Rotating the map pieces ?

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Rotating the map pieces ?

[Post New]by myshania on Aug 19, 15 3:17 PM
Im Really glad to see every had the same problem I did with the Map!! Had to skip it and I HATE TO DO THAT!! LOL

lakegurl
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lakegurl on Aug 23, 15 3:17 PM
For what it’s worth, I will add my 2 cents (old expression). Here was my experience with the puzzle behind the map: I was playing on casual, so on my puzzle only the top two clusters/designs were “playable”, the bottom two were already fixed. I don’t know how that might be playing on other levels. On the top two (and I can’t remember the colors right now, sorry) but on the left one the term “rotate” isn’t really accurate. On that puzzle the little cells switch places to complete the design- they DO NOT rotate. Once the cell is in the correct place, it locks and is no longer switchable, so just keep clicking and switching until you have them all in place. On the upper right part, the individual cells rotate with a quick left click of your mouse, but once they are oriented correctly they lock and will no longer rotate- that’s why you could be clicking on them with no response. So just keep clicking on each one, one at a time, until it stops rotating. Once all cells are locked you are done. I hope that might be helpful. It really was a simple puzzle, and I don’t think there are any glitches in the game, it’s just that the mechanics of it were so awkward!!! Plus, part of the puzzle wasn’t even “active”, and the directions to “rotate” (and no mention of “switching”) kind of added to the confusion. But then again, I already struggled with another puzzle in the game (thanks to Bartsister for helping me out) so maybe I’m a little foggy today LOL.

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tetrouge on Aug 27, 15 11:21 AM
I have been trying for an hour to rotate those damn map pieces!!!~ No arrow anywhere for rotating, right click does not work, Yes, the 2 pieces that are supposed to be found are there!! What the Hell is going on? Didn't expect this in an ERS game? Can someone tell me how to rotate the pieces?

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 28, 15 2:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to see that left-clicking or double-clicking on those pieces have worked for some of you. If there's still trouble with this, you can definitely contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Tinklynne on Aug 28, 15 5:53 PM
The Quick Left Click works for me. Whew.

Nightsong
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Nightsong on Sep 5, 15 7:46 PM
Not only a rapid left click, but also in a very specific spot on each map piece which, unfortunately, changes after it is rotated once. Needless to say, having to re-find that miniscule hot-spot multiple times for map pieces that need to be rotated 2-3 times is very, very frustrating.

As someone else mentioned it does appear to help to have the piece in the general right spot, and it also helps to not have the map piece you're working with stacked on another. Unfortunately, the glittering points of light do not indicate where each individual map piece's pivot points are.

As a general rule, I love ERS games, but this puzzle definitely failed QA at some point. This needs an update.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Sep 8, 15 7:54 PM
How frustrating! I tried various ways of clicking with the left sided button of the mouse & then with the right side button. I finally closed the game & came here to see if anyone else had a problem.

I like these sort of mini games but not when it's hair tearing, like this one is.

Kam

Go to: