Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jul 26, 15 1:40 PM
Running Mac 10.10.4
Also no sound. Nada.
Uninstalled and re-installed. Made no difference.
Mute and un-mute trick also did not work.

zendnez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by zendnez on Jul 26, 15 2:11 PM
+1. No sound on a 5k iMac.

carolpin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by carolpin on Jul 26, 15 5:26 PM

Windows 8.1.
Got to Wolf Mountain, did the H.O. the fishing line with the magnet on it picked up a key went to drop it in my inventory box and the key vanished!

Same thing happened to me at this spot in the game. I will also try one more time before asking for a refund

[Post New]by mareschultz on Jul 26, 15 8:33 PM
I am on a MacBook Air running Yosemite 10.10.3. I purchased this game and began playing, no problem at all with the sound. I got all the way to the part of the game where I am trying to get to the second component of the defense weapon and had to quit for dinner. When I came back to the game, it was acting strangely. When I clicked on it, the game screen did not open. I clicked again, and I got the "another game is running" message. I found the open game and clicked on it and the screen opened with a large "paused" symbol. After I clicked on the pause icon, the game opened but with no sound.

I have tried to mute my sound and then unmute. I also shut down and restarted my computer. I deactivated and trashed the game and redownloaded. I still get the strange pause symbol and so far nothing has worked. Still no sound. This is (was) an awesome game and I would like to continue playing :-(

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 27, 15 2:57 AM
carolpin wrote:
Windows 8.1.
Got to Wolf Mountain, did the H.O. the fishing line with the magnet on it picked up a key went to drop it in my inventory box and the key vanished!

Same thing happened to me at this spot in the game. I will also try one more time before asking for a refund
Had another go and found the key on the embankment, go real slow and you will find it, it is easy to miss. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Mazzarooni on Jul 27, 15 7:44 AM
Running 10.10.4....Also NO SOUND. Very annoying.
Have tried to re-install but nothing works

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 27, 15 1:50 PM
wkdsdenn wrote:Tried saxifraga's idea and it worked for me...

after exiting the game yesterday with no sound, started it again today AFTER turning my computer sound on mute.

once game opened and I was back in...unmuted computer and game sound came on.

hope that works for others as well.

thanks to saxifraga for the suggestion

donna

I tried again -- after hitting the sound keys I finally got sound. Played for a while. Quit. Restarted demo -- no sound. Can't recreate what I did. There is definitely an issue.

carolpin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by carolpin on Jul 27, 15 5:51 PM
0161 wrote:
carolpin wrote:
Windows 8.1.

Had another go and found the key on the embankment, go real slow and you will find it, it is easy to miss. Hope this helps.

0161: Thank you so much for a response. I was ready to restart the game; but after your advice - I found it.

Thanks again

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Jul 29, 15 6:29 AM
I have iMac Yosemite and I have no sound either. Tried the mute thing but it didn't work. It would be nice to see a response from BF about this.

[Post New]by MagickMike on Jul 29, 15 7:32 AM
I also have no sound for the game. I have restarted the game, restarted the game manager, restarted the computer and ran with no other applications open. I have tried the mute/unmute trick. Nothing seems to work.

I did notice one thing. When starting the game I first got the black screen and then back to the desktop and the game manager. Tabbing through open apps showed the game running. I switched to the game and saw the 'pause' symbol. I clicked on it and the game started but without sound. I let things run so I could manipulate the sound options. This had no effect. I started to play and switched out to the menu to manipulate the sound options to no effect.

27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i5, 16 GB, OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

[Post New]by Paleohippo on Jul 29, 15 10:33 AM
I'm experiencing the sound problems like everyone else. If I start a brand new program I have sound. I can save the program and exit, but when I re-enter the program there is no sound. I've done this twice and the same thing happens.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 29, 15 2:21 PM
MagickMike wrote:I also have no sound for the game. I have restarted the game, restarted the game manager, restarted the computer and ran with no other applications open. I have tried the mute/unmute trick. Nothing seems to work.

I did notice one thing. When starting the game I first got the black screen and then back to the desktop and the game manager. Tabbing through open apps showed the game running. I switched to the game and saw the 'pause' symbol. I clicked on it and the game started but without sound. I let things run so I could manipulate the sound options. This had no effect. I started to play and switched out to the menu to manipulate the sound options to no effect.

I have the exact same Mac hardware.

BOLDed by me -- That happens with other games as well -- not sure whether it's just Mad Head -- I don't try BF games as much as I used to. Anyway, when that happens, look in the Dock -- the game icon will be there.

Also, when I clicked on the icon in the dock, it also opened to the black screen with the pause symbol.

I have now used up all the demo time trying to get the sound back to no avail. Clearly, with so many Mac players on different Macs, and undoubtedly different software configurations, it seems clear the issue is with the game, possibly with the game and Yosemite. Mad Head usually comes through with fixes, but BF CS has to elevate the issue to a level where they will contact Mad Head. Not holding my breath.

callielee
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by callielee on Jul 29, 15 4:58 PM
belamba wrote:I've no sound on this game? And once I open game it kills the sound on my laptop and I have to reboot it. Everything up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still the game is silent. Have checked all the sound options, turned them up to max but still nothing...
I've a Macbook Pro OS X 10.10.4 running Yosemite.
Really disappointing :-(

I have the same problem, no sound on my iMac running Yosemite 10.10.4

callielee
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by callielee on Jul 29, 15 5:47 PM
Mute and unmute after starting did the trick with my iMac

Can't get past demo

[Post New]by widgetkitty1 on Jul 30, 15 3:09 AM
Hi,
I played the demo, enjoyed the game and downloaded it, but it won't let me play any further. I re-played the demo to see if it would allow me to progress but it says I have played the game and have to create a new profile to play again, anyone else having this issue? How do I fix it?
Playing using Windows 8.
Thanks,
L

[Post New]by Paleohippo on Jul 30, 15 9:14 AM
This issue with the sound may be a problem with the Game Manager and Yosemite. Instead of accessing the game through the Game Manager, I've gone directly to my Mac Launchpad. There I find the game icon and click directly on that to open the game. My sound seems to be fine when I open and reopen the game that way. When I close out of the game, it exits to the Game Manager - not sure why - but who cares at that point? Would be interested in knowing if other users have experienced this solution. I'm beginning to wonder if there may be other issues with the Game Manager for anyone running Yosemite on MACS.

shorenuf wrote:
MagickMike wrote:I also have no sound for the game. I have restarted the game, restarted the game manager, restarted the computer and ran with no other applications open. I have tried the mute/unmute trick. Nothing seems to work.

I have the exact same Mac hardware.

BOLDed by me -- That happens with other games as well -- not sure whether it's just Mad Head -- I don't try BF games as much as I used to. Anyway, when that happens, look in the Dock -- the game icon will be there.

Also, when I clicked on the icon in the dock, it also opened to the black screen with the pause symbol.

I have now used up all the demo time trying to get the sound back to no avail. Clearly, with so many Mac players on different Macs, and undoubtedly different software configurations, it seems clear the issue is with the game, possibly with the game and Yosemite. Mad Head usually comes through with fixes, but BF CS has to elevate the issue to a level where they will contact Mad Head. Not holding my breath.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Jul 30, 15 11:46 PM
Another no sound on Yosemite post. The mute/turn sound on worked occasionally.

Out of interest I d/l the game on the old Mac, OS 10.6.8. There I had sound, but the game acted up a bit. When I click the play button it takes me back to the start screen.

I agree with Paleohippo that there might be problems with the Game Manager and Yosemite. I can start games from the Launchpad, but not the Game Manager. This one sits on Downloads and I can only start it from there, not even from Applications. Customer Service told me this is "normal".

[Post New]by ocean8ways on Jul 31, 15 7:20 AM
Mac OS 10.10.4 Also no sound. This appears to be a big enough problem that y'all ought to take it down, fix it, put it back up and notify all of these people who've experienced no sound.

Mad Head Games is one of of my favorites. So sad about this one.

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

also on Yosemite and no sound

[Post New]by ruthkr on Jul 31, 15 1:37 PM
I have the same problem as what others have shared. I could try all these work-arounds, but it seems to me that if BF is going to put up a game for sale, this type of problem should already be ironed out. I am also disappointed.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 1, 15 9:45 AM
WhiteladiesRd wrote:Another no sound on Yosemite post. The mute/turn sound on worked occasionally.

Out of interest I d/l the game on the old Mac, OS 10.6.8. There I had sound, but the game acted up a bit. When I click the play button it takes me back to the start screen.

I agree with Paleohippo that there might be problems with the Game Manager and Yosemite. I can start games from the Launchpad, but not the Game Manager. This one sits on Downloads and I can only start it from there, not even from Applications. Customer Service told me this is "normal".

It is "normal" if that is where you put BF demos. Did you buy the game? I didn't -- was reluctant to given the sound issue. But I think Paleohippo is definitely onto something. I can launch other games from the GM, so not sure if there is a universal problem with the GM and Yosemite, but with this one game, it is definitely possible.

If you bought it, try running the game at the root level of your Applications folder. (Just in the Apps folder, not in any sub folder.) For some games, that is the only way they will play without issues.

ETA: To everyone: Please report back if you bought the game and can play it with sound by bypassing the GM. Thanks!!!

Edited on 08/01/2015 at 9:59:17 AM PST

Go to: