General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Re:tournamnent

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 21, 15 12:51 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
General_hobojoe wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:It was a very odd tournament for me. I played 6 times (3 in each of my games) and I spun a +50 in 4 of the plays, and a +40 in the other 2. Only saw a negative number twice and it was only a -10.

There were a lot of people who scored 200,000+. I found that rather strange. I was expecting lower scores because we hadn't played those hidden object scenes in a while.

I wonder if some tinkering was done with the wheel and/or the way the scores are calculated.

I got better base scores than I usually do, averaged better spins than I usually do, yet won fewer diamonds than I usually do with the scores I received.

As you are aware the participation of players was the factor in your diamond count for that particular event.....as more folks are aware of the tournaments back there will be more diamond pay out for the placings.....maybe that event had less participants........cheers **D@NgeR** out

No, there appeared to be about the usual amount of players and over 150 of them scored 200,00+.

Geeze.....that is peculiar....I have no reason then other than all the folks having a tremendous "wheel" day all at once.......that # you posted was solid. The fact that many had that down the list was even more amazing......**D**

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 21, 15 1:06 PM
Even though my wheel was the same 'ole, same 'ole.... it looks like the wheel is not as heavy-handed with the minuses as in time's past...

getting higher scores than what you used to get, would almost certainly give some a boost .. but, if everyone else is also getting higher scores, reality will soon set in.... just because you get a higher score, you are more likely to get the same amount of diamonds you used to win in tournaments past... If you want to win big, you need to get better at the tournaments... practice makes perfect...

NOW, if they DID change up the tournament scenes, that might increase the challenge for all involved.

Fuzzy britches Cindy

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 21, 15 2:59 PM
It's like Lake Wobegone, where "all the children are above average".

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 21, 15 3:49 PM
hey i won i think thats a first for me on pc have won on i pad before never win much i am willing to share with all you lovely people but it may take me a while to split my diamond (yes it was just the one)

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 21, 15 4:02 PM
karatopa wrote:hey i won i think thats a first for me on pc have won on i pad before never win much i am willing to share with all you lovely people but it may take me a while to split my diamond (yes it was just the one)

Don't spend it all in one place

piesy123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by piesy123 on Jul 21, 15 5:42 PM
mikkkepus wrote:
I got extremely lucky on the wheel +50, +40 and +30 and with a base score 111something I ended with 304,142 and 11 diamonds

Way To Go Mikkkepus!!

I scored 270,000 on the first tournament since the update with 3 big +% won 7diamonds

datsalotta / piesy

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 21, 15 7:08 PM
I passed 200,000 for the first time and finally won some diamonds that I was able to claim. That was fun. I got into the top 100 for the first time and won five diamonds.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 21, 15 7:10 PM
FishyFemale wrote:I passed 200,000 for the first time and finally won some diamonds that I was able to claim. That was fun. I got into the top 100 for the first time and won five diamonds.

Congradulations......welcome to the 100 tops club.... **D@NgeR**..out

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 21, 15 7:12 PM
Thank you General! And so far, I haven't gotten any (-)s on the spinning wheel either. <keeping fins crossed>

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 21, 15 7:20 PM
FishyFemale wrote:Thank you General! And so far, I haven't gotten any (-)s on the spinning wheel either. <keeping fins crossed>

since they've restarted....this last one being the fourth one I think....I have been in two of them......I have received minuses.....analysis for me is.......when the pluses hit they hit large and often.......I have had three spins only once.....four spins 6 times.......five spins none......two spins none......more tokens to get now.....and the minuses are clumped like the pluses......no spins of minus and plus together which is interesting too.......I placed 13th this morning and 9th tonight......very very odd and not "normal"......but it is the Castle........so not Castle normal either....lol **D@NgeR**...out

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 21, 15 7:28 PM
Once again, 150+ people scored over 200,000.

My games finished 18th and 45th.

I played 6 times. 4 spins 2 times, 3 spins 3 times, 2 spins 1 time. No minus numbers, lots of +30's.

But it's difficult to get excited about 3 or 4 good spins when you know you'll need 5 excellent spins to get into the top 5 - 10.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jul 21, 15 8:37 PM
I don't want to have to say this as we are all starting to enjoy the tournaments again with a new wheel but I have news of our favourite player, they have changed their name and avatar and as the General would say 'Rawking the top spot' again !!!!

I think they have fixed the wheel but I doubt they have fixed the glitch, I was informed about this from a player that played in the tournament before the last one, not happy at all if it is still not fixed,

AG1

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 21, 15 8:56 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by 'fixed the wheel'. I was unaware that it was broken.

If they've weighed the wheel to give plus numbers a better chance of being hit, they've tipped the scales in favor of the more skillful players.

+30 of 130,000 base score gives a score that can't be reached by somebody with a 100,000 base score even if they spin a +50.

The wheel is drawn as if each value has the same chance of being landed on. If that is not the case, then it would be more honest to drawn the spaces in proportion to the chance of landing on it.

It doesn't matter whether the glitch has been fixed. A mod told us that when the glitch was fixed, we would be required to download an update that contained the fix. Because this update wasn't mandatory and 'our favorite player' isn't at a level where running out of quests was imminent, he/she quite possibly didn't update.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jul 21, 15 10:01 PM
When I say the wheel has been fixed, I do mean that it is giving more + than -

If they haven't fixed the glitch to stop players from posting a very high scores then why are the tournaments back??

I'd rather have a honest tournament where all is fair than watching the same player still taking the lion's share of other peoples diamonds by working the glitch,

I say until there is honest play the tournament should be turned off until the mandatory update to fix this is implemented,

Just my opinion, but I hate to see the people I watch (Friends) get pushed down a ranking because of someone else's greed,

AG1

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Jul 22, 15 12:39 AM

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jul 22, 15 2:07 AM
Well done FudgeChi,

You have my made my point that the tournaments are still not fixed, I would rather you get the first prize than you know who !!

Off to the Mod's again ??? What a pity that they bowed to the pressure and just started them up again without a fix

AG1

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jul 22, 15 2:09 AM
Hi AG1, no, not fixed I just started a new thread on the subject, I'm so mad at the moment

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Jul 22, 15 11:32 AM
God, no! Please don't cut off the tournaments again! Who cares if I win? They're fun.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Jul 23, 15 1:19 AM
Hey-ho no tournament this morning (the 9am UK time tournament did not arrive). It was short-lived and we should say a silent prayer for it.

The mods have posted:

"Regrettably, tournaments for all platforms will be temporarily disabled as of Midnight PDT. Our team is working steadily towards a permanent fix for the issues surrounding the tournaments. We want nothing more than to be able to provide this feature, but as you can see this process does take some time.

We appreciate your patience and thank you all for sticking with the game. As always, the Forum Moderation Team will update this thread as soon as we have any additional news. "

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 1:20:35 AM PST

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Jul 23, 15 5:29 AM
Shamelessly banging this back onto first screen so that anyone looking for news of the tournament does not have to wade through the twenty plus pages that I have just done. Mind you, it will probably be back there in a few minutes.

Go to: