Pirates Day Mystery?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:Pirates Day Mystery?

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 16, 15 8:52 AM
Just so there is NO confusion there Tondue2. They have stopped UPDATING the game not ALL ACTIVITY as you state. Which means what we have is what we WILL GET. We have been assured by BFG personnel that indeed there will be Holiday Material as its built into the game hence this very thread. The game itself has a countdown bar for Pirates Day that states it will start in 33 days or is that not showing in your game?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 16, 15 11:22 AM
Bluex wrote:Just so there is NO confusion there Tondue2. They have stopped UPDATING the game not ALL ACTIVITY as you state. Which means what we have is what we WILL GET. We have been assured by BFG personnel that indeed there will be Holiday Material as its built into the game hence this very thread. The game itself has a countdown bar for Pirates Day that states it will start in 33 days or is that not showing in your game?

W-H-A-T?!? They're not updating this game any longer?? Just kidding..

That would be crazy town all the way if they had all the quests in one day.. in a way it would kinda be fun, an absolute madhouse!

Since they obviously programmed the mower to become a rake and a shovel, that means they have the ability to change things out that currently aren't visible. Wonder if we'll be surprised with other decor.. like Pirate stuff? Or the removal of the fog?

Probably just wishful thinking.. but it would be cool and welcomed.

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Aug 16, 15 1:17 PM
Can I throw my 2-cents worth of input to this game? I'm an optimistic about life in general. So here's my opinion to some of the posts made about the upcoming Specials mainly Pirate Day. When the developers of ART decided to put a halt to any updates, they must of thought about us (players) that do love the game and decided during the long delay to make the ending BIG. Not only getting the AES Site done but think about it, when you look at the Collectibles, we would have to go some place different then our regular boring little places that we've done over & over & over again.
Yes, as I speak, the new area at Beechwood Cove is slowly clearing up, to what, is still open for anyone's opinion (good or bad). Back to some of the Collectibles, I noticed some of these leave to the imagination as to where these would be located. For a few examples, Pirate Ship Decorations, the Junk Ship would be found in the Seas of Japan, right? And the Seven Seas Pearls, think of where the 7 Seas are located!
I know the saying, "We can only dream, can't we?" But like I said, it's only my opinion that I'm throwing out there. Does anyone have a better idea about these?

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 16, 15 1:55 PM
OK, I made up a whole story and someone rained on my parade, really!! Hello miss optimist here, I even added the turtle in there, now i have decided that walking the plank could be an option for pessimists!! If we dont have a sense of humour whats the point in playing really, we all need something to look forward to, lets have more theories and fun ideas!!

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Aug 16, 15 2:26 PM
fishfingers10 wrote: OK, I made up a whole story and someone rained on my parade, really!! Hello miss optimist here, I even added the turtle in there, now i have decided that walking the plank could be an option for pessimists!! If we don't have a sense of humor what's the point in playing really, we all need something to look forward to, lets have more theories and fun ideas!!

I'm raining on your parade! heeheehee.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 16, 15 2:54 PM
I think the more we believe those 13 cities/countries will magically open up, the more disappointed we will be when they don't.

I'm keeping my expectations low in the hopes that will make whatever we do get appear good rather than have Pirate Day show up and be monumentally (sorry, wrong game) extremely let down.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Aug 16, 15 11:31 PM
WildCat_1988 wrote:
fishfingers10 wrote: OK, I made up a whole story and someone rained on my parade, really!! Hello miss optimist here, I even added the turtle in there, now i have decided that walking the plank could be an option for pessimists!! If we don't have a sense of humor what's the point in playing really, we all need something to look forward to, lets have more theories and fun ideas!!

I'm raining on your parade! heeheehee.

Thankyou, lol.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 17, 15 9:29 AM
So there are 44 quests.. do you think 31 of those are the building customization? Or because that is a separate achievement, do you think we'll have 44 additional? What about the collectibles? Will those be included?

44 quests
31 building customization

means 13 quests remaining.

1 for Spain
There are 20 pieces that make up the special collections. Which would mean I'm over the number by 8.. hmm...

Anyone notice that one of the Collections is titled Pirate Ship Decorations? What does that mean? Is that a clue to the Decorate the buildings with Pirate Day? Could it not be a customization after all?

What do you think the quests will be?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 17, 15 10:23 AM
I don't think any of the 44 quests will ask us to customize a building since it can't be done within 24 hours without using gold.

I hadn't noticed the names of the collectibles before, but there's another set that has the word decorations in the name, Pirate Navigation Decorations. Can't see how we would collect them and use them to decorate the buildings.

I don't think the number of collectibles is related to the number of quests. We usually get 4 sets of collectibles with each holiday event, but we've never had 44 quests before.

Usually each quest has had several parts. I wonder if instead of have 2 or 3 parts to a quest, the reason why we have so many quests is that each quest will only have 1 part.

I think the quest will be the usual somebody has an idea for a party/celebration and we'll be sent all over the country talking to people who will help out supplying us with various items.

Had this event arrived last year, the big thrill would have been gathering collectibles for gold, same as for all the other special events. I'm not sure what the impetus will be to compel a lot of us to go for the gold.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 17, 15 11:42 AM
I too don't have any plans to play to obtain tons of gold. My game has been played already, with only the events to do.. so since each event rewards gold, I have nothing to spend it on..

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Aug 17, 15 1:10 PM
One more thing I just remembered..

The pirate box on the wharf. How will that come into play, if at all? Will Pirates Day lead us to who stole the paintings?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 17, 15 2:39 PM
I would hope so Chestnut.. that whole thing was forgotten about. One would hope its tied in, well it does have the pirate thing on it, which means we shoulda' had pirates open last year September.

jacq58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jacq58 on Aug 19, 15 2:57 AM
Have been reading through the threads - when I looked at Achievements for pirates day I saw the 'Decorate the day with pirate day buildings' so have spent hours playing dinosaur game to get coins and have just completed my last building update - they took a few days so I did one town at a time.Are we going to do the same as last time in Spring Quest? Put on what the quests are etc? If so I am more than happy to do my bit (I am in England so will be ahead for some behind for others) I wouldn't be any good at starting the Forum post for it - not that technical - but am happy to post from midnight each day UK time as to quests, if they are 24 hour or for whole event etc

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Aug 19, 15 4:38 AM
What a nice offer, Jacq. I think that would be a splendid idea.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Aug 19, 15 8:42 AM
Oh, yes please Jac! We usually have the Aussies start as they are the first, then the Uk folk help out the Yanks. The more info we have the better. Last time it was such fun with the UK and the back and forth questions. It really added to the camaraderie. as it was a lot of fun and added to the excitement of the event.

jammet
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jammet on Aug 19, 15 10:24 AM
[i]thanks for the offer Jac, we Canucks will also benefit from a helping hand. cheers

Go to: