on Down!!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 23, 09 2:44 AM
i also beta'd inca prophecies and marooned i can't wait for them to come out inca prophecies is different it is in a way similiar to jewel quest but you have to find pieces of objects and then put them in their correct place each chapter has about 10 or so levels i was still in chapter 1 when my hour was up. i will definitely be getting this when it comes out.

marooned all i can say is excellent game as phatkat said it is a trilogy very nicely done. will definitely be getting this one as well

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 23, 09 7:47 AM
Oh, I loved the first two Mortimer Beckett games. I wish had gotten those. I thought they were great. I'm looking forward to a new HOG that gives me a lot of gameplay. I keep finishing them all within a day!!

Go to: