General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Re:Anyone got a box of tissues?

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jul 21, 15 12:18 PM
drew248 wrote:Congrats To All But Was Wondering
The Top 60/70 Was 200K (Orzo)--Now 300K ?

Keep yer eyz on it........the new wild west tourney is the same as before with a pepped up ferve.....what we see is a figment of the truth....an illusion and farce beyond recignition.......so play smart......SMART......**D** out

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jul 21, 15 12:19 PM
I don't know about everyone else, drew248 but my wheel was being really nice to me. I mean nicer than usual. I usually get mostly +10 or +20 with a scattering of +30 and the rare and elusive +40 or +50 but today it was raining +50% and +40%. I wish I would have wrote down all the spins but I know one was +10%, +40%, +40% and +30%. I got at least 4 or 5 +50% spins in the 9 rounds I played. I went and then , ! I think my last round of spins was more my normal style of luck with 2 +10% and a +30%. I dunno what is going on but I'm just glad for a break from the merry-go-round.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 21, 15 12:22 PM
FishyFemale wrote:and have never been high enough to win anything. Wait, that didn't come out quite right.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! gonna let that go ... just know... so many options to write, nah... I like being able to participate in the forums...

Have a GREAT day.... in what ever state of mind you prefer,
Fuzzy Cindy

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Jul 21, 15 1:05 PM
FudgeChi wrote:
napoeon wrote:What I know...is that I'm happy for Nelly...Congrats girl!!!! Cheers!!!

What desperately want to know from FudgeChi is ....if we still have the glitch?!

I'm not sure about the glitch yet. I did try to reproduce it after my second free try but with no luck. But, the last tourney was the first one I've played since they've come back. I'll miss the next one because of sleeping but I'll try again in tomorrow morning's, my UK time and report back. Fingers crossed it IS fixed because I won't be a happy bunny if it isn't!

Wait, you sleep? (meant to be a very friendly laugh sent your way!!)

Jean (aka player name Gwen)

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jul 21, 15 1:30 PM
Nickimine wrote:
FudgeChi wrote:
napoeon wrote:What I know...is that I'm happy for Nelly...Congrats girl!!!! Cheers!!!

What desperately want to know from FudgeChi is ....if we still have the glitch?!

I'm not sure about the glitch yet. I did try to reproduce it after my second free try but with no luck. But, the last tourney was the first one I've played since they've come back. I'll miss the next one because of sleeping but I'll try again in tomorrow morning's, my UK time and report back. Fingers crossed it IS fixed because I won't be a happy bunny if it isn't!

Wait, you sleep? (meant to be a very friendly laugh sent your way!!)

Jean (aka player name Gwen)

At my age I need a lot of beauty sleep...still doesn't work though!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 21, 15 1:33 PM
Fudge, if I thought that would work, I'd never get out of bed! LOL

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Jul 22, 15 11:23 AM
FishyFemale wrote:Well, you're luckier than I've been. The one time I won any diamonds at all was TWO but I never received them even though the tournanent had ended and I was definitely listed as having won two diamonds. This was back in late spring and lots of players were having problems like that so I just forgot about it and have never been high enough to win anything. Wait, that didn't come out quite right.

I've had that happen several times when I've won one. It's very disappointing to not get the bit you did win. I'd rather they fixed that glitch!

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jul 22, 15 12:24 PM
I have been able to win a few diamonds, but only because of the wheel. And not very many times! The wheel is the only way I could ever get a score high enough for that.

I think it would be great if they had two types of tourney. One that is based entirely on skill at the HOS's. Then spin the wheel to add the component of "luck". I can see the value in both kinds of tourney. The really good players win most of the time in one kind, but there is the opportunity to improve your skill for gems. Skill will not necessarily win in the other. Just a thought.....

I love it when I get a score high enough to win a diamond or two, but It is so discouraging to get my highest score ever at the HOS's and then get a -% at the wheel.

Mostly I tell myself that it is just a crapshoot when I play so I am not so disappointed when I don't win anything.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jul 22, 15 12:34 PM
Same here Diane! Its a crapshoot for me also..........not fast, so scores aren't great.....only hope is a good wheel.

But that two types of tourney..............good idea there..........then its another "should I, should I not".......if you have a good score to just submit for the skill tourney or take a chance on the wheel.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jul 22, 15 1:33 PM
I think we should be able to do both. Then it is not so painful. Submit first for skill, then play the wheel and retain both scores so it won't hurt your "skill" submission.

Or spin only if you have a bad score and the wheel is necessary. As it stands now, the wheel is necessary no matter what.

Best of all - do as two separate events. HOS's for both. Same for both or maybe even new HOS's.... Then it would be possible to do better in the "skill" on a second round but maybe not the "luck", if that happens.

Just a idea for a new spin on things (pun intended)

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Jul 23, 15 10:56 AM
Two would be great! Then you could do either or both. I think I am as I am on most games (well, the kind I play anyway) -- rather middle road, neither great or bad, somewhat good. I guess average. I may never win on skill alone but I'd try that first. Not sure if I'd also do the wheel or not as -- other than buying a lotto ticket now and then -- I don't like gambling. But I might. I mean it's not like I'm gambling with actual money. lol (If it became that, then I'd be bye-bye, nice knowing you.)

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jul 23, 15 7:15 PM
I'd like to see a tournament based upon just skill. Then we could actually see how everyone truly does. Perhaps the Devs should give this a thought?? They could perhaps alternate days, so to speak? Perhaps... Even days, play with the wheel and odd days play without it? Wonder if that could be done?
Trust me... my base score is really not all that great, but I would like to see a game without the wheel every once in a while, just to see how everyone else does without having to spin.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

(Ooooh... just noticed... I'm an Angelfish now!)

Edited on 07/23/2015 at 7:17:38 PM PST

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Jul 24, 15 11:16 AM
apollogold wrote:I'd like to see a tournament based upon just skill. Then we could actually see how everyone truly does. Perhaps the Devs should give this a thought?? They could perhaps alternate days, so to speak? Perhaps... Even days, play with the wheel and odd days play without it? Wonder if that could be done?
Trust me... my base score is really not all that great, but I would like to see a game without the wheel every once in a while, just to see how everyone else does without having to spin.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

(Ooooh... just noticed... I'm an Angelfish now!)

That could be a good idea. Every other day. Then everyone still has their preference and could participate in both if they wanted to.

Am I correct in that there are two a day? For me, it's noon and 9pm.

Go to: