Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by 0161 on Aug 14, 15 12:54 AM
exact wrote:I have not bought it yet and probably won't. I'm running windows 8 and it's slow with black screen etc. I thought it was just my computer, but it's a new laptop and runs all the other games well. So I think I will uninstall this and wait until they fix the bugs.

I'm running windows 8.1 and have had no problems at all on my laptop, maybe worth going to 8.?

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by lkbambi on Aug 14, 15 8:53 AM
Yet another game that won't work on my computer. I'm giving up on ERS games too. It seems a lot of games that come out now don't get the update they need to to work properly. Thank goodness for the other developers. It would be nice if they took their time to make sure they work before releasing them. I have windows 7. Not downloading windows 10 until I know more about how it will affect things.

whimperx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by whimperx on Aug 14, 15 9:57 AM
Running Windows 8 and the magic mirror will not work to get the second lantern stone. I can't even put the mirror back. I have to shut the game down. I agree with other comments, too many glitches from this developer and we expect better quality control for what is charged.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Aug 14, 15 12:34 PM
windows 7 downloaded the demo; like the above it shut down my computer or I should say I could not close it or delete it from my computer even after turning the computer off. So I deleted the game manager and finally got rid of this awful demo,.

[Post New]by deadravins on Aug 14, 15 2:38 PM
I'm stuck in a hog that will not let me click on the object in the list. I used a hint just to make sure it was the correct object, which it is. I've tried clicking on different areas of the object, to no avail, so I finally erased the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: Chains of Promise Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 14, 15 8:13 PM
shelterhill wrote:I am running on Windows 7, 64 bits, no trouble at all..

Same here. Using a Win7, 64-bit laptop, and don't have problems and no lag in the scene changes.

[Post New]by red943 on Aug 14, 15 9:42 PM
I bought this game and it will not run at all. Windows 10. All my other games run fine. I get this message:
Error: Acess violation at 0x00000000 (tried to write to oxoooooooo), program terminated

[Post New]by ladywuf on Aug 15, 15 10:28 AM
Playing the demo started out fine but when I went back to it nothing but problems, game keeps freezing and has to be shut down. I never had any problems with games before but now have them often without much done by BF to fix them. Still waiting for a fix for the Trigon issue so many had in Forgotten Kingdoms: The Ruby Ring CE, cannot finish the last step of game to get to play bonus, didn't have any trouble with the game until that point! very disappointed that BF still hasn't come out with a fix for this problem plus continued to post same answer to everyone who had this problem. Like others I'm beginning to question if I should be looking at a new gaming site.

[Post New]by kimbas on Aug 18, 15 9:43 AM
I'm on satellite internet and downloading "costs" me bytes. I downloaded this even though I'm almost out and it won't even start. This "sale" game will now cost me an additional $20.00 Thanks BFG

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 18, 15 10:39 AM
I use Windows 8.1
When I first started playing the game, it was OK, then suddenly it went really slow between scenes, I don't get it at all, all my drivers are up to date, so what gives?!

[Post New]by tatisgran on Aug 22, 15 1:23 AM
Running Windows 7 64 bit. Midway through the game, after completing a mini game I get an error message that the "runtime wants to shut down in an unusual way". It doesn't stop my computer just the game. I removed and re-installed it and when I started to play it continued from the last point and I got the error message again. I purchased it after the trial period with no problems during the trial.

[Post New]by Angelspawn on Aug 25, 15 9:32 AM
I missed getting the crown when I finished the board game with the Isa and dragon figurines so I went back and try clicking on it to get it and the game shuts down with a runtime error. Everything is up to date, I've restarted my pc (windows 7), and uninstalled and reinstalled. What now? I've really enjoyed the game till now and would like to finish it.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Aug 30, 15 2:06 PM
I have tried three times now to make the 'life potion' in the Bonus game, and each time the game crashes with an access violation.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Sep 26, 15 12:37 PM
Getting a runtime error, this is the third game not working from bigfish games, now I have to request another replacement, how was I to know? The demo worked fine! I'm running the win 10 upgrade..... I reinstalled, restarted my computer.... before I restarted no game would work, but now only this one. Very disappointed, because I had to first pay for it before knowing it I would get a runtime error.

[Post New]by NEESAchan on Oct 6, 15 5:49 AM
I'm having the same problem as many here are experiencing. Getting stuck in the first puzzle scene and the game won't let me solve the puzzle to open the window. (IOW I press the buttons in the CORRECT order and then absolutely nothing happens.) I also suspect it is ERS' fault and NOT everyone's computer or Windows 10 or whatever, since, unlike the other users here, I'm using a Mac OS 10.9. Additionally, I also bought (stupid me, should of tried the demo first...) another ERS game, "Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix CE" which doesn't even START! I'd also appreciate it if someone here could send me an actual Big Fish customer service email address (NOT info AT bigfishgames DOT com - that just redirects you to the website), since the email form on their website is not functioning for me. Thanx.

[Post New]by knoelli on Oct 6, 15 1:44 PM
Since running Windows 10 here, I was also unable to try any title from ERS Games on my machine anymore, they all crashed with an access violation.

However, at least for my machine, I found the solution, and I think it might help some fellow fishies here as well. The problem was with an integrated but incomplete graphics driver in Windows 10 for my graphics card. I "downgraded" the driver to an older but complete one from Intel, and now the problems are gone.

As the entire explanation is rather lengthy, I created a blogpost to describe the matter and my solution. Hopefully it is of some help to those running into problems on Windows 10. You can find my post here: https://vivaldi.net/de/blogs/featured-blogs/entry/casual-game-compatibility-with-windows-10

Go to: