Game Tips

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Re:Game Tips

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Aug 16, 15 1:26 PM
Minor tip: (so minor I wasn't going to bother writing it up) When you send a worker off to do something (clear grass, work on production, build) and he happens to be on the other side of the map, you can click on him to give him a short burst of speed towards walking to his goal. It only really matters when he's off to clear grass or something though.

Rimak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Food

[Post New]by Rimak on Aug 24, 15 5:38 AM
If you have both harpies nest and dock you never have to worry about food anymore. It cost 1500 food to search harpies nest but if you trade the 500 scrolls you earn for food in the dock it trades to 5885 if I'm not remember wrong.
Theres no use to spend workers on schools or university to collect scrolls, it's much faster and cheaper to collect them from the diffrent caves and ruins.
Once you've got a food supply order a worker to the altar on a small deal and accelerate it. It cost 4 mana (when you've studied) and you gain 12. Do it over and over and you got lots of mana to use to collect the other resources with.
So always keep workers free to search..

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Aug 25, 15 6:49 AM
I just found out that when you store/sell decorations, your Happiness does drop, but the maximum manna doesn't get lower, it stays as high as before.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 25, 15 9:47 AM
Loonz111 wrote:I just found out that when you store/sell decorations, your Happiness does drop, but the maximum manna doesn't get lower, it stays as high as before.

Ah, I wondered about that. Thanks.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Aug 26, 15 12:34 AM
What a great thread. Something I've been doing every day now to increase my lumber is to use the wood creation spell and then use the resource collection spell instead of having my workers chop down the trees.

I learned on this thread that you get 10 pieces of lumber for each tree collected from using the spell as opposed to having the workers do it for 5, plus it takes them longer. What a great trick to know.

I also learned the hard way NOT to have a worker cut the stone pile since that takes forever!!! Using the resource collection spell does the job presto!

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Aug 26, 15 3:46 AM
Loonz111 wrote:I just found out that when you store/sell decorations, your Happiness does drop, but the maximum manna doesn't get lower, it stays as high as before.

Although I have to admit that I didn't log out of the game while my happiness dropped. Wonder what would have happened if I had, and then returned to the game.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 26, 15 5:14 AM
Loonz111 wrote:Although I have to admit that I didn't log out of the game while my happiness dropped. Wonder what would have happened if I had, and then returned to the game.

When you increased your happiness level again after selling your decor, did the mana limit increase again?

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Aug 26, 15 9:32 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:
Loonz111 wrote:Although I have to admit that I didn't log out of the game while my happiness dropped. Wonder what would have happened if I had, and then returned to the game.

When you increased your happiness level again after selling your decor, did the mana limit increase again?

If you mean did it increase beyond what it already was before selling, no, it didn't. And it didn't fill up the mana again either. Shame

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 26, 15 11:03 AM
That's a shame

dizplace
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dizplace on Aug 26, 15 2:00 PM
Some things I have found helpful:

Rent accumulates, so you don't have to constantly collect it

Especially early in the game you may find yourself strapped for gold. Consider purchasing a low cost diamond decoration and selling it. For instance, a blue tile costs 40 diamonds, but you can sell it for 5000 gold coins

When you get to section 4 there are some tough weeds that take a long time to remove. Plant a tree in the space after you remove the weed. When you need the space to build, tree is much quicker to remove and you get wood as well.

The hide button makes it much easier to find earthquakes, mana, treasure etc. and to place tile pieces,

When you have a quest for a lot of lightning strikes, a miss counts as well as a hit

Thanks to all of you for some really helpful tips!

Edited on 08/26/2015 at 10:14:46 PM PST

maroyce
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by maroyce on Aug 26, 15 7:28 PM
Loonz111 wrote:

Although I have to admit that I didn't log out of the game while my happiness dropped. Wo
nder what would have happened if I had, and then returned to the game.

WHEN you take out your store item again you get extra manna and your happiness back

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Aug 27, 15 1:45 PM
I had a 'duh' moment a couple days ago and perhaps I'm not the only one who didn't realize this.

Did you know that you can use your mouse to scroll and zoom out so that you don't have to drag the screen around so much in order to find mana? You might have to click on the screen to get its attention first, then scroll back to get the full view on your monitor.

My wrist feels soooo much better now.

kisykiss
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by kisykiss on Aug 28, 15 2:05 PM
MoreOver wrote:I had a 'duh' moment a couple days ago and perhaps I'm not the only one who didn't realize this.

Did you know that you can use your mouse to scroll and zoom out so that you don't have to drag the screen around so much in order to find mana? You might have to click on the screen to get its attention first, then scroll back to get the full view on your monitor.

My wrist feels soooo much better now.

Holy cow it really does! Thanks so much for that MoreOver!! Afdter I saw your post I just HAD to go into the game & try it.
And here I had been wishing to be able to do that ssssooooo many times!

kisykiss
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by kisykiss on Aug 28, 15 2:07 PM
I don't know how many others have discovered this- but you can use your Mana to speed up the port. Each time you use it on it it takes about a quarter of the time off. Very helpful if you need a resource fast.
Too bad we couldnt it on the cave or Harpies nest.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Aug 29, 15 6:04 AM
Today I had to collect wood (lots of!) for a daily quest. I already had learned to first check how they wanted me to collect wood (forester's hut or by spell) by clicking on "go to". Okay, by spell.
So I created forest, collected, created forest, collected... When I checked how close I was to finishing the task, NOTHING had been registered!
I finally worked it out: If your official storage (building) is full, it won't register that you created more. I had to sell wood at the port, after that it did register the collecting of wood.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Aug 29, 15 6:59 PM
kisykiss wrote:Holy cow it really does! Thanks so much for that MoreOver!! Afdter I saw your post I just HAD to go into the game & try it.
And here I had been wishing to be able to do that ssssooooo many times!

LOL, I feel so much better now knowing that I wasn't the only one. Aren't computers wonderful?

covan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by covan on Sep 2, 15 8:33 PM
I don't how useful anyone other than me will find this but I thought I'd share just in case.

On the supply bar, you have to click the arrow in order to see how much stone, bricks, etc. you have. If you click on any of the items in the drop down list it is moved to the top where you can always see it.

I prefer to see how much stone I have rather than spheres so I was pleased when I discovered this.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 6, 15 5:26 AM
Warning: Don't Lock Yourself Out of Your Game

When you are at Magistrate level 6 and have access to the port, it is possible to get into a situation that means you have no option but to restart the game from scratch.

This happens if all of the following occur:
You have an open quest that involves making trades at the port.
You have studied every science that costs less than 5,000 scrolls and all of Homer's texts.
You have the maximum number of scrolls in storage (5000)
You have ordered scrolls from the port and have a red scroll above it.

The easiest way to avoid this is to not order scrolls at the port until the New Territory has been unlocked. But if you do order them, make absolutely sure that there is space for them. Then, don't collect any scrolls from other buildings or finish exploring until they have been unloaded.

Edited on 09/16/2015 at 11:20:12 PM PST

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Sep 12, 15 4:22 PM
When creating forests, try to make as many oak trees as you have the patience for. The fir/pine trees do not grow but, once in a while, an oak will grow on its own and you will get more wood from it.

jim_dandy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jim_dandy on Sep 15, 15 4:02 AM
For anyone who needs to know, the acceleration spell gives you 12 mins per use. this may help to figure out the time it takes per say at the university which takes 8 hours to complete the smallest task. Hope this helps.

Go to: