Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Mr Jones' Graveyard Shift comments and reviews

[Post New]by wilbot on Aug 10, 09 10:39 AM
Tried it. Love it. Buying it

[Post New]by sisone1951eaw on Aug 10, 09 10:50 AM
It locked my computer up 2 times and then when finally got it to play the cursor was so slow I couldn't get it to do anything so just deleted it but trust me is nothing like in real life at all. not this one for me at all

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Aug 10, 09 11:42 AM
I really, really love this game, and yeah, I even like the whole cemetary setting. I didn't have problems with loading or playing, but everytime I try to purchase the first item for Mimi, the cash register bells start ringing and the entire game locks up.

I really look forward to learning more of the intricasies of th game, but until the dev team puts out a patch, I won't bother to buy it.

Edited on 08/10/2009 at 11:42:54 AM PST

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Aug 10, 09 11:49 AM
I wish I liked TM games. The creepyness and theme got my attention right away. Guess i am just creepy, period! I like things like this but not TM. Well, what do you all expect from a old woman who collects Egypt, Halloween, Dragons, and Skulls for a hobby.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 10, 09 11:52 AM
It evokes terrible sadness for any of us who've buried someone but maybe that reaction will wear off with time. I'll pass for now and come back another time.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 10, 09 12:46 PM
sisone1951eaw wrote:It locked my computer up 2 times and then when finally got it to play the cursor was so slow I couldn't get it to do anything so just deleted it but trust me is nothing like in real life at all. not this one for me at all

I couldn't even start this game. It froze up after the introduction.

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by imm1264 on Aug 10, 09 12:54 PM
Poodlebear, great review! I think this game is a hoot. I like the idea of planning a nice cemetary also.

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Aug 10, 09 12:55 PM
SimpleAbundance wrote:I decided I'd better hurry up and demo this game before it got pulled.

Though the outright concept of this game may seem doom and gloom, it really does contain fun, non-gory game play. I'm going to be a bit irritated if it does get pulled, like that Dangerous High School Girls game did. I realize this is a family site, but if you are allowing a child who is not old enough to understand the difference between a silly game and how they are allowed to/should act in the real world to be on the computer alone, that is your own responsibility, not BF's. But I digress.

Everybody dies, it's a fact of life. There's nothing disgusting or vile about death itself. There is no murder or other violent theme in this game. I'm definetely considering, after 40 minutes of gameplay, using a credit. I'm a big TM fan but I'm really sick of making food, building towns, and keeping my farm animals in line. I'm excited that we finally have something different!

They did not pull the game The Unicorn Killer... I can not see why they would pull this.... There Is nothing wrong with the concept of this game... Its part of life.. and It's silly... There are little things about It that make me laugh.. May not be the best TM game... But It's not bad like some or making It out to be.

[Post New]by tina041077 on Aug 10, 09 1:03 PM
I also got to the Loading....screen and it just froze. Bummer b/c I thought it would be an interesting TM game

[Post New]by Cole2517 on Aug 10, 09 1:11 PM
tina041077 wrote:I also got to the Loading....screen and it just froze. Bummer b/c I thought it would be an interesting TM game

The same here. I deleted it after the third time of this happening.

[Post New]by KathimacUNIVERA on Aug 10, 09 1:27 PM
same for me. I've reloaded 4 times. Gets to screen with objectives for first level, the quits back to desktop. After reading the comments, doesn't sound like I'm missing much. I thought same thing as person who commented on zombies vs. what ever they are .. thinking this may be fun like that was even though the theme does not appeal to me. I also love the building games, especially Build a Lot and this seemed to be a building game too. Oh well.

dee475 wrote:
toast wrote:I didn't even get to play the trial. It locked up at the loading screen then froze my whole computer. Had to reboot from power button. Then when I uninstalled it I got a message saying the uninstall was incomplete and that some files are still in my computer. I really dont like that idea.

the same happen to me

[Post New]by pammyd9388 on Aug 10, 09 1:42 PM
Getting error message in second graveyard, but love the game.

[Post New]by puzzlegame on Aug 10, 09 1:42 PM
I liked the premise of this game and I enjoy some TM games so I went ahead and got this game. I agree the voice is annoying and Mimi is annoying and unnessisary - Mr. Jones could just be working for a lot of good causes like his own retirement and not her! I was playing along and enjoying the small challange of bigger items and better grave site layouts when I got nausea from Mr. Jones going back from the graves to the cars! I am not usually prone to this as I enjoy large file games that could much more easily make you motion sick. Mr. J's GS game has a good amount of potential as I am also tired of TM games that cook or feed farm animals or the 26th version of build a lot.
Fun game - needs some small fixes on voices, controls and something to fix my nausea! Not worth your game credit yet - maybe in an updated version of the game.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Aug 10, 09 1:44 PM
I don't generally even try TM games although this one sounded cute to me. If the theme doesn't appeal, then don't play it. I've tried one or two that made me think I would rather get a boring repetitive job than play that one (unfortunately I'm disabled).

Anyway, I think cemetaries are interesting but, of course, the game is nothing like real cemetary management. The posts here made me give it a try and it's worked fine although I didn't get very far. Can you only place the bench facing in one direction? I wanted to turn it, but couldn't see how.

I liked the way the mouse clicked moved the character. Mine are usually running into walls

The only part I found strange was that Mimi thing

[Post New]by heatherf30 on Aug 10, 09 2:02 PM
I bought this I find it rather fun. But now it keeps shutting off and taking me back to the screen where i have all my games. Now I'm annoyed I have uninstalled this game many times and it still won't work. BUMMER any Ideas????

[Post New]by diana_j on Aug 10, 09 2:25 PM
KathimacUNIVERA wrote:same for me. I've reloaded 4 times. Gets to screen with objectives for first level, the quits back to desktop. After reading the comments, doesn't sound like I'm missing much. I thought same thing as person who commented on zombies vs. what ever they are .. thinking this may be fun like that was even though the theme does not appeal to me. I also love the building games, especially Build a Lot and this seemed to be a building game too. Oh well.

dee475 wrote:
toast wrote:I didn't even get to play the trial. It locked up at the loading screen then froze my whole computer. Had to reboot from power button. Then when I uninstalled it I got a message saying the uninstall was incomplete and that some files are still in my computer. I really dont like that idea.

the same happen to me

Same here-locked up at the loading screen and had to reboot cold.

rncurtin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by rncurtin on Aug 10, 09 2:27 PM
I am a TM freak!! But I could not play the game. Froze up twice and since I read the reviews before I get home from work I realize this will not work for me so I uninstalled. Will try again after BF gets a few bugs out of it. Back to Burgershop 2 until the next TM comes along....soon I hope.

Patricia

EveM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by EveM on Aug 10, 09 3:31 PM
I like it seeing as I am depressed anyway, but I get an error and it shuts down, this is the second game in a week that I have problems with, as I am disabled and house bound playing these games is pretty much all I can do. Please fix it!

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Aug 10, 09 4:29 PM
The game doesn't run smooth with me -arrow crawls over the screen like a snail.

and what fun is it anyway to throw people in a grave - immidiate delete for mine.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 10, 09 4:38 PM
The idea with a graveyard is totally different to other Tm-Games.
It gets never boring and I like it very much. I have bought it this week

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 11:56:02 AM PST

Go to: