Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by deedee82 on Jul 20, 15 12:42 PM
Hi, I finished playing the demo and then purchased the game. Now it won't let me go any further each time I go into the game it says thanks for playing the demo. I have restarted my computer thinking that might reset it but same thing comes up. I am using windows 7.

Solved this myself, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again. Problem solved.

Edited on 07/20/2015 at 1:35:31 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by carolkazoo on Jul 20, 15 8:07 PM
I am running Windows 8. I just bought and started to play it. I got to the portal and have the puzzle to solve with the blue and reds stars. I can not get the red stars to move so I can light the blue stars. I have downloaded, deleted and downloaded the game a second time with no change. How can I fix this issue?

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Jul 21, 15 10:17 AM
swedane wrote:After getting the gas canister in the Tech Area, I wasn't able retrieve the metal coil. With that, the hint system quit working.

Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit

Same here. Really don't want to start the game over.

[Post New]by Duztoff on Jul 21, 15 10:48 AM
pamra wrote:
swedane wrote:After getting the gas canister in the Tech Area, I wasn't able retrieve the metal coil. With that, the hint system quit working.

Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit

Same here...Same here... These glitchy games are getting to be ridiculous! WTF are we paying for? Frustration???

[Post New]by Da_Wordmama on Jul 21, 15 4:16 PM
I'm having the same problem with the spring many others have referenced. I'm playing a new game and will try changing the order of actions to see if that helps. Shame you didn't catch this bug before it was published, but that's life. I'm running Windows Vista.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Jul 21, 15 5:09 PM
Another defective game I cannot finish. I've lost count how many.

Windows7 professional 64 bit. Brand new, custom ordered, and everything up to date. NOT my puter...it's the game.

Same problem as so many others....can't get the spring, no hints, just plain stuck.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 21, 15 11:13 PM

Re: Chapter 4 :: "The Tech District"
~ No Spring
~ No Hint
~ No Advance
~ de Nada ~

Current Inventory:
Broken Gear; Magic Chalk (1); Copper Amulet

Please do Not tell me to Re-Start a Glitched/Broken(?) Game

My PC Specs
ACPI x 64 based PC
Win 7 Home Premium
Dell Inspiron 560
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 Ghz & 3.20 Ghz
6GB Ram
64 Bit OS
Invidia GeForce GT520
Dell ST2321L Flat Screen Monitor
1920x1080 Pixel Resolution 23" LCD Display
Running Google Chrome
Kept Scrubbed & Updated

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jul 22, 15 10:18 PM
At the end of main game just before confrontation, game froze. Uninstalled/reinstalled. Was able to go back to that place. Loooooong pause before it opened. Lost ALL of my achievements.
Played bonus game, got some ruins, finished the game. Not even showing the achievements I just got in the bonus game.

Uninstalled/reinstalled again. Still no achievements. Do I have to play the game completely over again??

Windows XP.

Pashta
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Pashta on Jul 23, 15 11:59 AM
I am playing on Windows 7 64 bit. I had the problem someone else mentioned with the blue ink not showing up in the inventory in the HOP, but after I exited it and re-entered it worked.

However, I beat the game and wanted to play the HOPs in the "extras" menu and they are BUGGED LIKE CRAZY! They didn't work at all until I restarted the entire game, then they worked but it didn't exit once I found all the items in the first HOP!

Very aggravating!

distantsmoke
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by distantsmoke on Jul 25, 15 10:16 AM

Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit

I have the same exact problem. There is also another thread with 8 other people who have this problem in the main forum for this game.

[Post New]by 2manypurrs on Jul 25, 15 1:22 PM
Cannot get spring. Hint isn't working. I'm apparently not the only one. Must fix.

[Post New]by random64 on Jul 25, 15 8:20 PM
After getting the gas canister in the Tech Area, I wasn't able retrieve the metal coil. With that, the hint system quit working.

Same. Windows 7 - 64 bit

[Post New]by Noneyabiz on Jul 26, 15 8:37 PM
pamra wrote:

Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 bit

Ditto. I will check back in a month. If it is not fixed, I will just avoid the makers other games.

[Post New]by kchredsox on Jul 27, 15 5:16 PM
I bought the collectors addition and there is no button or option to access the bonus material

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Jul 27, 15 9:57 PM
I've run into only one glitch so far, but it was frustrating. In the intro, the game of moving the stars to open the portal stuck. Nothing else froze. But the cursor remained an inert pointer on all parts of the game, and never formed a hand to let me drag the stars, lines or any symbols on the framed that might be switches in any way in any direction. I had to skip the game to get thru the portal. So far, everything else is working fine. (Haven't gotten to the difficult Tech world yet.)

Am I missing something on how the game works?

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Jul 28, 15 10:52 AM
kchredsox wrote:I bought the collectors addition and there is no button or option to access the bonus material

In the main menu, click Extras. The bonus game is locked (chains and padlock actually ) until you finish the main game.

[Post New]by katiejean53 on Jul 28, 15 3:14 PM
Near end of game. Engine is fully charged on sky tram.
Yet when i pull the lever it tells me to check the engine.
All i have in inventory is uncharged amplifier. Same problem here.
Windows XP

[Post New]by chez41 on Jul 28, 15 10:14 PM
I've got the same problem with the spring. Stopped all hints too.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jul 29, 15 10:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that many of you are experiencing the same issue with getting the spring/coil near the gas canister. Since it looks like many of you are experiencing this issue, I'll make sure that this is escalated to the appropriate team.

In addition, it would be helpful if you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. This will help us to gather the information we need to pass along to the developer regarding this issue. It may also aid our Reps with recommending troubleshooting steps that might help even if you are experiencing a different issue.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Fizzio on Aug 1, 15 7:15 AM
Using windows 7 operating system - problem obtaining missing spring in Tech District. Gas canisters where the spring is supposed to be is a dead area so unable to access the spring. Unable to continue in this game which I have purchased. Unless fixed this is a waste of money.

Would like glitch fixed, preferably without my having to restart the game from scratch, if unable to fix then I would like a full refund.

Go to: