bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone comments and reviews

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 25, 09 9:55 AM
I haven't had any of the glitches reported fortunately. I so rarely have problems that when I do, I fiure it is specific to my computer, something to do with my settings maybe. The last glitch I had in a game was in G.H.O.S.T. and that was remedied with a reinstall.

When I first Demo'd this game I had a problem with the curser not reaching items on the edge. That must have been a design flaw because it is no longer a problem. I am very sorry that some of you have problems. it always seems so unfair because i want everyone to be able to at least enjoy the Demos. I hope that you find solutions so you can play this. Those of you with good eyesight will surely enjoy it!

Thanks Sillyfeet for an excellent Review!

[Post New]by mspandibear on Jul 25, 09 9:59 AM
The same glitches that were in the first one are in this supposedly "fixed" version. In Candy's room, you are left with two items that you cannot use on the margins in the book. There is supposed to be a magnifying lens in the biliard room, but it is not on my list of objects to find and it is definitely not in the room, so for the 2nd time, my download is wasted. It is a very very good game though as some of the objects are difficult to find, which what makes a good HOG. There are other glitches in the game, but easy to overcome. However, a missing "tool" cannot be overcome. Another fix coming?????

[Post New]by JenFen on Jul 25, 09 10:00 AM
I have only played about 45min and my eyes hurt. Some of the objects are very small that I just click on something that my look like anything and hope for the best. The music is wonderful but not wonderful enough for me to buy the game.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jul 25, 09 10:01 AM
Graphics too small - reminded me of the Civil War game - won't buy

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jul 25, 09 10:39 AM
This game has some issues for me. Game shut down 3 times for no reason. Then I wasn't able to "pick up" any objects, or even go back to the "desk" or do anything. Too much trouble so I just got rid of it. Games shouldn't be released until they work properly.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 25, 09 10:41 AM
i agree, most items are very small and i could not find hardly anything, in one room i saw, what i thought was a pinecone but it would not let me get it so i dont know if it was the pinecon or not!, also (in the same room) i asked for a hint and it gave me it but i clicked and clicked but still did not get whatever it was!!! i am going to uninstall now, i think i only have about 10 mins left of the trial anyway x x

[Post New]by fixitman222 on Jul 25, 09 10:47 AM
mspandibear wrote:The same glitches that were in the first one are in this supposedly "fixed" version. In Candy's room, you are left with two items that you cannot use on the margins in the book. There is supposed to be a magnifying lens in the biliard room, but it is not on my list of objects to find and it is definitely not in the room, so for the 2nd time, my download is wasted. It is a very very good game though as some of the objects are difficult to find, which what makes a good HOG. There are other glitches in the game, but easy to overcome. However, a missing "tool" cannot be overcome. Another fix coming?????

Hi mspandibear,

In order to fix the "glitch", you will have to create a new profile (and delete the current one that you are playing with), and then start the game again. This will reset the objects that you must find and fix the problem that you are running in to. Good luck and have fun solving the mystery!

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Jul 25, 09 10:55 AM
Thanks Sillyfeet, it did not wait long enough for investigate to come up, too eager to play!

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Jul 25, 09 11:01 AM
I was one of the ones that bought the game to early and had to uninstall and wait for the fix version to come out. just redownloaded it and was able to continue where i was stuck, the magnifine glass was there and able to click and get it. so seems to be fixed now.

LogieBaby
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by LogieBaby on Jul 25, 09 12:11 PM
I have the same reservations as everyone else so I won't mention again the obvious problems with Moonstone. In a game like this one where the player must deduce who the bad guy is, will it be the same bad guy every time the game is played? If so, that gets real old real fast. The one that came out yesterday, Defenders of Law at least says the ultimate solution is randomly selected when replayed but Law in and of itself has its own problems.

THis is a pass for me.

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Jul 25, 09 12:13 PM
I am really enjoying this game. The graphics, in my opinion, are excellent and the music turned down low is not bothersome. After my demo was over, I knew that I had to buy as it was intriguing to me. The scenes can be a little overwhelming but I found it to be challenging without me feeling seriously frustrated. Someone mentioned the rose petal and I too, had a hard time with that even after the hint but eventually saw it. I haven't run into any glitches yet although I never got to set up a profile-it just started. I tend to be slower than others so it will give me a few hours of entertainment.
IMO, I'm thinking money well spent.

TheRev088
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by TheRev088 on Jul 25, 09 12:47 PM
I'm having trouble getting the game to start. Complete the download and then get an error message when I try to open it and play. Anyone heard of a solution for this?

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Jul 25, 09 1:03 PM
I really am enjoying the game and purchased it after 40 minutes of play. I think the graphics are great, though some things are small and hard to find, it makes it more or a challenge. The music, the hint system, and the story line are all ok. There are 4 scenes to investigate for each suspect, and you need to find a "tool" in one scene and use it in another. I would sya it is an above average HOG.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 25, 09 1:03 PM
I suggest using the green envelope on the right to contact customer support.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 25, 09 1:05 PM
teeitup46ok wrote:I am really enjoying this game. The graphics, in my opinion, are excellent and the music turned down low is not bothersome. After my demo was over, I knew that I had to buy as it was intriguing to me. The scenes can be a little overwhelming but I found it to be challenging without me feeling seriously frustrated. Someone mentioned the rose petal and I too, had a hard time with that even after the hint but eventually saw it. I haven't run into any glitches yet although I never got to set up a profile-it just started. I tend to be slower than others so it will give me a few hours of entertainment.
IMO, I'm thinking money well spent.

Hi teeitup,
I did not set up a profile the first time I played this game and it did not save my progress. I set up a profile next play and it then saved- this was before the latest version so I was wondering if they fixed that- or if anyone that did not make a profile would lose progress?

walkalone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by walkalone on Jul 25, 09 1:19 PM
Having problems with the Bible page it will not stay on the left side..Have tried at least 20 times and getting grrrr. Is anyone else having the same problem? Would not mind but have bought the game.Guess I will have to contact BG..

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 25, 09 1:55 PM
Finally, I have this game back. I enjoyed it glitches and all, and having lost it accidentally, I had been waiting for it to come back. I installed it this morning and was able to start from the point that I had left off.....only had three suspects to go, so I imagine I will finish it shortly. It has held my attention. Downloaded Defenders yesterday, haven't gone back to it yet. So the jury is still out on that one.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Jul 25, 09 4:15 PM
I've just finished this game and I loved the graphics and the music wasn't too bad and really enjoyed the game overall. The mini games weren't too dificult.

My only real complaint with very small items (and this is a comment for HOGs in general) is that the "hot spot" to find where to pick them up drives me nuts. I was trying to pickup a pearl necklace but it didn't matter which part I clicked on still couldn't get it - used a hint - and yes that was the pearl necklace, found I had to click on the edge closest to the bedhead *sigh* but having learnt that it stood my in good stead for the rest of the game.

[Post New]by charmed__one59 on Jul 25, 09 5:40 PM
I bought the game but now I wish I didn't it kept shuting completely off as if I went to exit. Several times during the game I could not pick items up or move mouse. It was a very interesting game but total aggravation throughout playing it.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Jul 25, 09 7:09 PM
I just finished the first chapter of this one myself, Personally I found the game quite fun, The rose petal that some had trouble seeing I found pretty fast without a hint, infact the only problem I had was right after I'd windowed the game, set up my profile, and had started the intro, it crashed on me, costing me two minutes of trial time, but upon reopening immideatly afterwords I had no issues. Some of the items are a bit small, but its not to a point that bothers me. I actually like the fact there is a message instead of an annoying beep or sound that tells you of a wrong click. Personally the sounds when you get a wrong click bother me more then a message. Anyways, I'm planning on buying this one as soon as I get my Game Credit for Next month.

Go to: