hope4peace
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Brownies here.

[Post New]by hope4peace on Jul 16, 15 4:41 PM
Have played several times now, and EVERY time I push the "quit" button, the game freezes. The mouse still works, and in task manager it says brownies is running, but, game just won't 'quit' !! I have PC running windows 9.

[Post New]by larnie on Jul 16, 15 4:59 PM
I reinstalled the game when it wouldnt start.
I'm having trouble opening the game. It goes to Recent Activity Game.
Also getting error 809?(not sure thats the right number but I did find it) I followed the directions in help pages, didnt make any difference.
When it is open it works fine.
This is second TM game in a row that is faulty and New TM games are too scarce these days.
Im running Windows Home Vista on PC. All other games are working fine.

[Post New]by flip25 on Jul 16, 15 7:06 PM
I have windows 7, sometimes the game won't start, but now I realize it also doesn't save. It save my game play from the first time I tried it, but now that I bought it, whenever I open it, it goes back to level 3. I uninstalled and reinstalled and also deleted that player, but it still reloads with the same player and level 3. Cant save anything past that level

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 16, 15 9:26 PM
Am using Windows 8 and at a certain point (sorry IDK when, but not sure that it even matters at this point, as the game seems to be in need of a total update) the whole game just heats up, boils over & detonates, sending debris & shrapnel flying across the room whilst dragging my computer its fiery, screaming death. Because the game feels that if it cant live, nobody can.

That may be a slight exaggeration. It does freeze up the whole system & is extremely hard to exit out of once this happens.

nekosteph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by nekosteph on Jul 17, 15 12:17 AM
Level 3-5, can't get the necessary third worker because the bead is beyond reach. The cursor won't go beyond a certain point and the bead is outside that point. When I try to click on the bead the screen freezes. Using Windows 7.

[Post New]by SignerGal60 on Jul 17, 15 9:42 AM
Have installed twice, when game loads I get a flash of white screen then I hear the music/sound effects but have a TOTALLY BLACK SCREEN.

Have to Ctrl Alt Del to exit the game.

Please fix this, I've been waiting for a TM game for weeks.........

Running Windows Vista

Zilla1963
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Zilla1963 on Jul 17, 15 11:51 AM
Same issue as others. The game freezes when I click on Quit, and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit the game. Running Windows Vista 64-bit.

[Post New]by bellablue70 on Jul 17, 15 10:37 PM
Hi again... So I finally got this game running and played up to level 5 and now the game won't open! I uninstalled it then reinstalled it and it still won't play. I'm getting frustrated so if anyone has any helpful tips PLEASE let me know. Playing on Laptop Windows 7.
Thanks

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Jul 18, 15 12:04 AM
I downloaded the game and when I opened it, Comodo pounced on a Trojan. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, Comodo put something else in the sandbox, and the game doesn't run. I just get the Game Manager screen thanking me for playing it and telling me time is running out.
I am using Windows 8.1.

Keeps putting me back

[Post New]by cstotts1 on Jul 18, 15 2:24 PM
Even though I progress passed level 2.2 , everytime I log in I'm back at that level . Help?

nekosteph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by nekosteph on Jul 19, 15 1:02 AM
I see several posts here with the same problem I'm having in quitting the game and on restarting it starts at a level I've already played and got gold on. I was up to level 5 and on restarting it put me at level 3.

I haven't seen any response to these posts or to addressing the problem. It's frustrating to have to start at level 3 each day I play. I've done level 3 and 4 multiple times now and would like to progress to other levels without having to replay everything. Please fix this!!!!

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Jul 19, 15 4:25 AM
having the same problems as the other fishies. I have windows 7 on pc. have tried repeatedly to play game and get code 809. please fix as I really like this game.

afigluiz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

3/4 skewed screen

[Post New]by afigluiz on Jul 19, 15 3:51 PM
I played the demo of this game (downloaded from not bigfishgame site) played, loved. it was super unique. refuse to pay their prices (but games tend to come out earlier on their site). downloaded the trial from big fish games and played. love it. super unique.

had a free non collector edition game token to use up. bought this game. game opened, remembered me- but opened in a miniature window, changing my display settings, could see the whole desktop and it was still in windowed mode. (my monitor is 32" and the game was playing in about 3x4" of space. but that wasn't the worst. the worst was it was off centered. so it changed all of my settings and then was off. really? what happened.

had to do several force closes, had to manually change monitor settings, still no fix. please help.

windows 8.1 (I more than meet the requirements, this is not the first game that plays in skewed window mode, its just that other game came out 5 years ago (I just love playing it so keep resetting and replaying, but no longer play since it is skewed). thanks for suggestions.

drreid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by drreid on Jul 19, 15 4:14 PM
I finished the first three rooms (the bottom floor of the house), yet when I reload, it makes me play the garage again? I did the level again, completed the next level, which is the first level on the second floor, exited, and when I reloaded, I'm back to an empty garage?

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Game will not launch

[Post New]by vannojo on Jul 20, 15 1:18 PM
Like other gamers, I got a missing file message upon loading Brownies. When I hit on the icon, nothing happens. I notified tech support. They sent me a code to get another game. I appreciate the gesture, but I'm still bummed out that I couldn't get to play the game. Judging by the above, this game has problems, and I am assuming that BF has notified the developer. I would assume that the sales lost is not insignificant. How will those of us who could not play the game know, should a patch be developed?

gskremser
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by gskremser on Jul 20, 15 1:50 PM
I'm having this issue with Brownies as well:
drreid wrote:I finished the first three rooms (the bottom floor of the house), yet when I reload, it makes me play the garage again? I did the level again, completed the next level, which is the first level on the second floor, exited, and when I reloaded, I'm back to an empty garage?

I sure hope to hear back from Big Fish soon about this. If they can't "fix" it, I'm hoping they'll offer reimbursement (or a game credit). So frustrating because I really like playing this game--but not enough to have to keep replaying the garage level and onward over and over again.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Jul 20, 15 2:18 PM
Although I love this game and it's a lot of fun (yes, I bought it. I, too, have been waiting weeks for a good TM) it's definitely a glitchy game. Any chance of getting the devs to issue a fix??? Every time I exit I have to ctrl-alt-del which means the replayability (is that a word? ) is less than other games. I replay certain favorite games a lot but if I have to reboot every time I exit this game that is going to be a problem. (a friend is also having the identical problem) I have vista and nothing I've done changes anything, drivers and video card all up to date and none of the helpful hints make a difference. It's too bad, it's a really cute, fun game!

Edited on 07/20/2015 at 2:20:07 PM PST

[Post New]by jlseaback on Jul 20, 15 4:39 PM
Will not even load on my computer. Have installed and uninstalled several times..keep getting error message . Windows Verson 7

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Jul 21, 15 7:37 AM
I'm having the same problems, when I open the game, it always starts at the same level, even though I was WAY past that. It's really a cute game, so I didn't mind doing that a couple of times, but now it's just getting frustrating. Playing on a new gamer pc, with windows 7.

airbrake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by airbrake on Jul 22, 15 2:08 AM
Game crashes constantly. Have re-installed and no fix. Have re-installed game Manager and game still crashes. Game is nice but very unstable.

Go to: