dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 22, 15 8:15 AM
Anyone playing this game on Windows XP? What technical problems have you encountered? Thanks.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Realm: Princess of Ice Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 23, 15 12:08 PM
I went ahead and bought the game on the weekend special, because it downloaded fine and quickly (for my computer). Play was ok, but slow. Now that I'm in to the game a ways, I find the play very slow. I have to click every object, the hint, etc. several times before I get a reaction. I had to skip the downhill sled ride because the clicking didn't react quickly enough to keep me from crashing, so I was pretty battered by the time reached the bottom. Boy, those crowns are hard to find! This is a beautiful game otherwise. I'm on Windows XP.

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Aug 23, 15 4:19 PM
I also had the error message about my graphics card - newly installed Windows 10. Ran check - it's up to date. Unfortunately I have bought this game!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 24, 15 10:33 AM
mareflynn wrote:Can't play third level of shooter game in the second chapter. This needs to be played fast but the cursor freezes momentarily. I'm on Windows 7, all drivers updated and turned off the custom cursor.
Any suggestions? Would greatly appreciate any help! I am beyond tired of games that don't work!!!

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have Windows Vista and had the same problem. I finally skipped in frustration, but may want to play the game again.

[Post New]by ElizabethFuhrman on Aug 24, 15 1:24 PM
I also can't play third level of the shooter game in the second chapter. The cursor freezes momentarily. I'm on Windows 10, all drivers updated and The custome cusor is also turned off. Any suggestions? Would greatly appreciate any help!

Edited on 08/24/2015 at 1:28:50 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Aug 25, 15 2:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the various issues with this game, especially those related to freezing and error issues.

For any freezing, we recommend the steps in the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Regarding the notice to update the graphics card as well as any other issues, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Aug 26, 15 3:30 PM
I have a Mac running Mavericks and it downloaded quickly and I never had any tech trouble. My mind had troubles solving some of the puzzles, but that's not unusual. I enjoyed this so much more than Maze Subject 360.

patskarma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by patskarma on Aug 30, 15 6:37 AM
I posted earlier about getting the message to upgrade my graphics card when I tried to play this game. It downloaded fine but when you hit play, the graphics error came up. More than one person has tried this and we all get the same message. We are upgraded to the Windows 10 and so far, this is the only game that gives me the message. I have downloaded others after this game and they play fine. Has anyone in service even attempted to find out the problem with this error? I keep checking to see and it seems that no one cares.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Sep 7, 15 6:55 AM
Have Windows 10. Didn't have any problem intel bonus game. I too got locked out of a cave. The 1st cave. I start with last cave and went backwards. When I left the last cave (really the 1st) without the bracelet to see if I needed anything out of the cave the door closed and won't let me back in. I can't do anything. I can't finish. Hint button says Nothing to do. Only 2 scenes there.

[Post New]by aniasynek on Sep 9, 15 11:58 PM
When I click play, I get black horizontal bars running up and down screen. did reinstall but no help. windows 10

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 10, 15 3:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the various issues that have been posted here. To clarify, we use the designated tech threads for each game to identify any prevalent or trending issues with the game. The Forums format doesn't allow us to adequately provide troubleshooting assistance.

If our Help pages don't provide a solution, we do recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help in any way they can.

Best of luck,

bfgWaimea

jdylea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jdylea on Sep 21, 15 1:15 PM
I am in the throne room and there is an arrow to the left but no arrow going to the right. Every time I ask for a hint the bear paw points to the right, but I can't go there. Any suggestions?????????

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Sep 25, 15 9:34 PM
iMac 10.10.5
Bonus Chapter -- Left Darkness cave without bracelet and door closed. Will not open and cannot finish. Patch?
Also, why would we have to go through the Dr. Felix process when it quite obviously looks like a problem with the game since it is across platforms?

Edited on 09/25/2015 at 9:35:57 PM PST

[Post New]by TempleSa13 on Dec 8, 15 6:13 PM
Just downloaded game and cannot open due to message saying graphics drivers need to be updated - can't be because computer is new but I am using Windows 10. Why would I buy a game I can't open???Had the same problem with another program I bought. May not buy games in the future since I don't know if I can open them until after I buy.

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Jan 15, 16 1:11 PM
same problem here asking for update graphics card. I have the updated card and still cannot get into the game what gives with BG lately. They say the games will play with windows 10 but it seems that is not the case here. What gives BG????

Go to: