Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Grandpa's Candy Factory comments and reviews

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 8, 09 6:12 PM
I agree, lordk. I bought the game today, though, because the game is definitely holding my interest and the designers obviously put a lot of thought into this game so that it wouldn't feel like just another match-3 clone. And, considering the drought we match-3'ers have been experiencing lately, I am really, really happy to be playing this game right now.

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Aug 8, 09 8:10 PM
I played the whole hour last night and really liked it. Love the graphics - I've always liked that style. I really don't like the slow dialog, but can't wait to see how the story continues. It's fairytale like to me.
I don't particularily care for the match 3 part in that the board never changes (someone else said that), but it's fun and now that I read here that they get harder, I'll buy the game.

Anybody know who did the graphics for this game? There is either a book or a movie in that style, but I can't remember which - Triplets of Belleville (great cartoon movie - somewhat bizzare, but good).

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Aug 9, 09 10:39 AM
This game is delightful and fun. I usually only do HOG and puzzle games with the exception of two recent purchases. Plants vs. Zombies and Grandpa's Candy Factory. Both had me hooked before my demo ended. I play on the timed mode which can be frustrating and challanging, but that just adds to the fun of the game.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Aug 9, 09 3:27 PM
I REALLY like the option to play timed or relaxed. Simply because some days I like the challenge and some days I just want to relax...this way I can have the best of both worlds so to speak!

Edited on 08/09/2009 at 3:28:19 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 29, 09 9:18 AM
The chaining type of match 3 is not my favorite. Which is a shame, since the game is sooo well crafted. I love the graphics and the music in all parts. And I love that it has a relaxed mode as well. I think this will go in my "may buy" bin for when I have a game credit I don't know what else to do with.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 6:49:13 AM PST

[Post New]by WHERLEY on Sep 1, 09 4:36 PM
OK I HAVE READ MOST OF THE POSTS BUT NO ONE SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HOW TO GET THE NUTS,, GRR I HAVE CLICKED AND CLICKED,, HOW DO I DROP EM ? i CANT GET ANY OF THEM TO MOVE --SWITCH OR DO ANYTHING--EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE A BUNCH WILL DROP BUT I DONT KNOW WHY,,HELP I HAVE PLAYED MANY MATCH GAMES,,BUT I CANT FIGURE THIS ONE OUT.
THANKS

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 1, 09 4:46 PM
Wherley, this thread is for reviews not gameplay tips. Are you talking about pecans and walnuts type of nuts, coconuts, or the nuts and bolts type of nuts? Because those three things get used in different ways.

[Post New]by WHERLEY on Sep 1, 09 10:12 PM
OOPPSSS SO SORRY I NEVER WAS GOOD AT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS--LOL
THANK YOU
ILL CHECK THE OTHER SECTION

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on May 1, 12 7:44 AM
Hi all, Just in case someone, like me, has come across this charming little game late in the day (like 2012!) I would like to say that I have just finished it. I found the whole experience totally addictive and loved almost every moment of play.
A couple of things I found rather annoying:- the pipe puzzle started out OK but became just impossible to do within the time limit before the chocolate came gushing out! In the end I didn't even attempt to do it because I came to realise that it was just to fast. The other thing was the ending:- after catching the culprit, who had been 'putting the spanner in the works' and saying goodbye to Grandfather, the game simply repeated the last 'hidden object' section. I do like a good ending and this one left me 'up in the air'. However, I wouldn't let that put me off playing it again and recommending it to my Granddaughter, who is a chocoholic! What gorgeous and really believable graphics when it came to the sweet section. I just found my mouth watering and the almost uncontrollable desire to attack a box of chocs! I am proud to say I did not give in to the urge..... on with the diet!
Love to all you fishes, Keep recommending games you have found good because I'm still looking. Apart from this one, I have found quite a few outstanding match 3 games (ie. Versuvius, Paradise Island to name but two) Pat-ric-ia x

Go to: