kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

TWO QUESTIONS (negative) but getting into the game finally(edit)

[Post New]by kandinsky on Aug 17, 15 4:58 PM
after only played a third of the game I had these two questions.
I am now adding a three.
1)Don't men rescue young women any more? Are all the men in HOPA land useless fops and twerps like the ones I have seen so far in this game?
2) More serious question. I admire Mad Head's innovations and attention especially in the Cadenza games but even also in Subject 360. Of the big ones they have seemed to me to be the only dev not now mailing it in BUT

Is this really a story about a princess who needs to be rescued to prevent the world from freezing over? have I not played this same story 10 times already? why are people so entranced by this terribly impoverished idea of what a fantasy story can be?

maybe its because it is still summer and the polar bear looks refreshingly cool?
I am at a loss ... or maybe Mad Head has earned a free pass from us and thats ok

and maybe the story such as it is picks up as we go along...

but these questions early on. and

(3) Met the dirigible pilot dwarf (now with a train)again and it is enough to give the fantasy a sense of freshness. fantasy writing even outside game developing studios where it is not really an end in itself, is not simple. the old fairy stories , and then Tolkien , set patterns hard to both use and break through to newness at the same time. this game it seems tries...

Edited on 08/18/2015 at 9:08:14 AM PST

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by Pixielate on Aug 18, 15 5:58 PM
I found this game to be just too annoying to continue. The beginning (goes on and on) with so much talk, instead of action. Time wasted looking around the carriage. Sorry, for me it's not fun.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 23, 15 12:18 PM
Read my thread in tech issues for major things I didn't like. That said, I believe that Mad Head has become my favorite developer! I really like that you can go back and pick up the crowns and morphing objects that were missed. I'm willing to put up with the slowness. Beautiful game! I hope MH gets the bugs sorted out. I give it 4 1/2 s.

[Post New]by maxeskeepr on Aug 23, 15 5:57 PM
I am new to this game. Can you set up more than one player?

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Aug 24, 15 12:09 AM
Extremely well executed game; Nice suprise; especially compared to very dissapointing Mystery Trackers game lately. The minigames were diverse, and quite challenging; and eventhough I had to use the skip function a couple of times (thus far), it wasn't frustrating as compared to other games. The voice overs were superb, so was the graphics and sound. A big 5/5 from me (y)

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 24, 15 7:50 AM
I want a reset on puzzles. I hate, hate, hate it when I figure out what to do just a few seconds too late and there's no reset. I don't know....is it something difficult to include in a game? I like (love) this developer and I like this game but no resets kind of suck a lot of the fun out of playing.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Sep 2, 15 5:58 AM
Just played the beta of the new nevertales, and there is a reset button!

Edited on 09/02/2015 at 5:58:54 AM PST

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Sep 7, 15 8:48 AM
I bought this game as a 2 for 1 just from the positive reviews and I regret it. The intros are great and the game is beautifully presented but all I got in the first few minutes is a boing boing sound as I investigated the most obvious possibilities. I advanced over time but found this so annoying thinking that this was just done to make the game last longer that I am just deleting the game .... yep you got paid for this game but this developer has lost me as a customer from here on in. So much potential but the annoyance factor is overwhelming! Sorry, I know you put a lot of time in to satisfy those than whinge a lot but I play these games as a relaxation and I was getting so frustrated that I had to keep pressing the hint that the game is not at all enjoyable.

[Post New]by Sharky55 on Sep 7, 15 10:15 AM
I loved the sound track and went into the extras and listened to the tracks then opted to save them to my PC.
Sadly what I heard and what was saved are totally different!
I was greatly disappointed when listening to the saved tracks.
For a CE edition and the sound track being so starkly different I am sorry I bought the game.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Sep 16, 15 5:34 PM
I like Mad Head games and really did enjoy the game HOWEVER.... I must agree with other people who commented on the horrible clunking noise their games make when you do not click on the correct object. Another thing I must mention to them is to cut out the bright, flashing lights. I have light sensitivities and I get dizzy and get a headache. The game play was great as well as the story line. I love having morphing objects in the HOS and the puzzles were good. Of course I also like having collectibles in each scene. Thank you for a great game

[Post New]by mlcorsaro on Sep 20, 15 7:52 PM
The makers and designers of these puzzles are creative, to say the least. I very much enjoyed the graphics as well. I liked being able to skip through much of the verbal dialogue since the captions were also visible so I could read through it and go on.

I am overwhelmingly tired of the occult overtones in almost every adventure game offered through BFG. The quality of the graphics, the art, the music, and mostly the intelligence involved in creating these puzzles is so wonderful that these elements will work, I repeat, WILL WORK, without the tired, cliched gimmicks of the occult, demonic and gothic themes. Sadly, this game falls into that category.

The worst part of this game comes in the Bonus chapter when a potion must be made from ingredients that includes blood!

When I got to that point and realized that I would have to feed this to a friend, I quit the game and uninstalled it. I found this to be disgusting, revolting and disturbing on so many levels, I wanted to end my membership - and I've been a member since BFG's inception.

Please, BFG, you really can do better than this. You all are really incredibly talented, brilliant, creative, beautiful people and I have been a fan for many years. I own so much BFG swag that you can't turn around in my house without bumping into Felix's smiling face. My mother, children and grandchildren play these games based on my recommendations and I don't want them to see this particular game on my list of purchases.

Go to: