Well I liked the game and the graphics are amazing,
Think I will buy this one...

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:City Style comments and reviews

[Post New]by lentenrose on Aug 8, 09 8:53 AM
A HOG without deep shadows and dark graveyards! A reminder that it can be done.
It is a fairly easy game for those of us who have been hunting objects for a while. It would probably attract players new to this type of game. Personally, I also like looking for a catagory of things without haveing to refer to a list everytime.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Aug 9, 09 1:56 AM
I absolutely LOVED THIS GAME. It is a very nice change of pace to our HOD games. It is in the same style as ZEAL ... in case any of you have not tried that game.

I liked City Styles better than Zeal. It was basically easy to find the objects, but the objects varied so much and it was such a "happy game". that I bought it right away. I just finished it. It appears that the hidden objects change places in each new game...so there is replay value to this game too!

Just wanted to say ...it made me happy.....lol!

OnWI

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Aug 10, 09 6:24 AM
I am realy enjoying this game. there is great graphics the story line well if you want a good one buy a book , but it does have one as such. the mini games are good and all differant, each level is differant also and not that easy, yes plenty of hint for the ones that want that, no timer for the ones that want that, change in puzzles that are quite challenging especially moving the furniture. and plenty of variety of places. The hidden items are well hidden but not impossible to find and not stupid. Nice cheery game with a little glamour.

shoub be three half but no half but very enjoyable and does get better the longer you go into it.

Cheers
lineck

sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Aug 10, 09 7:24 PM
Soooooooooo very boring. Almost fell asleep before the demo was over. Just so repetitive. Was trying to waste some time before going outside to do some work and this put me in la-la land and not wanting to do anything. Guess I need more of a challenge!!

Sylviald
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Sylviald on Aug 11, 09 6:57 PM
Everyone keeps saying "the graphics are great". Didn't ANYONE find the blurred background between games most annoying?

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Aug 12, 09 7:47 AM
The background STARTS OUT....blurry when each new section starts. You are right. But in a few seconds.. the picture becomes clear. It may take a little longer depending on our computers...but prior to each page the blur goes into clear...Hope that this helps.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Aug 15, 09 8:58 AM
I kind of like this game but am on the fence whether to purchase it or not. My decision isn't because I don't like the game but because I already have so many HOGs (but they are of the find the guns and knives variety ). Also, I'm not sure how long the game is and with my rationing of credits I'm always afraid that I'll spend a credit a day before a really lengthy and wonderful game comes out!

Oh well. All in all I think its a cute game and not just for kids. Its nice to have a game like this in your collection for when the macabre and dark games get to you -- this game is definitely colorful, light and happy.

shaye1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by shaye1947 on Aug 17, 09 1:03 AM
WELL, UMMMMM , I REALLY HATE DOING THIS BECAUSE I USUALLY LOVE MOST OF B.F. HOG'S I HAVE 25-30 OF THEM, BUT I JUST COULDN'T GET INTO THIS ONE, I AGREE WITH SYLVAILD. THE BLURRING BETWEEN SCENES WAS ENOUGH TO GIVE ME A HEADACHE, ON TOP OF "BORING" I JUST CAN'T SAY I LIKED THIS ONE AT ALL. (SORRY B.F.)

ezputt
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ezputt on Aug 17, 09 10:32 AM
Very booooorrrrriiiiing game!

esthers2
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by esthers2 on Aug 22, 09 12:25 PM
like the game pretty interesting and different but caught spelling error, sb "salon" not saloon
also don't know where they got the models for the game but great eyecandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Sep 5, 09 10:50 AM
It is an ok game but not really one I would care to buy. Maybe because I'm not really into the whole fashion thing. LOL.

[Post New]by viktorija2602 on Mar 10, 10 8:11 AM
i love dis game

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 8:12:08 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 9, 10 1:35 PM
Wow. I literally had to stop and go look at the screenshots again to be sure we were talking about the same game. Surprised how many are loving this one.

Right off the bat, the first thing I found myself thinking in the very first scene was this has a gaudy, garrulous "overly pretty" look that is common the taste of a 9 or 10 year old girl. The text boxes in particular, bright hot pink with huge stars & hearts & lightning bolts and everything else just made the game seem cheapened and juvenile. I usually enjoy straight HOGs but this one is a little too simple. You have unlimited hints, no hint timer, no penalty for clicking too many times and the objects really are not even hidden.

You're not really having to find all that many pieces, but merely click whatever it is they are telling you on the screen. Most items are right out in the open - you could pretty much click everything that stands out without even knowing what to look for. Most scenes ask you to find a number of item such as 20 pairs of boots, 20 CDs, 20 scarves.

Some of the mini games were move the boxes into the pre-outlined spaces on the floor or put these CDs in the cases where the pictures match. One mini game I did think was sort of original and kinda fun was one where the boss' purse was spilled. You had to match all the lids & tops to each type of makeup, lotions, etc. to the correct one.

This game is quite easy and a little cheesy. For adults, this would be a game that would still be doable if you were extremely tired (or heavily drugged). I think where it would really shine and be enjoyable to is to young, pre-teens girls who are very interested in fashion, makeup, etc. I'd rate this one 2.5 stars out of 5.

Go to: