Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Re:She is a Shadow comments and reviews

[Post New]by Elkestra on Aug 1, 09 4:58 PM
Skipperbp32 wrote:I had a little confusion with a couple of the items. In this game a 'biscuit' is a 'cracker'. A 'relief' is more like artwork than R-O-L-A-I-D-S which is what I was looking for, thinking there was some humor injected into the object finding! But mostly they were well described.

To be fair, a 'releif' is a type of artwork, and what I'd be looking for (not rolaids, etc). I did find one or two of the items troublesome to locate, but actually part of the problem was just the same problem with wording. The other was the 'peek a corner of the item out, and expect them to find it' attitude, though with the photo clues, that wasn't a major problem.

The 'thief-type puzzles' were simplistic, and less worthy than I thought they'd be. Even the safe dial glowed when you were on the right numbers.

Overall, I loved the intro screen, and the potential, but was left finding it short on what it could have been. That said, if I run out of H.O.s in the future, i might get it just for the activity, but not for any story/intrest/intrigue reason.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Aug 1, 09 6:31 PM
cepe wrote:One of the easiest/boring HOG I've played. Agree with weeharleyboy that the mini games were not either puzzles or difficult. I did use the hints but only to get through it more quickly to see if it got more exciting. I was sadly disappointed!

I don't like the photographs/dialogues aspect - dull. And disappointing because the graphics at the introduction (Hanna hanging off the edge of a building) looked really good but the game did not live up to that.

Will not be buying.

Also think that there is a bug - if you click on a correct object and then the hint button, it highlights where the correct object was found. This happened twice.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Aug 1, 09 6:35 PM
I agree with Cepe--- the beginning graphics were great but the game didn't live up to them. Boring game. The sparkles didn't bother me--in fact it took a long time before I even noticed them but I didn't like the picture of the female and the "poses" she had. Dumb. I won't buy.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 1, 09 9:41 PM
I didn't care for this game at all. The graphics are horrible and over all it is a very boring game. I will not be buyong this game.

[Post New]by unicorngrandma23 on Aug 1, 09 9:49 PM
I played this game for the 60 minutes, and even though the mini-games are not enjoyable at all, I enjoyed it. Yes, the objects are easy to find, but if you want a game you can play with no real mental challenge, this is good. My 5 yo grandson even likes it.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Aug 1, 09 11:13 PM
I played the trial of the game for 60 minutes and found it way to easy and boring. I'm waiting for another game like Return to Ravenhearst or Department 42. Those were cool games.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Aug 1, 09 11:14 PM
Ooooh, I'm a jellyfish!!!!!!!

Hilux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Hilux on Aug 2, 09 5:10 AM
Played the demo to use up my 60 mins, but I'm not wasting money on this one. I agree with all the gripes above. I live in a third world country were our band with is very limited, and I just wasted 100Mb of my 3000 monthly allowance!
I'm also waiting for a decent HOG. All the writers seem to use the same objects, knives, coat hangers, shoes ect. I can spot an hour glass a mile away. One game I played recently gave you a clue instead. E.G. "Boom" was a barrel of gunpowder

Edited on 08/02/2009 at 5:11:51 AM PST

Legendia
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Legendia on Aug 2, 09 7:26 AM
Out of curiosity: How was it possible to have the time to do a blog walkthourgh and not have the time to do a review?

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Aug 2, 09 7:38 AM
I took a quick look at the dialog on the first level and skipped the rest - from what others have said, sounds like it did not improve.
This started repeating not only rooms but objects! That is the downfall of HOGs when you replay them - it should not be a problem the first time you play the game.
The puzzles are a break but they repeat too and they are pretty easy.

phlsteen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by phlsteen on Aug 2, 09 9:22 AM
Got completely bored after 40 minutes. I wouldn't play the full game if it was free.

I suspect the developers made the lock puzzles skippable because they knew how boring it would be to do those over and over.

Thank goodness for free trials or I probably would have wasted a lot of credits on awful games like this one.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Aug 2, 09 3:44 PM
I read the reviews before playing for 60 minutes and was expecting the worse, but it was not that bad, or not that great. I thought finally a HOG I wont purchase, but I will. It was an average HOG, boring story and anoying music. There is "mini game" between scenes where you break locks, that is not challenging and very repetive. The scene graphics were OK, I am unsure of the time length, anybody know?

[Post New]by Rap6751 on Aug 2, 09 4:11 PM
Loved it!!! Very relaxing. The search scenes were a bit cramped but with the clue assists it was easy to find all the hidden objects. Enjoyed the extra hints too..Also, you could by-pass the mini-games if you wanted to. I liked that aspect of the game. No penalties for not sitting here getting flustrated. Glad I purchased it.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Aug 2, 09 4:16 PM
Found this game to easy and got bored very quickly, i to will save my game credit for another HOG with a bit more excitement. found having to do lock puzzles a bit annoying. This one is not for me.

Rocknchick
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,042 Posts

[Post New]by Rocknchick on Aug 2, 09 10:26 PM
I thought this game was so-so. It was pretty easy, the levels weren't very long, and it was VERY repetitive. It also took quite awhile to reach a new scene to search. Won't be buying this one.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 6, 09 12:29 PM
The game is OK for a rainny day BUT I was wondering about the replay value?

moysy1
Clownfish
Clownfish
587 Posts

[Post New]by moysy1 on Aug 7, 09 4:10 PM
I found the game quite boring and disliked the 'photo-type' cut scenes. The mini-games were simple with no challenge. The story-line sounded good though.

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Aug 13, 09 11:26 AM
Just downloaded and played 10 mins. Boring!! Uninstalled.

Skeets

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on Aug 16, 09 6:40 PM
My sister downloaded this game for me on to my computer. I am glad she is the one who used her game credit and not me. This game is beyond boring and the puzzles, if you can call them that, are too easy. I like it when puzzles are challenging! My advise: Spend your money/game credit on another game. I give this game 1 star out of 5.

Edited on 08/16/2009 at 6:41:23 PM PST

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Sep 6, 09 10:05 AM
The might have been good if it didn't come with this game. The mini games were so easy they were boring. I would expect a thief to steal much better things and in much better locations than this game offered. I won't be buying this one.

Go to: