error

Re:error

[Post New]by greatgem on Aug 9, 09 5:23 PM
I get the same message and have tried everything mentioned here and more. Is there anyone out thee with a solution. Whee is Big Fish in all this, they must know.

[Post New]by Helipad on Aug 9, 09 7:34 PM
oh yes I've read all of your problems and I'm having the same one. Well hopefully bigfish will come up with answer soon. The gane really looks fun. Good luck people.

ceat
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by ceat on Aug 10, 09 7:28 AM
I've got the same problem... Disabled the anti virus and the firewall, got the latest updates and so on... nothing works!!! I never had a problem with any downloaded game and I really would like to play this one. But if theres no solution to it, i hope there's the possibility for a refund...

Edited on 08/10/2009 at 7:29:15 AM PST

[Post New]by thunderknomb on Aug 10, 09 7:11 PM
I've done everything to get this game to work too and so far nothing works. What a pain, it looks really good.

[Post New]by Cutiepie5992 on Aug 10, 09 8:52 PM
Has anyone resolved this problem yet?

My laptop is top notch and has had no other problems with any other games here on Big Fish or anywhere else.
I am truly upset and I can't even chat to anyone about right now because they have "hours".
If anyone gets to the bottom of this please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Cutie

[Post New]by birdblue24 on Aug 12, 09 6:40 PM
I also am having the same erroe message. I have checked everything that has been suggested and all is well with my system! I am so glad I fornd this forum , I thought I was crazy. But still no fix. With this same problem with all these posts I would have to think there is a glitch in the game.

[Post New]by phardy58 on Aug 12, 09 8:30 PM
I too have the same error...... as every one else.....Just want too play the game.......

wegie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by wegie on Aug 13, 09 8:31 AM
I have the same problem. BigFish has no refund policy because "every game has a trial version and they assume you have played that and know it will work on your system... they have added "except for the large file games and the system requirements are listed on the game page. you should check before you download...
so I did as they suggested... I was all right till I got down to the cpu requirements...mine is 1.80 GHz and this game requires a 2.5 GHz processor... I guess I will just have to buy a $2,500 computer so I can play this $6.99 game... easy fix. you can find your information in Vista by clicking "start button", "control panel", "system" the box that comes up will have your version of windows in the top box and the next box down you will see your ram and processor speed... I hope this information will help. I did every thing they suggested and still could not get anything but the error message so I can only assume the cpu speed is where I am coming up a loser in playing this game.

in case anyone was wondering, here are the system requirements for this game:

CPU: 2.5GHz
RAM: 1024MB
DIRECTX:9.0
HARD DRIVE SPACE: 1421MB

Edited on 08/13/2009 at 8:33:32 AM PST

Jammie37
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jammie37 on Aug 14, 09 12:42 PM
Hi, I am having problems, too. I got the game to finally load and got through the first scene, but once Jones leaves the bar the whole screen goes blank. Big Fish Games is absolutely GREAT about helping you fix things or telling you were to get help. Either that, or they will give you a free credit coupon for another game. Try everything they say under 'troubling shooting' and if that doesn't work contact them at the help area. Good luck, Jams

Edited on 08/14/2009 at 12:45:10 PM PST

[Post New]by JIMINGA on Aug 15, 09 10:17 AM
Im having the same problem as everyone else PLEASE someone HELP PLEASE !
OR dose this company just not care once they get your money .

wegie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by wegie on Aug 17, 09 11:14 AM
Problem confirmation: required cpu speed for this game is 2.5 Ghz... I am running a 1.8Ghz and it will not play. I get the error mesage a lot of you are getting... I talked my husband into letting me install on his system just to see what happened..(he doesnt do games as a rule) basically same as mine only his has a 2.70 Ghz cpu... installed, loaded and played just fine for over an hour and a half.... that was what my problem was.. not large/fast enough cpu processor speed. hope this helps someone.

Edited on 08/17/2009 at 11:15:46 AM PST

[Post New]by dillbaby5 on Aug 18, 09 3:37 PM
I've got 2.6GHz on a new computer and I'm getting that same error msg

[Post New]by grizzosk8 on Aug 18, 09 6:41 PM
ello every 1
i too am having same error message not a single wrong with my laptop , up to date & recently re-installed XP, still having no joy with this monkey funker of a wind up {cant call it a game...it don't play}...ifeel ripped off.....& ,well FUNKED about..
not appy at all
Grizzosk8

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by 126035 on Aug 29, 09 4:21 AM
err message i had to buy a new card now works great call upgrade your picture card cost me 85.00
put in graphics card visiontek x1550
no more err messages

[Post New]by cmaggieb on Aug 29, 09 7:30 PM
I can play alright, I just cant save. What am I missing?

[Post New]by jrfannascar06 on Aug 29, 09 7:41 PM
Ive had the same error violation after installing the game and i contacted customer support.. after about 6 emails back and forth they finally told me that its my video card but i have a brand new laptop and everything....go figure. They gave me a credit coupon for another game of my choice...not what i really wanted but dont know what else to do. Very frustrating after you spend your money for games you cant play.

Re:error My game plays fine, but I just can't save either! What's the problem

[Post New]by danmac1787 on Sep 1, 09 6:14 AM
cmaggieb wrote:I can play alright, I just cant save. What am I missing?

[Post New]by zeberdoo on Sep 4, 09 11:14 PM
I have the same problem. am bgoing to contact customer care and request refund. I have tried all suggested fixes and still nothing.

Go to: