sharieanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum

[Post New]by sharieanne on Sep 2, 09 10:32 PM
HELP, I'm stuck trying to find the box with the coded journal, can't find the W, any help would be wonderful

sharieanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sharieanne on Sep 2, 09 10:34 PM
HELP, I'm stuck trying to find the box with the coded journal, can't find the W, any help would be wonderful

suzienz
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by suzienz on Sep 4, 09 1:56 AM
I can't seem to find anything around the sunken ship to the SE of the island! Am I looking for an iron chest? I wonder if I can refill my dive tank because I get the feeling I'm going to need it more than once!

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Sep 5, 09 9:36 AM
sharieanne wrote:HELP, I'm stuck trying to find the box with the coded journal, can't find the W, any help would be wonderful

Walk to the left on the sandy area see 4 coconut trees that form a big " W "

Then S 3 paces , then w 3 n 9, w 9, n 2, w 3, s 15, w 4, s 6, e 12, n 5, e 6, s 4, e 8, then n 2 ( after east 8 there should be 2 coconut trees ) or cheat and there are 4 sets of 2 coconut trees and N2 from one of them is the cache click and dig in the space in front of Drew inside the box is the coded the journal.

Edited on 09/05/2009 at 9:37:53 AM PST

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Sep 5, 09 9:53 AM
I wish the writers in ND would get rid of or at least place a skip stupid cheesy arcade type dumb games of killing bugs, playing with stupid monkeys, these random chance stupid games are painful on laptop mouses and cursor games and are better designed for a joystick application, which cannot be activated on point and click games. These games are at best tedious and most of the time frustrating and simply ruin the adventure, supposed to be knowledge and skills game , time allowances are too short and one ends up saving the game numerous times at various points just to beat the stupid arcade games ,, how 3 tries and give me the stupid object so I can move on.. Getting the stupid compass was about 35 tries on a bumpy flight using a laptop mouse with the settings set at max and feathered touch to absolute lightest.. this part is no longer fun it is downright tedious and at best painful.. Sometimes I wonder why I buy Nancy drew because , I sure know there will be one or 2 or several stupid arcade games in these so called adventure and supposed to make the brain work games.. Gets real tedious finding sheep, killing bugs, etc, it is way more intriguing to find the trip objects and the clues and follow the story line..So my personal message to the writers is simply grow up get rid of the arcade games and concentrate on the original books by Mckeon or however she spelled her name.. Same with the hardy boys FW Dixon would not have dreamed of frank and Joe tossing plates at monkeys,, maybe a timed undo ropes or something or mazes timed but be fair and do not make it so tedious.. These are supposed to be entertainment not lessons in futility and frustration. I am sure many people just give up and never finish the games. sad they are very well done , most of them and some are quite difficult but take the stupid timed arcade games out!!!!!

suzienz
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by suzienz on Sep 6, 09 3:36 AM
Well now I played with monkeys, filled the dive tank, got the metal detector and have searched high and low for the treasure. The metal detector goes crazy but I can't get Nancy to dig! Any help would be much appreciated!

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Sep 6, 09 11:45 AM
To continue, personally I think the whole game glichey, I had to go back and forth about 50 times to get johnny to respond to a metal detector,, played those retarded tedious monkeys a zillion tiresome times ,, Restarted and loaded a new game 5 times, the dive part took about 20 tries to finally get the stupid cow to dig, but found the stupid egg over by the sharks, sailed around the island about fifty times to get the last bottle, filled the air tanks about 50 times to finally get the silly cow to dig,, back and forth back and forth , re try retry , re try ,, go over and over and over the same ground trying to get the game to trip, Talked to that stupid bird a dozen times to get hints all to no avail,, talk to johnny, go to reef, talk to johnny, go to reef,, drive the stupid cart all over the place for endless times to get the game to trip.. These are not games of fun, they become tedious,, stupid arcade games.. Like I said before the idiot writers should get rid of these stupid arcade games and concentrate on puzzles and maybe some sort of detective thinking.. The trips in this game suck, they are tedious, tiring and really not fun at all.. It was a joy to finish the stupid thing and after 20 of these odd ND games ,, each one hoping the writers would listen to the people who buy them as games sites all over the place as well as critics really criticize these arcade games in Nancy Drew games..I will say one thing,, this is officially the last ND game I buy,, they do not get better they get more tedious, not to mention frustrating,, chasing snowmobiles for hours, catching sheep over and over and over, bouncing across rocks in caves, going round and round on a stupid merrygo round to get a dumb ring... These are tedious... and not designed for mouse pads, maybe joysticks but these are not adaptable to these games..Very tired of Nancy drew games

[Post New]by sunshinebest on Sep 9, 09 12:16 PM
Anyone know where to land on Dove island?

[Post New]by helppppppmeeeee on Sep 11, 09 1:23 PM
i really want to buy the game but i dont want the Big Fish Games Club thing for 6.99 id rather spend regular price? Is that Possible

[Post New]by noone6 on Sep 15, 09 2:21 PM
ldocd wrote:Is there a walk thru for this game ??????

[Post New]by 2bonnie on Sep 20, 09 8:34 AM
patriciae1354 wrote:I can't seem to get into the closet. I have tried all the buttons and get as far as one left and then it turns others off = Can some one help me please. It is quite frustrating.

how do you get into the closet?

hftablv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hftablv on Sep 28, 09 6:54 AM
I have decided I'm not able to use the directional compass when sailing but I have managed to adapt. Glad I accidently ran into dove island (ran into it several times before but thought I had just gone back to resort island, the palm trees and different colored sand are the only clue I've found to tell them apart.)

I'm stuck trying to find the conch shell and the Octopus cave, I've read the walkthrough but when I dive in and go left I never Immediately "see" a conch shell. Any help would be appreciated.
Lorrie

hftablv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hftablv on Sep 28, 09 8:15 PM
noone6 wrote:

Hi, the walkthrough is at gameboomers.com

hftablv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hftablv on Sep 28, 09 8:20 PM
2bonnie wrote:
patriciae1354 wrote:I can't seem to get into the closet. I have tried all the buttons and get as far as one left and then it turns others off = Can some one help me please. It is quite frustrating.

how do you get into the closet?

Hi to get in press 5, 15, 25, 10, 5, 22, 21, and then 7
hope this helps
Lorrie

Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum

[Post New]by szoszivirag on Nov 13, 09 10:55 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

after I spent counless of hours with the monkeys finally got to the sailing part but here after few second sailing my computer crushing.Tried several times, did all upgrate I could, but still turning off.
I would appreciate any suggestion whats is wrong with it.

[Post New]by mendozal45 on Nov 29, 09 8:13 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by bjennings on Dec 7, 09 6:42 PM

hobokin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

cliff bats

[Post New]by hobokin on Dec 19, 09 9:35 AM
i cant seem to get the ray of light that the walkthrough says will come up. how do your do this. i have identified all the bats.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 19, 09 11:39 AM
You have to be inside the cave of bats at 16kHz. For that to work you have to decipher the text in the journal (gargantuan ears) and read the bat info in the display.

[Post New]by sweetness70 on Jan 4, 10 2:54 PM

this game is the worst of nancy drew ones so far, i have only done 4 of hers but hate this one, such a waste of time and effort.. does anyone know of any good games like nancy's ones please?

Go to: