Review

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

Re:Review

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 27, 09 9:44 AM
well downloaded game,will let you know if i like it or not.i hope so.Happy gaming take to you later

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 27, 09 10:03 AM
I'm so glad to see others are bothered by the misspelled words! I was beginning to feel like I was just a fussy old lady. I think anywhere words are public the spelling and grammer should be correct (don't get me started on our local newspaper).

The constant talking in this game is very annoying to me. Other than that, the game is so-so. I won't buy this one.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 27, 09 4:24 PM
We had a little trouble getting this thread started when the game when out, but here's what our reviewer thought of Amazing Heists: Dillinger. Please feel free to add your own comments.

Comments:
Amazing Heists: Dillinger is a great quick hidden object game with some wonderful graphics and a storyline that sets the mood to make players feel like they are robbing banks with the legendary John Dillinger. Levels range from easy to medium for the most part, although some items are particularly difficult to find. Minigames let you keep the banks customers from escaping to alert the police, as well as cracking the safe by figuring out the correct key order. Each bank has a distinctly different style and keeps things interesting as you play.

Genre:
Hidden Object with minigames

Game Modes:
Amazing Heists: Dillinger has two modes of play, Gangster Mode which is timed and Lightweight Mode which has untimed hidden object scenes with timed mini-games.

Depth:
This game is 8 chapters long with 3-5 scenes in each chapter.

Similar to:
Amazing Heists: Dillinger is similar to Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer.

Difficulty level:
This game is average in difficulty, but some people may find some of the hidden items hard to locate.

Review by R.R.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jul 27, 09 4:40 PM
I really enjoyed the trial. I don't mind playing a bad guy once in a while; I consider it a refreshing change of pace. However, keeping the customers in the bank was ridiculously easy and those levels were hardly worth the effort it took the designers to program them. Overall, the game was a little too easy. I got through four banks and was halfway through the fifth when my time was up. I came here to find out whether or not there were more levels, and since all I missed was 2 1/2 banks and the movie theater, I'm not going to buy the game. If there had been, say, 20 banks, I would definitely have bought the game and finished it.

Sorry BFG. I really enjoyed the concept but it just wasn't long enough or difficult enough to warrant buying it. I'd definitely buy a similar game if it was longer/more difficult.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Aug 15, 10 12:21 PM
The mini-game with the escaping bank patrons gets quite difficult. The level I am on I have tried four times without success. I didn't get to this level until after I had bought the game.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Aug 15, 10 8:25 PM
I tried it since it was $2.99. It may have been good for $2.99, but I could never get through the first mini game without running out of time. The game would not procede until I had the right keys in the lock. Tried about 10 times and gave up and uninstalled. I chose the untimed mode, but that only applied to the HOG not the mini games. I think it would have been an OK game if not for the timed mini game.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Aug 24, 10 7:41 AM

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 9:13 AM
Beside the nice and clear scenes the game is a bit tedious, the music is OK, the mini games are the ones that will make you think twice why you spend regular price on it, like I did.

Still I have not trouble finishing the whole game. To me is just another HOG short game.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 9:14:41 AM PST

Go to: