Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Welcome to Defenders of Law: The Rosendale File forum

[Post New]by Annietano on Jul 24, 09 4:46 PM
I am in the process of playing the trial version...30 minutes left. So far I've had no problem downloading or with the game play itself, but it seems kind of boring to me. I haven't run across a mini game yet, unless the evidence board in the lab counts as such. Don't think I'll be buying this one which is a shame because I've got a game credit that is burning a hole in my pocket! I haven't been impressed with most of the recent releases.

[Post New]by arethajazz on Jul 24, 09 11:34 PM
I also couldn't get sound or music but at least cursor stopped being slow when I re-installed. I'll wait to hear of a cure.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jul 25, 09 12:11 AM
QUESTION....Has anyone finished the game, and do you get another case the second time around, The opening scene seems to indicate that might the case.

If there are more than one case, then I will probably buy. Everyone is right; it is a very easy game. But I don't need to be challenged all of the time . It is nice to play the game AND watch a good movie at the same time.

Looking forward to your answers!!! THANKS A LOT.

OnWI

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Jul 25, 09 8:46 AM
Borrrrring !! The trial version helped me get to sleep last night. Enough said.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jul 25, 09 9:40 AM
soob wrote:Hi all,

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with this game too. Everything works ok but I have no sound at all!
Now that may be a blessing in some cases but I would like the option to turn it off!
I have trashed and downloaded it three times now, anyone else has this problem?

I am having the same problem. No sound at all, it's not just you.

[Post New]by cddt54 on Jul 25, 09 9:44 AM
bigfish you relly disappoint me alot of your hidden object games do not work just like the latest on defenders of law.it won't even come up only turns my sceen big. i won't be buying anymore games from you that's for sure.ty.

kwitmer
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kwitmer on Jul 25, 09 10:22 AM
jenFen how did you get the footprint and the two handprints? Even with three hints i still couldn't find them. any suggestions?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 25, 09 12:25 PM
For those of you with sound problems, check and see if there is an update for your sound card drivers. I had a sound problem recently with a new game on Big Fish and updating my sound card drivers fixed the problem.

ginnyj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ginnyj on Jul 25, 09 5:42 PM
I just finished the trial, no problems at all. Havent decided if I will buy or not.
waiting for more reviews. Not too easy but not to difficult either. Nice and
relaxing came play.

meant to say nice and relaxing game play

Edited on 07/25/2009 at 5:43:12 PM PST

ktfern04
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ktfern04 on Jul 25, 09 9:00 PM
I can't play it at all. I downloaded the trial, and as soon as I click on the shortcut and the bf screen comes on , the screen starts to flash and I have to restart my pc. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling and the same thing happens. Says I have 57 minutes left, but I have not played it at all!! Help!! I'm running Vista and IE8.

AngyC
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by AngyC on Jul 26, 09 4:10 AM
I'm with ccdtv54- the game opens in a huge resolution and only about two thirds of the total screen is visible, w.hile it is quite impossible to scroll to the rest of the screen. It's necessary to use Task manager just to close the thing.

As a longtime customer I bought the game on trust - unusual for me - and i'm thoroughly regretting it. Can't play it at all.

Edited on 07/26/2009 at 4:11:05 AM PST

[Post New]by essoilsgreen on Jul 26, 09 4:43 AM
I had no problems downloading or playing the trial version. It's not a taxing game and is relaxing to play and I enjoyed playing the full hour but it is a bit too easy for any seasoned hidden object player. The graphics are ok but its a bit like reading a comic. The courtroom scenes are a bit on the boring side so I won't be buying this one.

LaZgram
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by LaZgram on Jul 26, 09 6:05 AM
Glad I stopped in. Downloaded the trial yesterday to play this a.m. but my grandson played it last night, sounds like I didn't miss to much. I'll have to ask him what he thought. He's super quiet so won't get to much out of him (if anything).

Played Mystery Masterpiece the Moonstone awhile ago. Liked the demo, though a wee bit on the tiny side for objects. Have to go to the Forums and find out what others think. Been saving me $$$ (finally).

Well Everyone have a Great Day, off to check on a question I asked. TaTa

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jul 26, 09 11:23 AM
I enjoyed the trial version of this game and will be purchasing it. The download was quick and the graphics are good and I like the play and the fact that the hints are re chargeable

[Post New]by jessgad9 on Jul 26, 09 1:47 PM
So I just bought the game because I knew it's what I wanted. I downloaded and installed t ine. Then when I pressed play now the screen started freaking out. I JUST WASTED A GAME CLUB CREDIT!!! I feel like I'm going to cry!

ktfern04
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ktfern04 on Jul 26, 09 4:20 PM
Jess that's what it does for me too. Can someone help us? I am using Vista with IE8.

shaye1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by shaye1947 on Jul 26, 09 8:04 PM
HI FISHES,
I JUST FINISHED PLAYING "DEFENDERS OF LAW" AND REALLY ENJOYED THE GAME.. I'M RELATIVELY NEW TO HOG, BUT HAVE BOUGHT OVER 40 GAMES,1/2 BEING HOG"S, AND HAVE REALLY ENJOYED MOST IF NOT ALL OF THEM...IT'S THAT TIME OF THE MONTH, SO GUESS I BETTER HURRY AND MAKE UP MY MIND...LOL FOR ALL OF YOU THAT COULDNT PLAY, TRY DL AGAIN, ITS WORTH IT......I WISH I COULD FIND A HOG THAT TOOK LONGER LONGER THAN 1- 1 1/2. HRS TO PLAY..

[Post New]by Nocturnal1 on Jul 26, 09 9:06 PM
Seemed to download and install just fine, but when I tried to run it crashed my laptop. Had to do a cold boot to get back up and running. When I went to uninstall the game, it seems to think it ran successfully for a couple of minutes. I tried downloading and installing it more than once to make sure it was not a problem with the download and was able to duplicate the results. -Reese

[Post New]by nolenana on Jul 30, 09 6:21 PM
kwitmer wrote:jenFen how did you get the footprint and the two handprints? Even with three hints i still couldn't find them. any suggestions?

Edited on 07/30/2009 at 6:24:37 PM PST

[Post New]by dagomir on Aug 1, 09 4:13 AM
nolenana wrote:
kwitmer wrote:jenFen how did you get the footprint and the two handprints? Even with three hints i still couldn't find them. any suggestions?

Need to turn off light - either with the light switch on the wall or draggind curtains. The you take this blue lighty thing from inventory and look for -prints

Go to: