jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Aug 8, 15 8:31 AM
Uninstalled and reinstalled, and working better now. Not perfect, but definitely better.

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Aug 8, 15 9:03 AM
Playing with Windows 10, twice now my computer has blacked out and restarted while trying to play this. Got Video_Schedular_Internal_Error message when screen came back up, twice. Started out jerky, but can't even get 5 minutes into the game without it blacking out. I did turn off the special effects, first time ever.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 8, 15 9:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by glendalekid on Aug 8, 15 9:56 AM
Clicking on map freezes game - unfreezes after about 10 seconds. Slows the game down too much.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Aug 8, 15 11:03 AM
Same issue with the cursor, playing on Windows 7, so I exited the game completely, then went back in. The cursor worked fine after that.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 8, 15 1:24 PM
0161 said,

Have you tried using your own system curser instead of the games one?

No. I would prefer the game worked as designed.

Plus, I LOVE the special cursors. If I could, I'd have a cursor collection!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Aug 8, 15 1:26 PM
rainworm said,

Yes, maybe turning off the special effects make the game "playable" - but can this be the answer for a CE, which was develloped with special effects???? !!!!!

Exactly.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Aug 8, 15 1:28 PM
Anyone else with this issue....Went to turn on the fire hose and although it gave me the crow bar it wouldn't let me turn on the hose and now I am stuck an unable to proceed farther?

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 8, 15 3:28 PM
No Buy for me. The cursor is too jerky and doesn't keep up with my mouse movements. The problem goes away when I switch to system cursor, but what fun is that? Boring cursors make for a boring game.

Fix this in your games, Elephant, and I'll be back to buy. I'll wait for the standard edition and try it then. If it works as it should, I have a free game credit waiting.

Linda.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Aug 8, 15 3:33 PM
Running on Mac OS whenever it begins loading for a new scene it will freeze for a few moments other than that no problems... I still love this game !

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 8, 15 3:40 PM
jaxxgirl wrote:Running Windows 10 and having all sorts of problems. Sometimes the game simply will not load after the opening segment, other times my computer restarts itself with an error message of "video TDR failure". And, yes, when I was able to play, the cursor was a nightmare. Hope there's some sort of fix, as I enjoyed playing the other games in this series.

I got this error as well on Windows 10

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Video TDR error stands for Timeout Detection Recovery and it's a graphics card issue. Microsoft says to make sure to install the latest driver. Well, the one on their site for my laptop is older than what I currently have so no fix there. But thought those of you who get this error would like to know what the name of it is, in case you didn't. Just sayin'

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 6:30:32 PM PST

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Aug 8, 15 4:48 PM
Well!

Played the demo only.

And I'm playing on Win 8.1, and seem to have two new (to the forum thread) problems. I picked the custom mode, and turned off tasks, only to have the (expletive) things keep interrupting. (I turned off sparkles, too, and didn't see any.)

The map wouldn't show me where active tasks were. All I got were the question marks. I don't like to use hints for that, but oh well. At least the hints teleported me.

I found my cursor to be a little sloppy but controllable by speed. The slower I moved it, the closer to my track it stayed. I don't know if this will help anybody, as there is such a diversity of glitches.

anderkat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by anderkat on Aug 8, 15 9:39 PM
Windows 7; game very slow to load, and between scene changes. I played the beta and did not experience those problems. Only change to my computer during the interim is an update to Java 8/51.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Aug 8, 15 10:43 PM
Playing on Windows 10. Same problem as other posters, screen blacked out and restarted, Video_Schedular_Internal_Error message.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 9, 15 4:21 AM
No I haven't tried that, but I will.
Today I've tried to play the game 3 times so far, and it won't open up, it's driving me nuts, so I'll delete the game, and install it again.
This makes me angry, as the games should be tested on all platforms, to make sure they play OK, and at the moment it doesn't seem as though they are tested, take note BFG

I did try it, and so far so good, thank you 0161, much appreciated

Edited on 08/09/2015 at 5:45:08 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 9, 15 6:40 AM
Black screen that just sits there? I bought this game without trying it first as I love all the others. The black screen was there so long before anything showed up that I had my finger on the button to shut down my computer and reboot. Then it got stuck on the first loading and I did have to reboot. I haven't even been able to play the game yet.

I'm supposed to delete special effects? Why? I paid full price for this game!

C'mon!!

I'm using Windows 7 so this is not only a Windows 10 problem.

Edited on 08/09/2015 at 6:46:56 AM PST

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Aug 9, 15 7:22 AM
I read about the problems people were having before I tried the demo so I turned off the special effects before I started. It didn't prevent the extremely slow cursor & wait times of almost a minute between scenes. I had a black screen while I was waiting. I thought the game had frozen several times but no, it was just loading. Having to fight with the cursor in one of the mini-games & the extreme slowness of the cursor & load times made the game virtually unplayable. I always finish a demo with time still left but with this one, because it was so slow, I ran out of time before the end of the demo. It's extremely disappointing because the game would have been very good otherwise. There's no way I can buy this unless they fix it. I'm running Windows Vista. This problem is occurring to people running all kinds of operating systems so it's clearly the game that is the problem.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Aug 9, 15 9:40 AM
No point in buying another defective game!

You would think that after all the years Elephant Games has been producing games that they would try to correct some of their continuing problems, but maybe they just don't care.

Aside from all the other comments posted here, I haven't seen anybody talk about the game freezing during Hidden Object scenes so that you can't choose an object, nor can you use a Hint or go to the Menu. The fix is to just exit out of the game and start it again, at which point whatever you end up with from the H/O shows up in your Inventory.

Then, if you choose the wrong item from your Inventory to use for a task, it flies up to the upper left corner of the screen. The fix is to exit to the Main Menu and press Play to continue your journey.

Next problem is that you have accomplished a task and the bar at the top tells you what you need to do. Example, you flip the switch to turn on the lights at the Station and it tells you that you need to turn on the lights.

This is not specific to only this game, these problems happen in every single Elephant Game. I wonder what it would take to make them listen because reporting any problems doesn't seem to get anything fixed for the next go 'round.

BTW, I'm running Win 7 Pro.

Edited on 08/09/2015 at 9:41:27 AM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 9, 15 9:41 AM
I just finished the game - I also had the same problem with the "floating" cursor - the cursor and the items does not keep up with the mouse. VERY ANNOYING. Also, I could not grab the dynamite on the navy ship in the bonus chapter - my screen froze. Had to ctrl/alt/del to get out. When I went back into the game, the dynamite was "magically" in my inventory.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Aug 9, 15 10:15 AM
I have Windows 10 too, and the computer is brand new (only 3 days ago!) with i7. The game starts and as soon as I´m trying to do anything: black screen! and restarting

Go to: