Re:Welcome to Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor forum

[Post New]by MistressVo on Aug 11, 09 2:48 PM
Hmm, I enjoyed the game immensely. The intro didn't bother me once I began playing it in earnest. I hope that they release the sequels soon as it appears on the DelawareStJohn website that there are 4 volumes and the Midnight Manor was only the first volume. (Although how many stories are actually apart of that volume I'm not sure.)

[Post New]by lookingood on Aug 11, 09 8:51 PM
Please...I cant get an 'eye' at the switch beside the crates in the basement, so cant access elevator to 2nd floor, whats happenin???

LJ_04
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LJ_04 on Aug 12, 09 7:36 AM
Excellent game, fantastic that you get an hour trial before you download the full version, graphics and story were fab just a shame there were only two parts to it, neither of which lasted very long... More like this but with longer play time please BF!

[Post New]by Jdall4mark on Aug 12, 09 10:01 AM
Well, now the trial version is only 30 minutes! So with the intro you can't skip that lasts almost 10 minutes, you only get about 20 minutes of trial. Thanks but no thanks! I'll skip this trial and this game. Thanks for the time saving heads-up everybody!

[Post New]by Brinyrose on Aug 13, 09 4:00 PM
I still have 9 minutes of the trial to run but agree with others about the aimless wandering and the credits taking off my trial time. I thought the Record and Photo buttons were to enable one to record and/or photograph any ghosts which may appear. However, when they did appear and conversed with each other my cursor had disappeared so I was unable to hit any buttons at all. Very frustrating. I had decided not to finish the remaining 9 minutes of my trial run, but now have read one or two comments where people have enjoyed and even finished the game. Please, am I missing something?

Blenny
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Blenny on Aug 14, 09 3:01 PM
Don't get it, not sure if I'm having the error - but can't do anything, sat through intro to opening screen shot and no cursor can't move or do anything, had to ctrl, alt & delete out of it

[Post New]by meredith9808 on Aug 15, 09 3:02 AM
i need help.... i get to where the hhunter is chasing delaware and I get to the elevator and walk forward to the stairwell, i go down the stairs then that is as far as i get, the game starts over. please help

[Post New]by AnthroRebel on Aug 15, 09 6:52 PM
I have made it into Game 2. I got into Room 204 and finally escape to the lounge to avoid the Hunter. After the phone conversation, the screen fades out like I was caught by the Hunter and I go back to Room 204. Help!

[Post New]by meredith9808 on Aug 16, 09 2:26 AM
how did you escape the hunter?

[Post New]by kashka000 on Aug 16, 09 6:23 AM
lookingood wrote:Please...I cant get an 'eye' at the switch beside the crates in the basement, so cant access elevator to 2nd floor, whats happenin???

I'm having the same problem! I'm afraid that I'll never get to the 2nd floor. Does anyone have any ideas? Thnxs!

[Post New]by 1krazetrain on Aug 16, 09 8:37 PM
To find the eye for the elavator unlock, before entering basement. go up step ladder(left of basement door) to 1st floor and press elevator button,it will say that isn't working. Then connect with Kelly and she will tell you how unlock elevator.

jzbiz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jzbiz on Aug 19, 09 8:28 PM
Let me know when this is streamlined!!!! I don't think any BF game has ever truly annoyed me before!

[Post New]by Jojobog on Sep 2, 09 10:29 AM
Please, please can someone help me!!
I am on story 2 of the curse of midnight manor, i am trying to escape the beast! I go down the elevator, into the lounge, safe from the beast - supposedly! When kelly calls to say about the hunter and everything, the dialogue then ends and I end up in the bedroom again! It doesn't let me exit the lounge to see the ghost! I have repeated it five times - making it safe to stay in lounge, but always ends up the same way! PLEASE HELP!!

[Post New]by lala3706 on Oct 11, 09 7:58 AM
vicalana wrote:This game came out in 2005. I'm pretty sure I've played the demo before. Got a bit tired of all the talking and also got lost! So didn't finish the hour. Checked a walkthrough to see where I went wrong. Doesn't seem to be that long a game, though I may be wrong. Except for the intro of course!

player_pat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by player_pat on Oct 18, 09 9:26 AM
Delaware St. John – The Curse of Midnight Manor
– By far, THE worst game I’ve ever played and PAID for! It’s my fault, though; should have researched the web about it, first. I downloaded the trial, but it would not work; so I thought it can’t be that bad and purchased it. What a MISTAKE! This game was a step-and-fetch, stop-and-go rip-off! And I’m really annoyed at Big Fish for making it appear as a “new” game, when in fact, it was created in 2005. I wonder does any one at BF try these games out before selling them and taking our money? Or do they just not care about their clients?

I can’t believe ADULTS developed this cheesy, cheap-on-detail game. Besides doing so much bragging and endless credits on the “voices” and graphic design., which are the highlights of the game, the graphics were horrible, to say the least, and the endless maze was the most annoying feature of the game and proved to be a total waste of time with no game value whatsoever.

I suffered through to the end just to see what my money paid for. It doesn’t hold one’s attention and as far as being “innovative” in the sci-fi tech aspect of it – it fails miserably! I’ve also made it a point to save the names of the developer and designers – This way I’ll know not to purchase any other game from them – ever! I’m that dissatisfied. The reviewer praised this game so much, I’d hate to see what a “lesser” game of theirs involves.

jenniebugs
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Welcome to Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor forum

[Post New]by jenniebugs on Nov 16, 09 10:58 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Can someone please tell me how to access Room 300? I have followed the walkthrough to the letter. It specifically says to exit elevator, turn left see a ghost outside a door and then walk forward. The cursor does not point to the immediate door on the left, only forwards, which leads to other rooms. I become hopelessly lost after that!

[Post New]by carolpenny on Dec 21, 09 11:25 AM
I am having trouble with the maza on part 1, and the last part of the maze. Even though I have directions to follow, I'm still not getting anywhere.

[Post New]by carolpenny on Dec 22, 09 10:02 AM
kashka000 wrote:
lookingood wrote:Please...I cant get an 'eye' at the switch beside the crates in the basement, so cant access elevator to 2nd floor, whats happenin???

I'm having the same problem! I'm afraid that I'll never get to the 2nd floor. Does anyone have any ideas? Thnxs!

phaph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by phaph on Mar 10, 10 7:39 AM
Thanks folks, I was thinking of buying it hoping that it might improve, afraid that you've all put me off this one!! Just as well. Just spent weeks with Evil Under the Sun which I thoroughly enjoyed, now missing it

[Post New]by Prayfirst on Apr 4, 12 3:21 PM
808chubs wrote:
walkswithdogs wrote:I was disappointed with this game. I felt I was held captive to the credits and long intro. Most games let you skip the intros and hold the credits until the end of the game where you can skip over them. Seemed it took 10 minutes to actually get to the game. And there is no menu bar (at least to the point in the game I got to) to exit.

I agree with you..I love large file games and was happy to be able to sample one. But putting the credits on first and when you finally get to the game I was already irritated and felt suckered. Didn't play and won't buy.

Your missing out on an old school treat big time!

Go to: